Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

VintageRed

Familiar Face
Lawman said:
Thanks, Vintage. I was just starting to feel weird, as I posted before realizing that all of the pics are of women!!! I didn't mean to bust up the party!

It really is sad; I have this huge tie collection, and showed up with some really nice ones. And I have that thing pasted all over the Internet!

I hardly think a gentleman's presence will bust up the party. ;)

In regards to your tie being posted all over the internet, I -thought- I saw that pic on one of those "What Not To Wear" sites. ;)

Hehehe, just kidding.

Best,

~Danielle

VintageRed

Familiar Face
My 'do for the evening...

Ok, here you go.

I've been having fun with my new hat, so disregard...it might be hard to see the hair, but it looks pretty good for the most part, I think. :) Those curls were a bit frizzy, but they finally settled down. I've found that I can't brush them. I just need to finger comb them and they go back to soft ringlets.

n1059901857_275870_9535.jpg

Cheers,

~Danielle

Esme

One of the Regulars
Wow, Danielle, your hair looks FANTASTIC!! And your makeup is pretty cool, too. I don't seem to be able to wear those fascinator style hats, but you make it look goooooood!!

VintageRed

Familiar Face
Aww, thank you! That's so nice of you to say. I wear my glasses all the time now; I haven't f/u with my eye doc to get my Contact RX, so when I see this pic, I feel naked. LOL.

I adore that hat/fascinator. It's just too cool for words. I'm such a hat geek.

~Danielle

Eva Morsikova

Familiar Face
Here are mine, I used vintage rollers and I always fear that day when the rubber stoppers dry up.
When I curl my hair, getting a wave is either a hit or miss. When I get a really nice wave, I feel the need to tell the whole town.
fthj012.jpg

fthj005.jpg

And my big ol' slavic nose. ;D

VintageRed

Familiar Face
Eva, I agree. I had my entire right jaw reconstructed, so I'm never satisfied with parts of my face either. But I think your pic and hair is just fine! I absolutely could never pull off that style of hair, so kudos to you. You have lovely green eyes, by the way. :)

I did manage to pull Bettie Page bangs out of the rabbit hat today though!

n1059901857_282658_1754.jpg

Whee! :D

~Red

RebeccaMUA

One of the Regulars
VintageRed said:
Eva, I agree. I had my entire right jaw reconstructed, so I'm never satisfied with parts of my face either. But I think your pic and hair is just fine! I absolutely could never pull off that style of hair, so kudos to you. You have lovely green eyes, by the way. :)

~Red

You know, in all your pictures I never even noticed a difference in either side of your jaw! Don't tell anyone and they won't notice either ;) Love the bangs by the way

VintageRed

Familiar Face
You guys are so good for a girl's ego! :D

The funny thing to me about the bangs is that they really ARE my bangs, but they go down past my nose. Heheheh!

I'm having such fun experimenting with what I styles I can achieve daily and how quickly. I find that setting it is a good thing. Holds for 3 days and the night of the 3rd day, I wash it and reset it and do it all over again. Not washing it every darn day is certainly giving it room to breathe.

~D.

Eva Morsikova

Familiar Face
VintageRed said:

~Red
Your hair looks so pretty, In all honesty, I acutally kind of like my nose (well, more than I did a few years ago) I just now like to poke fun at it so sorry if I came off as someone who was whining about herself. :p
Psst, my eyes are blue, but thankyou though. ;D

Kitty_Sheridan

Practically Family
Eva, tis true. Mucha would have loved your nose! Mines blobby and not even Irish like my fathers!lol

But I love your hair! Is anyone else enjoying re-runs of The House of Elliot on History? (Sunday nights in the UK) I think you'd love it!

K

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
I got the full set of House of Elliott for Christmas and I'm enjoying it greatly! It's rather a guilty pleasure but the clothes are wonderful. Some of the lines are too. I think my favorite is "Is there nothing father wouldn't spend his money on but us?!" "Someone has stolen our designs!" has become my catch-all phrase when something in my life has gone wrong.

Good job on all the weight loss too ladies. I dropped over 100 pounds a couple of years ago; need to get rid of the final 25 one of these days.

Kitty_Sheridan said:
Is anyone else enjoying re-runs of The House of Elliot on History? (Sunday nights in the UK) I think you'd love it!

K

Kitty_Sheridan

Practically Family
lol @ Imoldfashioned! My sister always calls me 'Evie' in that squeaky voice when she sees me in vintage stuff and says things like 'oh is that from Maison 'ubert de leslanges collection de pareeee?' (she thinks she's funny)
I always liked the one where Evie designed a whole range based on nature and it bombed! Poor Evie. Did you know there was a book? 'The House at War' set in ww2? Quite good.

Must dash, I think one of my sewing room girls may be stealing my designs!:eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo