Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

LisaFreemontSt

One of the Regulars
zendy said:
I just dyed my hair for the first time in about 6 years. It's a red mainic panic over my natural color and I'm really happy how it turned out, even if it is for only a month :)
Photo13.jpg

please excuse my lack of makeup, it was a rush to get to school today.

heh heh. I'm sitting here w/ MP on my hair right now. I only had half a jar but it's a mixture of Pillarbox and Infra red so I'm interested to see how it turns out...my ends were fading badly so I applied it to them first, processed 15 minutes, and then applied to the root area...15 minutes. I've got five minutes left...total processing time 30 minutes. [huh]

LisaFreemontSt

One of the Regulars
Whoah! it's red! LOL I love red hurr. :)

So off topic: About pin curls. I was a bit disillusioned with my own pincurling skills when I read lauren's books because she indeed does pincurls on wet hair! I have always sprayed my hair damp before doing the curls so I tried it on a wet head again and...sigh...I still can't seem to be able to come out w/successful pincurls on wet hair.

Which limits me because some sets involving fingerwaves etc REQUIRE wet hair in order to make them work and if I can't do wet pincurls, those styles are nil for me. Does anybody have tips for me? My hair FRIZZES beyond salvation if I do pincurls on wet hair. I have to start w/ dry hair and then spray it damp w/ setting lotion/water in order to achieve a proper looking pincurl.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
one idea......and I do use it myself...

form the pin curls on damp hair...once they are all pinned down...spray them -wetter-, with whatever mix of water/setting lotion you normally use. It takes a few minutes to saturate...but it does eventually soak in and you have much wetter pin curls then you did before.

LisaFreemontSt

One of the Regulars
Miss Neecerie said:
one idea......and I do use it myself...

form the pin curls on damp hair...once they are all pinned down...spray them -wetter-, with whatever mix of water/setting lotion you normally use. It takes a few minutes to saturate...but it does eventually soak in and you have much wetter pin curls then you did before.

WOW! So simple. I feel like a dunce. :eusa_doh:

Thanks so much Miss Neecerie. I am attempting an authentic pageboy, in which a ribbon is tied around the nape and up to the forehead to acheive that 'ridge' at the nape. Needless to say, w/out wet hair, the ridge won't take but the curls turned out frizzy. W/ your solution, I think I'll be in the clear. Thanks again.

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Here is a horrible photo of me, but a great shot of my hair. I do not know how I got it to look like this... I wish I did so I can do it again! This was one of those, "Hmmm... what should I do with my hair? How about a little of this and a lot of that" moments.

3931681009_cc094db138_o.jpg

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Holy cow, LolitaHaze :eek: Hubba hubba!

If that's a bad picture, I don't think my confidence could stand one of your good ones.

Your hair is beautiful! I seldom see platinum hair that looks so healthy.

V

Violeta

Hello again! Thanks to all you lovely, wonderful gals for the compliments!! They really make my day! I always look forward to seeing all of your beautiful pictures for inspiration! Sorry for all the pics I've been posting I'm just so excited about my finished results! This one is also from the book, its the "Fake 50's bob" do, and I just love it! In fact I loved it so much, I was seriously considering chopping my hair off!! This style is perfect for all the heat we've been having in L.A.....excuse the black top and white bra, D'oh!
3932606650_95dd494e73.jpg

V

Violeta

Bombshell Becca said:
LOVE IT, color and everything!!!
I just ordered that book I just can't wait to get it!:D
Thank you so much! I hope you love this book as much as I do, it's so help ful and easy to understand! I'm looking forward to seeing your pics!!

KateSpenser

New in Town
Pageboy!

LisaFreemontSt said:
WOW! So simple. I feel like a dunce. :eusa_doh:

Thanks so much Miss Neecerie. I am attempting an authentic pageboy, in which a ribbon is tied around the nape and up to the forehead to acheive that 'ridge' at the nape. Needless to say, w/out wet hair, the ridge won't take but the curls turned out frizzy. W/ your solution, I think I'll be in the clear. Thanks again.

And I hope that you will make a tutorial on Youtube for it. I have been waiting for you to do this one. I am excited!!!

zendy

A-List Customer
Lindabelle said:
Your hair colour is beautiful Zendy. Your hair looks so shiny, very pretty.No need to excuse your lack of makeup,you look lovely without it! :)
Oh you are a dear. Thanks so much for making my day :)

analiebe

A-List Customer
hello ladies... my first attempt at a forward front roll using rats (my fringe has finally grown out) ... this is day 3 after the type of set i posted a little while back... please excuse my tired & the slightly disheveled look ... i got caught in a shower at the end of the last working day of a long, long week...

hair01-190909.jpg

hair03-190909.jpg

hair02-190909.jpg

hope everyone is having a smashing weekend!

cecil

A-List Customer
LisaFreemontSt said:
I am attempting an authentic pageboy, in which a ribbon is tied around the nape and up to the forehead to acheive that 'ridge' at the nape. Needless to say, w/out wet hair, the ridge won't take but the curls turned out frizzy. W/ your solution, I think I'll be in the clear. Thanks again.

I've always wanted that hairstyle but I'm pretty sure my hair is simply far too long. Please post results!

Antje

One Too Many
LolitaHaze said:
Here is a horrible photo of me, but a great shot of my hair. I do not know how I got it to look like this... I wish I did so I can do it again! This was one of those, "Hmmm... what should I do with my hair? How about a little of this and a lot of that" moments.

3931681009_cc094db138_o.jpg

Lolita, great again, I love the way your curls fall,
do you brush them out or do you just fingercomb them?

You use flexible permingrods am I right????
I use them myself, but my hair never curls like that.

Antje

One Too Many
Violeta said:
Hello again! Thanks to all you lovely, wonderful gals for the compliments!! They really make my day! I always look forward to seeing all of your beautiful pictures for inspiration! Sorry for all the pics I've been posting I'm just so excited about my finished results! This one is also from the book, its the "Fake 50's bob" do, and I just love it! In fact I loved it so much, I was seriously considering chopping my hair off!! This style is perfect for all the heat we've been having in L.A.....excuse the black top and white bra, D'oh!
3932606650_95dd494e73.jpg

Great job, it is lookin' like you had a haircut :eusa_clap

MissHannah

One Too Many
My first decent set in a long while - I've been wearing it up every day for ages as it's down to my shoulders now and I struggle to get good curls when it's this long. I think I probably should have brushed the back for a little longer as it still looks quite fluffy.

220909B.jpg
220909C.jpg
220909A.jpg

Antje

One Too Many
MissHannah said:
My first decent set in a long while - I've been wearing it up every day for ages as it's down to my shoulders now and I struggle to get good curls when it's this long. I think I probably should have brushed the back for a little longer as it still looks quite fluffy.

220909B.jpg
220909C.jpg
220909A.jpg

You look great Hannah, the front is better than the back but I know it is hard somethimes to brush the frizzy's away

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
C-Dot... Oh goodness no! We have all seen your barbie face. :-D I can only hope for Barbie beauty! Don't let the photo fool you. My hair is fried and dried beyond return right now. It makes me sad... :(

Kitty Sheridan... Thank you. Rita Hayworth? Really? That is fantastic! I did a Rita tutorial years ago, but it wasn't for a style like this. I heart Rita so the comparison is one I really enjoy!

Antje... Awww thanks! I brush them out. I used a paddle brush for this style. Also, I use the hard plastic perming rods. I have used the flexable ones, but find the results more satifying with the hard plastic ones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran