Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
BtB... Thank you!! Hahaha I know what you mean. I have had people come up to me and say they have a bet with someone on whether or not my hair is real. lol I made a shampoo and conditioner rec here. Try it out... it is good stuff!!

GoldwynGirl... Hehehehe... thank you. :) Ok, I am going to sound like an *ss for asking this, but... did we meet in Vegas? I didn't realize you were at the MLAF. I don't drink... so I can't use the excuse of being so drunk I don't remember the weekend. :eusa_doh: I really feel dumb for not remembering...

I did a minishoot in my apt tonight. This is a self portrait so it isn't the best I have done, but it shows my hair a bit. It's 40's pinup hair. Varga Style! ;) Please note that this is the cropped version of the photo... I cropped it because it does show side butt. Can't see crack, only the curve of a big booty. lol
P1040903c.jpg

Polka Dot

A-List Customer
Lolita, you look lovely with both the 60s sex kitten hair and the 40s pinup hair. I can only dream of having so much hair to play with!

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
Lolita, we hav'nt met, I ashamed to say I am rather shy and did'nt want to look like some loony by coming up to you. So please don't feel dumb, it's all my fault. Are you coming for Exotic World ? I promise to introduce my self. Now back on topic :) Your forties pic is divoon !!!!

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Polka Dot... Thank you very much! It becomes a pain sometimes... let me tell you! Like anytime there is a HINT of humidity. :( POOF! lol

GoldwynGirl... Awww Come up and say hi next time!! It doesn't bother me when it is internet friends. :) The only time it ever makes me raise an eyebrow is when someone comes up and starts talking to you like they have known you for years... and then you say, I am sorry, have we met? And they are like oh no. :eusa_doh: Hahaha I always want to say, at least start out with Hi, I have seen you perform... or I have seen you online before... Something! Hahaha I am sure you get that too performing. :) Yes, I will be at EW this year. I didn't apply this year, but I am still going to support my gals!! Oh and thanks for the photo comment. :)

JBD... Your hair always looks so good like that! :)

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
Thank you, Lolita! It is one of my favorite styles.

And GoldLeaf, you are too cute. :)

Thanks to Ohairas, I recently tried a color enhancing shampoo, and my hair is now more of a reddish golden blonde instead of my usual silvery blonde. It's a nice change!

GoldLeaf

A-List Customer
::whew::

After Daisy's shocked faces I was afraid I came across as strange, and I certainly didn't mean anything untoward. Well, I am strange, but, you know :p lol

pretty faythe

One Too Many
Ok, here is my latest attempt with my shortened hair. Figured it was close to something now to put in here.
Photo0066.jpg

and this one is ...I'm sorry officer, was I speeding??
Photo0057.jpg
lol

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
GoldLeaf said:
::whew::

After Daisy's shocked faces I was afraid I came across as strange, and I certainly didn't mean anything untoward. Well, I am strange, but, you know :p lol

No worries, I was just being silly right along with you. Guess I should have put a few of these up there too lol lol lol :D

Faythe, you would never speed and then try to get out of a ticket by giving "I'm little miss demure" face to him!!lol Oh how I love a man in uniform. No wonder why half my exes are in law enforcement! Your hair looks great, I like the short look:)

RedHotRidinHood

Practically Family
You all probably saw the picture of myself I posted in the Ladies of the Lounge thread..well, here is the back of my hair, and the top:

GoodHair3.JPG

GoodHair5.JPG

I still am in shock that my hair did this, without me freaking out first and jamming 90 million bobby pins into my head. You have to understand that my hair is stick straight, doesn't like to do anything at all, and if I spend half the day doing something to it, it falls out within minutes. Dancing and curly hair do NOT co-exist in my world! The French twist/roll thing that happened yesterday was going to be a bun, and it stayed ALL DAY. I know that for alot of you, this is probably really simple, but for me, it was nothing less than astounding. I can do a big roll on either side of my head with rats, but it takes a long time to get it up there. The little rolls like what JBD wears I am still struggling with! And getting the darn curl to stay in my hair...well, I am still young and strong. Kind of.

So, I had to share this. By my rough calculations, this will not happen again in my lifetime. But, the silly foolish girl that I am, I am still hoping that it will. :)

pretty faythe

One Too Many
Daisy Buchanan said:
No worries, I was just being silly right along with you. Guess I should have put a few of these up there too lol lol lol :D

Faythe, you would never speed and then try to get out of a ticket by giving "I'm little miss demure" face to him!!lol Oh how I love a man in uniform. No wonder why half my exes are in law enforcement! Your hair looks great, I like the short look:)

Oh no, never, [angel] uhh huh...no not me :whistling last time I was stopped he was to busy actually trying to convince himself that I was indeed 32 and not 22 lol
Thanks you guys, I have finially convinced myself that I like it and the color also, and that it will not take as long as it did last time to grow back.

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
RedHotRidinHood said:
You all probably saw the picture of myself I posted in the Ladies of the Lounge thread..well, here is the back of my hair, and the top:

GoodHair3.JPG

GoodHair5.JPG

I still am in shock that my hair did this, without me freaking out first and jamming 90 million bobby pins into my head. You have to understand that my hair is stick straight, doesn't like to do anything at all, and if I spend half the day doing something to it, it falls out within minutes. Dancing and curly hair do NOT co-exist in my world! The French twist/roll thing that happened yesterday was going to be a bun, and it stayed ALL DAY. I know that for alot of you, this is probably really simple, but for me, it was nothing less than astounding. I can do a big roll on either side of my head with rats, but it takes a long time to get it up there. The little rolls like what JBD wears I am still struggling with! And getting the darn curl to stay in my hair...well, I am still young and strong. Kind of.

So, I had to share this. By my rough calculations, this will not happen again in my lifetime. But, the silly foolish girl that I am, I am still hoping that it will. :)

Beautiful! :eusa_clap

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Oh Wow RedHot, your hair came out beautifully:eusa_clap and the flowers are gorgeous too. Did you use real ones, or is that a clip? They certainly look like the real thing. If not, I'm totally impressed. you must let us know where you got the clip, that is if the flowers aren't real. Fresh Gardenia's are lovely, definitely on the favorite flower list.

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Redhot your hair looks terrific! And I know just what you mean about it probablly won't happen again, lol.. good thing we can take pics!! Cute outfit and necklace too btw! Gaaargeous color!!

Lolita, love your 60's hair and GREAT pinup pics! You look stunning, they turned out wonderful! I love your lip color too.

JBD, always perfect rolls! I'm glad the color worked out for you!

Faythe I like your hair, you're getting the hang of it! Have you tried your rolls since it's been cut? Cute ruffly shirt too!

We had the hair show in St. Louis this past weekend. Sunday I didn't have time for a vintage look... or any look for that matter. And I was tired. I just went in modern "hairdresser" clothes and my hair down. Monday I took the time to do some rolls and left the back down and curled a bit. I wore my avatar outfit. OMG... you all would not beleive how many people stopped me! Two people had to take pictures! The platform artist from NY who does stars hair told me my hair looked great, woohoo! And this was a bad hair day and I could not get the rolls like I like them!!
Here I was in a sea of hairdressers and yet the 40's do stood out. I think that's rather sad. I mean come on... let's get back to the basics, lol! And let me tell ya, they went NUTS for the cherries! I'm like, go get ya some! I also told many of them about the lounge so hopefully they'll trickle in.
Anyhoo, here's a creepy pic of me with the do, except I bought a fake hairpeice and pinned the back up that night. My sinus' are acting up so my eyes just look puffy and weird.
hairshow074.jpg

Here's a pic from last week. I used a fake pony tale and rolled my hair around my head. I didn't get it perfect, litterally took me 3 min. and I had to leave for work.
Copyofhairshow038.jpg

Here's one of the guys from the show, along with his team mates in the videos. It was fun, they were showboating that's for sure! Keep in mind they work for Big Sexy Hair.
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=99937386

Nikki

RedHotRidinHood

Practically Family
Daisy Buchanan said:
Oh Wow RedHot, your hair came out beautifully:eusa_clap and the flowers are gorgeous too. Did you use real ones, or is that a clip? They certainly look like the real thing. If not, I'm totally impressed. you must let us know where you got the clip, that is if the flowers aren't real. Fresh Gardenia's are lovely, definitely on the favorite flower list.

Ok, I am going to blow my mystique here...heeheehee...the faux flowers are sprigs off a large spray that I got at the dollar store! I took the little sprigs off, and I cut a tiny hole at the top of the tube-like part that slid onto the stem. Then I took a basic hairpin (not a bobby pin) and slid it into the tube, thereby making a hairpin with a flower sprig at the end of it! There are actually four in my hair; I like the flowers to be full-looking. Clips are really hard to get to stay in my hair, and this little idea I came up with looks nice when I put the flowers around a bun. That is what I was going for yesterday! So the flowers cost me about $1.25. I am very cheap! lol

If you didn't understand how I explained that, I can post a picture of the flowers. They are SO easy to make!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart