Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

V

Violeta

LisaFreemontSt said:
Gotta love the twirls! This is my first attempt at one of Lauren Rennells 'snoody' do's. :)
Great Job!!! Your hair looks wonderful!!

Annandamide

New in Town
analiebe said:
(sorry for the not perfectly clear image but it was taken as an art shot by an amazingly talented photographer friend - this is a crop but i did post the full shot on the pin-up thread)

Where can I find the 'pin-up' thread please? Have looked in the search thingy but got no results...

PS

A-List Customer
cupcake said:
What I want to know is..How do I get my hair like THIS?!
Picture-1-500x326.png

Looks like you've got the bangs already id just roll the hair and BRUSH TILL YOUR ARMS FALL OFF. I don't mean brush it out for a few minutes but go through all the stages of the brush out from the "oh god what did i do this is bad, to the i think i need to shampoo and start over to the this is closer to what i want stage" those deep silky waves come after about twenty mintues of just brushing. when you think you've brushed too much, go for another ten minutes.

Lillemore, Thank You. I hope you are feeling better.xo Hey go over to the roller thread. I think the Tight Curls setter is what you need!

Christy

One of the Regulars
I'm really jealous of the ladies that can recreate the hairstyles out of the Lauren Rennell's book. I have the first addition and I haven't even attempted anything because 1. I'm terrible at any form of an updo and 2. I use sponge curlers to set my hair and most of hers are done with either irons I don't have or pin curls which I'm intimidated by.

Violeta and Lisa, I love your updos, they look fabulous, and I absolutely love snoods!

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Sisters across the ocean!

Antje said:
I cut my bangs today, and I had a new collor last week,

don't mind my strange face I went to the dentist today, and I had a lot of pain

e9ukk5.jpg

2hs935d.jpg
You look so much like my friend Eva! Shown here between me and Senor 1929:

2579_71746808318_684133318_2370896_19744_n.jpg

pretty faythe

One Too Many
Cherry Candee said:
Don't even think about it!! They are terrible, I bought a set and used them once and never again :mad: hair gets tangled and when you take them off, the curl looses its shape

I use the sponge ones as they are easier to put on, and you can sleep with them :)
I have no prob getting the brush rollers out, but they deff are not comfy for sleeping. My avi was used with brush roller set. I used velcro rollers the other night, I don't have a phot of it, but they are also I much larger roller, so think feathered look. Next time I use both I'll take better pics.

The Shirt

Practically Family
Christy -
I tried quite a few of the hairstyles and I use hot rollers instead of the pincurls and curling iron method from the book. I think if you generally stick the the pattern of the set and how she combs out and such you should be able to get pretty good results. You have gorgeous long hair and definitely could try some of them.

Violetta - you are just cute as a button. Antje- LOVE LOVE the bangs on you. They really suit your face shape.

Christy

One of the Regulars
The Shirt-

Thanks, I'll have to try hot rollers, I still haven't bought any yet, I've been putting it off for some reason. I'm just terrible at putting my hair up, but I love updos.

As for the brush rollers-

I have a friend that just uses the brush rollers on the sections of her hair that she won't be sleeping on and then uses sponge curlers on the sections that she will be laying on.

Maja

New in Town
Christy-

I'm completely opposite, curls intimidate me, but an updo is so quick, victory rolls in the front and they either a bun at the nape of my neck with a hairnet over, or This week I've curled the ends with an iron, put it in a berret with flowers.

My hair is only shoulder lenght so I can't really style it like you do, but it looks so gorgeous!:)

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
PS said:
Looks like you've got the bangs already id just roll the hair and BRUSH TILL YOUR ARMS FALL OFF. I don't mean brush it out for a few minutes but go through all the stages of the brush out from the "oh god what did i do this is bad, to the i think i need to shampoo and start over to the this is closer to what i want stage" those deep silky waves come after about twenty mintues of just brushing. when you think you've brushed too much, go for another ten minutes.

Thanks a lot for this - Usually, when I get to the shampoo and start again stage, I do just that. Now I feel more confident.
I'm going to try this out for when I go to see my fiancé this weekend. Exciting!

cupcake

Familiar Face
C-dot said:
Thanks a lot for this - Usually, when I get to the shampoo and start again stage, I do just that. Now I feel more confident.
I'm going to try this out for when I go to see my fiancé this weekend. Exciting!

Ditto! I'm going to try this with my natural curls today

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Pin Curl set

Here are two pics of the set I had done by the stylist in SF for the ADSC Gatsby Summer Afternoon 13 Sept. 09. I kept it in with lots of spray, scarfing it at various times from Friday aft until Sunday morning! I had big marcel waves on the front and crown, due to wearing a hat for the event.
374295870.jpg

374295868.jpg
A gal that was also volunteering on Sunday morning at the front gate with me worked on my hair, I arrived with the curls unpinned but nothing else done. She did them in a ringlet style in the back. Here are a couple of pics taken at the Gatsby how she did it for me.
374086743.jpg

374086703.jpg

374086760.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
next day hair...

Finger fluffed. I am doing a "glamour pose" here ala' old Hollywood. My husband and I then did a little Photoshop "tweaking", as part of a experiment with changing to blk & wht, and other color changes (like my avatar here), various fixes, etc. Like retouching a photograph in the old days!

I wish I'd had the eyelash extensions on for this pose- oh well. Yes, I tweezed my eyebrows thinner for a more 30s look to go with my Gatsby ensemble. So I penciled them a bit longer as was done back in the day.

374295872.jpg

Bombshell Becca

One of the Regulars
Violeta said:
This was my 'do yesterday, this style is from the book, "Vintage Hairstyling 2nd edition" that I recently purchased, the bangs are a slight variation since my bangs are still too short for the exact style....
3922586600_799a4b83af.jpg
here's a side view
3921806979_c759c720df.jpg

LOVE IT, color and everything!!!
I just ordered that book I just can't wait to get it!:D

LisaFreemontSt

One of the Regulars
Violeta, my bangs were too short for the exact style, as well. It looks fantastic like that, though! :eusa_clap

I like trying to fit my 'bettie' bangs in w/ the styles in her book. hee hee.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran