Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Tatum... Believe me, you are better off listening to your hubby! There is far too much up keep. I did a touch up not even two weeks ago and I am already sprouting a far too obvious black line. :-/

Here is my hair today... IGNORE the goofy face. As it is, this was the least ugly of the bunch. I tried to play with coloring too as the lighting in the bathroom was yellow vomit.
DSCN2355c.jpg

Last edited:

Smuterella

One Too Many
I like the artificial look of blonde hair and dark roots, I like it to be obvious that my hair is dyed. Subtlety isn't my strong point though, it must be said.

Lenore

Practically Family
I've been itching to color my hair for months now. What stops me is the indecision about what color to make it, and the fact that I'm a mum that doesn't have enough time on her hands to ensure proper touch ups. lol

Tatum

Practically Family
Tatum... Believe me, you are better off listening to your hubby! There is far too much up keep. I did a touch up not even two weeks ago and I am already sprouting a far too obvious black line. :-/

Here is my hair today... IGNORE the goofy face. As it is, this was the least ugly of the bunch. I tried to play with coloring too as the lighting in the bathroom was yellow vomit.

LOL! Well, the hair is still perfect as always :)

I *do* have people ask me all the time if my color is natural, and they seem amazed when I say yes...so maybe I am doing something right...

pretty faythe

One Too Many
Thats why I go darker colors lately. So that when my hair needs touch ups and I am too lazy to do the roots or just dont have the money for it, the natural coloring looks like highlights :)
I've been itching to color my hair for months now. What stops me is the indecision about what color to make it, and the fact that I'm a mum that doesn't have enough time on her hands to ensure proper touch ups. lol

Incorporeal13

Familiar Face
I haven't posted in awhile, but this weekend I finally got the chance to do a wet set and a full blown good hair styling, which I haven't done in awhile. I figured I'd share it with you ladies. :eek:

100_0729yy.jpg

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Is your hair natural now? If so, go with a semi-permanent color. It won't be as noticeable when you need a touchable. The only drawback is that you can't go lighter with semi-perm.

dmoran227

Familiar Face
Butting in....

LOL! Well, the hair is still perfect as always :)

I *do* have people ask me all the time if my color is natural, and they seem amazed when I say yes...so maybe I am doing something right...

You are Tatum, and I must say, I suspected you were natural. It all fits together quite well, naturally. (you skin, brows, etc)

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Smuts... Sometimes I like the "bad girl" roots, but for the most part I just hate the regrowth that is horribly visible after only a week. My hair can't take a weekly bleach job. :(

50'sHWWB... Thank you, Dear! Next to all the great styles in this thread I feel like I fall short!

Tatum... Thank you. Yes, if your hair is already blonde, stick with it. You ARE doing something right. :)

Incorporeal13... Lovely job! Great look!

This is my hair yesterday and today. No setting pattern, just perm rods. You can read more at my blog Vintage Starlet.
b.a001.jpg

Tatum

Practically Family
You are Tatum, and I must say, I suspected you were natural. It all fits together quite well, naturally. (you skin, brows, etc)

Thanks, dmoran, but the skin is good makeup and the brows are totally drawn in. They are so light as to be almost invisible. I appreciate it though, makes me happy to hear you say that!

Lolita, GREAT curls! I can never seem to get mine like that. And thank you, although every now and then do something totally silly and say, "Well, I gotta live up to my haircolor once in a while." Hehe!

I liked the way my standing pincurls looked today and I went to work with them. Everyone thought it was sooo cute and I laughed and told a good friend the truth! I also had a darling little old man say to me, "I don't know if it's intentional, but with your hair and, well, the way you dress, you look so 1940's. I hope you don't mind my saying so." I about kissed him!

IMG_1453-768x1024.jpg

IMG_1454-768x1024.jpg

IMG_14591-1024x768.jpg

And, when getting these off my camera, I saw these shots from a wedding I went to last Sunday... Pardon the Suzi Homemaker pics, but my downstairs powder/laundry really has the BEST light. I forgot about that too!

IMG_1439-768x1024.jpg

IMG_1440-768x1024.jpg

dmoran227

Familiar Face
Thanks, dmoran, but the skin is good makeup and the brows are totally drawn in. They are so light as to be almost invisible. I appreciate it though, makes me happy to hear you say that!

Lolita, GREAT curls! I can never seem to get mine like that. And thank you, although every now and then do something totally silly and say, "Well, I gotta live up to my haircolor once in a while." Hehe!

I liked the way my standing pincurls looked today and I went to work with them. Everyone thought it was sooo cute and I laughed and told a good friend the truth! I also had a darling little old man say to me, "I don't know if it's intentional, but with your hair and, well, the way you dress, you look so 1940's. I hope you don't mind my saying so." I about kissed him!

IMG_1453-768x1024.jpg

IMG_1454-768x1024.jpg

IMG_14591-1024x768.jpg

And, when getting these off my camera, I saw these shots from a wedding I went to last Sunday... Pardon the Suzi Homemaker pics, but my downstairs powder/laundry really has the BEST light. I forgot about that too!

IMG_1439-768x1024.jpg

IMG_1440-768x1024.jpg

Absolutely gorgeous!!!!!! :eusa_clapon your set

SwedeLady

New in Town
I am a serious n00b compared to you lovely ladies! I love everything vintage and I am trying to learn some new hairstyles now that my hair is longer =)

2581_626075158418_21725902_39708997_6166335_n.jpg
I'm on the far right and yes, that is a green beer. It was St. Patrick's Day and I live in a college town so it was everywhere!

n199600275_30436868_5836.jpg

This is my avatar picture and apparently my great grandfather says I look exactly like my great grandmother Alice. Her hair was naturally black/brown (like mine is...but I had been dying it red for years and recently I went back to a brunette) and it turned grey and white by the time she was 30. Now I'm 25 and I find white hairs everywhere. Eventually I'll stop dying it and let the white take over!

I am looking on youtube for some new hair and makeup tutorials!

Have a good night, ladies!

Tatum

Practically Family
I am a serious n00b compared to you lovely ladies! I love everything vintage and I am trying to learn some new hairstyles now that my hair is longer =)

This is my avatar picture and apparently my great grandfather says I look exactly like my great grandmother Alice. Her hair was naturally black/brown (like mine is...but I had been dying it red for years and recently I went back to a brunette) and it turned grey and white by the time she was 30. Now I'm 25 and I find white hairs everywhere. Eventually I'll stop dying it and let the white take over!

I am looking on youtube for some new hair and makeup tutorials!

Have a good night, ladies!

Very cute! It looks like you are well on your way. In your YouTube travels, check out LisaFreemontStreet. She is a member here and has some excellent tutorials.

Kitty_Sheridan

Practically Family
This was a quick put up that I did recently. Needed to be off my collar (which I don't like) as I was serving tea etc at a Living history event.

But my normally very curly hair had been tamed the day before with straighteners.

DSCF0525-2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy