Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Lenore

Practically Family
Ignore the crappy photo booth pictures. This is at the end of the day.

Photoon2010-10-07at2046.jpg

Photoon2010-10-07at20442.jpg

SheBear74

Practically Family
Lenore, love the hair and the sleeping kitty is to cute lol

My grown out pixie is more like a bob with short bangs now, but I curled it all up this morning and came up with this :) Please excuse my pj's lol

utf-8BSU1HMDA4MjQtMjAxMDEwMDgtMDgwNi5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDA4MzAtMjAxMDEwMDgtMDgwOC5qcGc.jpg

annet

One of the Regulars
Fotoop08-10-2010om17302.jpg

so, basically this is what my hair looks like when i let it air-dry and then gently comb it. i'm happy with my natural curls but you girls inspire me to try different things too! now i only have to find out how :D

annet

One of the Regulars
looking at this thread got me inspired to mess around with bobby pins and hairspray, and this is what i came up with:

Fotoop08-10-2010om2058.jpg

quite a relief to have that carpet out of my neck and face for a while :D i don't like everything about it but i'm going to an outside party with little light, so no one will notice my mistakes.

Jasmine Jolene

One of the Regulars
i love everyone's hair.

i am just going to sound off for a minute, apologies for being off topic.

i am so upset with my hair right now. it is naturally curly, and is therefore very very dry. i could probably go long than a week between washes. i conditioner only wash and have recently had my hair cut.

i guess the reason i'm so upset right now is that it doesn't seem to matter what i do, pin curls, natural curls, blow dried, tongs - my hair still looks bone dry and fried! frizzy and horrible!

i just don't know what to do anymore :( i am wearing my hair natural for now to try and get the condition of my hair back to a workable state.

can you hear the smallest violin playing the saddest song?!?! lol

Inky

One Too Many
Jasmine Jolene, i too was going to suggest oiling your hair. Mine is coarse, curly, over-processed and frizzy.

I oil it a bit at night, not too much, and only wash 1x a week if necessary. I use Monoi oil because i like the scent but even olive oil will do. i just use a teeny bit and rub it on my hands and through my ends/driest parts. the night before i wash I oil heavier and put my hair up then give it a good wash the next day.

annet

One of the Regulars
Jasmine Jolene said:
i love everyone's hair.

i am so upset with my hair right now. it is naturally curly, and is therefore very very dry. i could probably go long than a week between washes. i conditioner only wash and have recently had my hair cut.

i guess the reason i'm so upset right now is that it doesn't seem to matter what i do, pin curls, natural curls, blow dried, tongs - my hair still looks bone dry and fried! frizzy and horrible!

i just don't know what to do anymore :( i am wearing my hair natural for now to try and get the condition of my hair back to a workable state.

i feel your pain! i had the same thing going on and just went for an intervention... now i use a hair mask at least once a week (retread by lush, it works really well for mine) with a lot of oils in it, and i always let it air dry. it starts to look a lot better now!

Roxy

Familiar Face
I agree with the others. I put coconut oil on my hair about once a week braid it then leave it till morning when I wash it. It was an absolute must when my hair was long.

dmoran227

Familiar Face
Message for Jasmine J

Hello,
I read your plight and I can relate. I have dry hair myself and biracial children. Believe me when I tell you that I've tried everything for dry, curly hair. I resorted to making a "creme" I use it as a cold cream, moisturizing creme, and most relevant to you a hair cream. I make it for friends and family now and even a few clients. If you're interested I could send you a sample. Just email me, I'll send you MY address so that you can mail me a self addressed envelope, so you know I am not a crazy lady. I also have two suggestions for you that of course are just that. One stop doing cowashing. Use a very mild moisturizing shampoo. Conditioners are made to not full rinse out, so a residue is left. This makes it hard for any moisturizing product you use to penetrate. Wash maybe once a week with a very gentle moisturizing shampoo,not sure what's available in your country but try one made for color treated hair or ethnic hair. I've also found for conditioning water leave in types are best followed by a humectant moisturizer(the stuff I am sending you). A great easy to find affordable option is Infusium 23 leave-in original. Again don't know if it's available where you are, maybe something similar. Don't forget the old standbys, sleep on a satin pillowcase, drink plenty of water, sleep well. They really do affect your hair.

Land-O-LakesGal

Practically Family
Jasmine Jolene said:
i love everyone's hair.

We had well water in our house when we first bought it. It was so hard on my hair that one day I realized that my shoulder length hair has turned into collar length hair because it was getting so damaged by the minderals in our well water combined with the bleaching to be blonde. I was so frustrated I had to get a filter for the shower and special well water shampoos and I had to go darker with my color. It helped a bit but my scalp was so irritated too it just hurt. We finally switched to the city water when out second son was born because the grandparents both sides decided to help us out with the financials so our kids would have safer water. My head is much better now but for two years I was very very frustrated with the limits of my hair.

annet

One of the Regulars
hailey greenhat said:
*SO* *JEALOUS* :eek:

aaaw don't be! my hair was in a pathetic state a few months ago. i'm so glad it's finally getting better! curly hair definitely needs special treatment... and as soon as it's humid outside, i turn into a giant ball of fluff, no matter what!

here's today:

Fotoop09-10-2010om1136.jpg

i did have to give the lower locks some extra curl with an iron, since i haven't washed my hair today and i put it up yesterday (which makes the curls disappear) so it was just hanging flat a bit.

Tatum

Practically Family
annet, you are adorable! Great curls.

dmoran, any advice for us greaseballs? I have to wash my hair more often than I'd like, it just gets so greasy in spite of setting lotion, covering it at night, etc. Any product recommendations?

*Sorry for the hijack :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran