Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Mary

Practically Family
Wow!

I also have hot rollers but my hair never turn out this unbelievebly awesome! A tutorial please!! And what cut have you got? Have you posted in the before after-tread?! I'm stunned!

Antje said:
Here's my hair today, just put in some hot rollers

jkhnhk.jpg

10cl1s9.jpg

2hzu7gm.jpg

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
Tatum said:
Novice here too, but I am finding out what works for me and what doesn't, and I went for pageboys for almost a week during finals, as I could be a bit lazier for the set (and have more time to study)!

What I have found works the best for me is medium foam rollers, with the hair rolled over the roller. I have tried pillow rollers, but the back of my hair is the hardest to get a good set out of.

I made you a little diagram of what I usually do in the back; the top of the top roller is usually about even with the top of my ear, or a bit higher. The crown and front get pillowed, pincurled or whatever I feel like that day! The tricky part, I find, is getting the right curl where the pageboy starts curving back towards the face near the ears.

pageboy.png

Here is the best pic I have gotten so far of one using that set, it was before I REALLY brushed it out. Pardon the "deer-in-headlights", and the monkeys!

p9162070.jpg
Tatum, I love this look. How long is your hair in real life? It doesn't look too long, but very doable. I think it's the perfect short hair length. Thanks for the inspiration.

Odalisque

A-List Customer
RebeccaMUA said:
Ok, so I cut my hair the day before Thanksgiving (about 6 1/2 inches!) and I finally got around to downloading the pics from my phone :)

Here is it after I set it and combed it out (forgive my lack of makeup!)
photo-1.jpg

And here is it going on day three (with makeup ;) )
photo2-1.jpg

I love my new cut as it actually holds a curl for more than a few hours lol

Love the lipstick! What kind, please?:)

RebeccaMUA

One of the Regulars
LelaViavonie said:
Rebecca!! I love your HAIR!! Oh my.. you didnt tell me you cut it!! Wooohoo!! You look soo cute! Im lovin it!! This calls for a dinner!! LOL lol lol lol lol

Awww thanks A! Hehe I wanted to surprise you the next time we saw each other, but I guess I ruined it! LOL

dinner sounds good to me ;)

Lareesie Ladavi

One of the Regulars
RebeccaMUA said:
Ok, so I cut my hair the day before Thanksgiving (about 6 1/2 inches!) and I finally got around to downloading the pics from my phone :)

Here is it after I set it and combed it out (forgive my lack of makeup!)
photo-1.jpg

And here is it going on day three (with makeup ;) )
photo2-1.jpg

I love my new cut as it actually holds a curl for more than a few hours lol

Oh my gosh, girl...you're soo pretty! I love the hair! Good deal!

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
e2602_67154_7_l.jpeg

I did my sister's hair for the SnowBall. We were quite overdressed. I have been wanting to do her hair forever and was so exited that she let me.

exquisitebones

A-List Customer
Its been so long since I have posted on here. 2 kids will do that to ya :D

anyway, I tried some "curling iron finger waves" and didnt like them, so I pulled it up like SO:
3106129113_f29a33333a.jpg

3106129123_a3a8d72b4e.jpg

Antje

One Too Many
exquisitebones said:
Its been so long since I have posted on here. 2 kids will do that to ya :D

anyway, I tried some "curling iron finger waves" and didnt like them, so I pulled it up like SO:
3106129113_f29a33333a.jpg

3106129123_a3a8d72b4e.jpg

love this style it's great,

Deadpandiva, you make me blush,
you did a great job on your sister's hair, and ofcourse your own is also so sweet.

thank you girls for all the great comments

Tigerlily

One of the Regulars
deadpandiva said:
e2602_67154_7_l.jpeg

I did my sister's hair for the SnowBall. We were quite overdressed. I have been wanting to do her hair forever and was so exited that she let me.

You both look sooo beautiful! I love both hairstyles! :D Out of curiousity, are you twins?!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo