Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
13938_165796939163_624014163_2797122_8293206_n.jpg

My pincurl set. No rhyme or reason -- just wherever they fit. It never comes out looking like the books anyway. It looks like this:

13938_165796914163_624014163_2797120_6813042_n.jpg

No matter what, I can't get my center part straight to save the life of me. It ALWAYS goes off to my right. :(

And if I make the pincurls a bit bigger and lower down on my head it looks like this:

13938_165796919163_624014163_2797121_1752336_n.jpg

I'm still a novice. I've never done anything with my hair until the last few months. Really.

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Your look is smashing, Amy Jeanne! I think you can graduate from novice, 'cause pincurls are difficult to master. The whole look is so 30's :)

Christy

One of the Regulars
Amy Jeanne- I agree with C-dot, I think you can graduate from novice! I'm scared of pin curl sets! They look like so much work. Looking at yours I think I would have given up after the first one. lol Your hair turned out great!

C-dot, I love your look you did from the Vintage Hairstyling book, very nice!

cherry lips said:
:eek:fftopic: Oh my goodness Christy, you look like Liz Taylor! :eek: (in other words the most beautiful woman ever in my book)

Oh my goodness, thank you so much! That is a very nice compliment! I love Liz, she is so stunning. My mom said I looked like her with my hair this darker shade, but moms are supposed to say things like that! Anyway, you made my night, thank you!

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Not the best pic for this, but its what I've got! I had my hair vintage roller set Thursday for Halloween weekend as I wanted to be Marlene Dietrich in White Tie and Tails...

I wish I had taken a pic after I fluffed it some on Friday morning. I had this gorgeous big wave in the front section, but its hidden by my hat! Here is a pic taken Friday evening at a party, the curls had got fuzzier by last night-
377047416.jpg

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Thanks Christy & Blondie!

cherry lips said:
Oh my goodness Christy, you look like Liz Taylor! :eek: (in other words the most beautiful woman ever in my book)

I agree! I'd say you looked like a mix between Veronica Lake and Liz ;)

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
Thanks girls. You always look smashing, too. C-dot = the human old-school Barbie and Christy = the 1940s film noir look-alike.

Carey = always looking like she's having a good time! :D

sian kisses

One of the Regulars
CherryRed said:
Using Fleur's video and inspired by Inky I got myself a rat today to do the faux bangs. This is my first attempt and not perfectly smooth but I like it! I'm sure I'll do better next time.
fauxbangs1.jpg

4059397706_8715698877.jpg

You are just Beautiful. good hair.

Jirina

New in Town
Lovely hair do's ladies!

I am quite lazy doing my hair and i'm planning to have a permanent wave.
Does anyone have experiences of perm?

Here's one of my hair do's! I'm quite satisfied with the results.

0faae89663d69803f3ef2aaa8c08cc4e74cf84b1.jpg

I'm also happy with this 40's style hair do.

max_4aafde11e281a.jpg

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Holy cow Jirina, what a femme fatale! :eek:
I wish my hair was long enough to do that 40's 'do, and your fake bob is lovely!

DON'T GET A PERM! I was 14 when I got mine, because I wanted to put my pin-straight hair into large curls like yours. BAD IDEA. I looked like a French poodle - Not the effect I wanted, at all.

A perm, even if its loose, will take more effort because you'll still have to roll it. The only difference is the curls will stay in longer, but mousse or setting lotion achieves the same effect, and no damage.

Jirina

New in Town
Oh, i'm getting blushed! :eek:
Thanks c-dot!

Haha, maybe it's better to keep frizzing my hair even i'm lazy. Have to be accustoming it!

zombi

A-List Customer
Jirina, my jaw DROPPED when I saw your photos! Holy cow! You are a stunning, stunning woman!

Those are beautiful hairdos, also. :eusa_clap thanks for sharing!!

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
I'm anti-perm, too! Don't do it! All the perms I've ever had have been "poodle"-y, like C-dot said! Nothing makes better curls than pincurls, I've come to find out!

analiebe

A-List Customer
jirina... simply stunning! so good to have you join us... i've seen the "wearing" posts your most stylish man has been posting in the lounge over the last few weeks as well... what a remarkable & striking couple you must make strolling down the street... BRAVA! to you both! :)

Jirina said:
Lovely hair do's ladies!

I am quite lazy doing my hair and i'm planning to have a permanent wave.
Does anyone have experiences of perm?

Here's one of my hair do's! I'm quite satisfied with the results.

0faae89663d69803f3ef2aaa8c08cc4e74cf84b1.jpg

I'm also happy with this 40's style hair do.

max_4aafde11e281a.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner