Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

sweatyspaghetti

Familiar Face
oh my god laura,like awsomeness!

well,i did this with my hair today
ei0803.jpg

i had a bet with my boyfriend 2 days ago,on who makes an apple pie faster(?) and i won by 3 minutes ,so i made my boyfriend dress kinda retro-y because he lost,so all day people in his tattoo shop just gave him the weirdest look as he was wearing a fedora....he hated it,but i let him wear his hair down so he didn't complain so much.and because i felt bad i showed up to the shop wearing retro hair,so he didn't have to look so odd.haha i rocked the look better!

2v9ohua.jpg

please ignore the weird faces im making!

23lobi9.jpg

hahah,well yupp.

Tallulah

New in Town
pigeon toe said:
Okay, I have a hair question that's been plaguing me for awhile now. How can I get volume at my roots in the way the ever-so-lovely Dita von Teese does in this picture?:

ditahair.jpg

I got a lot of hair, that's pretty thick, but it doesn't have much volume to it. I've used volumizing mousses before, but I'm not quite sure how to use them, what effect they'll give and which brands are good. Every time I've used one it didn't really do anything.

Also, any good "patterns" for rollers or tips to get waves like that?

Root Boost and off-base curls. An "on base" curl means the roller is actually sitting on the parting of hair. If you add a little more tension and overdirect the curl so that the roller sits in the middle of the section...it helps. Also, make sure your hair is completely cool before taking it down. (you probably know all these things but my eyes started crossing with reading the posts and i just decided to reply :p ).

Marzipan

One of the Regulars
Laura Chase said:
SuperKawaiiMama, you are drop dead gorgeous!

Alright ladies, recently I had my hair bobbed like this:

And today I wanted to try and have it in a Clara Bow-ish style. I set it with quite large loose pincurls last night, as a first experiment, just lightly sprayed with Lottabody. It was dry when I started, and I had washed it the day before yesterday.

3057692779_e9d86664ec.jpg

I actually think my hair has to be longer to create the really big Clara Bow poof, but it looks nice anyway.

Love it! Very French!

MarieAnne

Practically Family
jitterbugdoll said:

Whenever I set my hair, I am thinking of this picture. I wish my hair could turn out like this. But it doesn't. I am going to get a long middy haircut. All the directions for a regular middy suggest having hair 4" long all over (except in front of the ears.) How much longer should I ask for if I would like to make this hairstyle?

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Housekeeping...

There was evidently a -really- old show us your hair thread....which was brought back to life...so have merged with the show us your hair-do's thread for ease of not having two show us threads on same thing.

as you were...

maggiethespy

A-List Customer
MarieAnne said:
Whenever I set my hair, I am thinking of this picture. I wish my hair could turn out like this. But it doesn't. I am going to get a long middy haircut. All the directions for a regular middy suggest having hair 4" long all over (except in front of the ears.) How much longer should I ask for if I would like to make this hairstyle?

Better yet, what sort of pattern would one use for this style? Because I've got a Remember Pearl Harbor dance to go to, and I need something snazzy!

MarieAnne

Practically Family
sisters.jpg

So what I figure is to do the top in pin curls. Like illustrated here...on the bottom right.
hairpatternfront.jpg

Set the sides in pincurls going back and down, or back and up. And put the back in rollers; I love orange perm rods!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav