Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

ScotchWhisky

Familiar Face
Thank you so much for the step-by-step, RedDiabla! I will have to try again. :D

Inky, I'm not sure I've ever had my eyebrows complimented before. :eek: Thank you! I always love your pictures... especially the 80s punk one you had up in some thread. It made me smile and it's really fun to see how much your style has evolved.

Antje, thank you. I love my hats and it's a rare day when I'm not wearing one... much to my boyfriend's chagrin. lol

Here's today's hat-n-hair, in which I am desperately trying to look like Myrna Loy. ;) The hat's great and the hair's not bad, but I'm missing out on that amazing bone structure. [huh]

Photo5-1.jpg

Photo3-1.jpg

mluniform.jpg

Inky

One Too Many
ScotchWhisky, randooch is right, Myrna can't hold a candle to you and your eyebrows - you look great in those pictures!

Thank you for the compliment on my 80's picture, it was quite an interesting time of my life, that's for sure, I am glad I have some photos of it, so I don't think I hallucinated it later on lol

I love your hats as well, I wish I could pull of hats, but just don't have the flair for them.

tempestbella42

One of the Regulars
Naama said:
Ah! You girls all look so gorgeous!!!!! I'm in love :)

I don't know, since I moved to england my hair looks horrible all the time :( It's so hard to look good if the weather is wet.... Over here my hair falls appart so fast and easily....

Naama

i dont know about in America, but in differant areas of the UK the water is differant,its either soft or hard and this effects my hair and how well it styles!
you may be best setting on a day old washed hair rather than fresly washed!:)

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
ScotchWhiskey -- are your eyes naturally blue? They look natural on the first page but like contacts on the second! If they are not natural you must tell me where to get the contacts immediately! ;)

ScotchWhisky

Familiar Face
Miss_Bella, I wear contacts, but they're clear so they don't affect my eye colour. I have a friend who wears Acuvue coloured contacts, though, and he really likes them. They look pretty natural!

Naama, it rains a lot here (Seattle) too - I have lived in Seattle and London and I know what you mean. I think tempestbella's advice is good: you might have better luck setting your hair when it's a little dirty. It should hold the curl better. Another, more drastic, solution (and the one I ended up with) is a perm. It doesn't look that nice on its own (sort of like a crazy lion's mane lol ) but it really, really does hold the curl in there like crazy. I actually have to finger-comb my hair in the shower to pull the curls out, because even when they get wet they hold.

Thanks a lot to everyone who made me feel good about my hair. My boyfriend calls it "clown hair." :mad:

Laura Chase

One Too Many
ScotchWhisky, I have to agree with everyone, you look spectacular and your eyes are out of this world! ;) The hat you are wearing, did your friend who sells hats on Etsy also make that one? I like it a lot.

Marzipan

One of the Regulars
Still trying to figure out how to curl. This is me this morning going to pick up my daughter at school. Why does this remind me of Elizabeth Short?

IMG_3928-1.jpg

IMG_3938-1.jpg

Mrs. Merl

Practically Family
ScotchWhiskey - Clown Hair!! That's what we (my husband and I) call my hair when I set it!! I am glad I am not the only one, but seriously - I don't think your hair looks like clown hair whatsoever!! I think it is very lovely!!

Mrs. Merl

Practically Family
Marzipan - I think you look really cute!! I really like your beret. What are you curling your hair with out of curiosity? Nothing really works in my hair except foam rollers. Though I haven't really tried much else in my hair in a very long time to be honest. (In the past even perms would not hold in my hair. They literally fell out, boom straight!)

ScotchWhisky

Familiar Face
Marzipan - very cute with the beret! The bangs are looking great, too. ;)

Laura Chase, the black WAC cap I was wearing in the most recent pictures is by my friend, yes. It's my very favourite hat that she makes, because it looks cute with just about anything and on just about anyone! It's very easy to pull off and I recommend it to people a lot as a "gateway hat." lol

Emer

One of the Regulars
This is my go-to style, especially when it's windy outside since it holds everything together (also my work 'do). It's a bit on the fudgy side here (and please forgive my horrible spotty mirror). My bangs are in the growing out phase and I will either side sweep them or pin them up into a little pomp.

6ze8ja

SuperKawaiiMama

One of the Regulars
Marzipan said:
Still trying to figure out how to curl. This is me this morning going to pick up my daughter at school. Why does this remind me of Elizabeth Short?

[/IMG]

Marzipan, as far as the overall effect of the bangs, while they are very cute, I think that the problem may be that they are a bit too "rockabilly" and less "Lady of the Manor". Here's my solution for you. Try this tutorial on how to curl you bangs in a different manner for a more Betty (Elizabeth) Taylor than Bettie Page.

On the overall curling, I'm working on a video tutorial today and I let you know as soon as I have it up. It should give you a bigger, more defined curl. xx

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot