Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
~Psycho Sue~ said:
WOW I love what everyone has been doing! I am envious of long hair...sigh.

I decided to go 1930s last weekend. I think it was a pretty good attempt.

19440_1236793773195_1629776159_6-1.jpg

the pin curls got a bit frizzy, but from what I can tell from movies, frizz is part of being authentic, hehe

19440_1236792933174_1629776159_6-1.jpg

19440_1236792813171_1629776159_6-2.jpg

I set the large side in deep waves ending in pin curls going away from the face.

And it is SWELL on you! Love you in 30s!

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
Darn it. I wanted to share my first feeble attempt at finger waves, but photobucket isn't working like flickr. Can one of you wise ladies tell me why putting 'properties' in the image box only puts a link in my message rather than the photo itself?

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
To post photos you have to surround the "properties" link with:

*insert link* [ /IMG]

but with absolutely no spaces...all one big long link. Or click on the little mountain and a box will pop up. Paste the properties link in there and it will do the IMG tags for you.

Ifthat's what you're doing and it still doesn't work -- I have no idea!!

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
Using the 'little mountain box' always works with my flickr photos, but I don't want to fill flickr with pics of myself to be sharing here, so I've just started a photobucket to use.
It doesn't seem to be working the same way, but I'll keep experimenting....

I'll try the

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
I figured it! (Though I didn't expect the pictures to be so big.)
My summer pixie cut has finally grown out enough to play with, and the layers have evened up somewhat, so I tried a 20s finger wave using duckbill clips. At bedtime, I put in a few bobby pins in hopes of saving the shape, as I'm a restless sleeper. These pictures are from day two. A bit untidy, but I hope as I practice I can learn to wrangle the waves better.
fingerwavesfirsttryJan2010004.jpg
[/IMG]

fingerwavesfirsttryJan2010005.jpg
[/IMG]

SayCici

Practically Family
What a great hairstyle on you, TheFlishThings! You can re-size your photos on Photobucket and when you're viewing a single picture on there, there's a code for your image that already has the

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Here's my first attempt at finger waves with my new wave clips. I think the clips make the ridge too sharp, but that could be my technique. The right side looks ok, but the left side looks awful!
4276589404_5f3d7efb3f_m.jpg

4276589290_7da296b66e_m.jpg

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
Thanks ladies, I appreciate the encouragement. :) I tried again and got wider, deeper waves, though not quite as head-inclusive as kamikat's. Naturally our cold dry weather chose yesterday to give way to fog, mist, and drizzle, so that set was short-lived.
I wonder if you can get a marcel perm these days; wouldn't it be great for humid weather to enhance a curl rather than kill it?

Grant Fan

Practically Family
ok ladies well I am sorry I have been MIA for so long. I went to my parent's for Christmas, and then spent two weeks in Atlanta with Paul (he was home on leave from Japan) But I thought it was time I share my hair from Christmas Eve hair one clip in it is actually a 1940's lady's money clip but i thought it would work well in my hair. Also I am not sure why in the shot of the back of my head the bottom of my hair looks so red it isn't in person, I had to lighten the other photos so you could see the details in my hair. Hope you like it.
christmas001.jpg

christmas002.jpg

christmas003.jpg

christmas004.jpg

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
A money clip? I don't think so, I think it's actually a dress clip, to be worn on a neckline. But it looks cute in the hair too! I wear my dress clips in my hair a lot.

Grant Fan

Practically Family
Miss 1929 said:
A money clip? I don't think so, I think it's actually a dress clip, to be worn on a neckline. But it looks cute in the hair too! I wear my dress clips in my hair a lot.

Oh good to know I thought it was to pretty for money, but I was going by what the store I bought it from said. Thanks for the info

Lillemor

One Too Many
I don't know whether to compliment your ladies on your hairstyles, hair colors or the clothes/accessories I can see in your photos.:) I can't set my hair in anything but a sad attempt at a bouffant with flip or other smooth style because I realized too late that the hairdreser must've used the scissor in a razor-like movement on some of the under layers that aid volume in daily wear.:(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran