Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
Pshhht, whateva, YOU'RE the fabulous redhead!

Ha! But I don't look that smokin' hot in a pair of orange panties, hehe! Err.. I assume that's you? lol!
Nikki

Jovan

Suspended
thebadmamajama said:
This was my general everyday look (mind you i'm in college and hair cannot take a lot of effort :)) before I chopped, pics of "the chop" to come! :D
[Big ol' image goes here.]
haha, and, um, ignore the glasses...I wear them when I study as a joke. :)
Perhaps this comment will be deleted, but I actually think they look pretty sexy on you.

woodyinnyc

One of the Regulars
thebadmamajama said:
This was my general everyday look (mind you i'm in college and hair cannot take a lot of effort :))

how sad that your school has a ruling that you can not spend time to do your hair. What's this world coming to?

Sweet Polly Purebred

A-List Customer
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
You girls were asking about if my new short do worked with vintage, so here are some examples...I just pin-curled it. More pics then necessary, probably! lol
Up
DSCN1432.jpg

DSCN1435.jpg

Down
DSCN1441.jpg

DSCN1442.jpg

Bella, your hair is so cute! As of yesterday, my hair is just about the same length. Which direction to your roll your bangs? Under at a side angle?

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thora Zine said:
Bella, your hair is so cute! As of yesterday, my hair is just about the same length. Which direction to your roll your bangs? Under at a side angle?

Yep, I sort of pouf the front up a little to get the desired wave at the forehead, then under. I don't lay it flat though, I roll it up to give a little volume.

Sweet Polly Purebred

A-List Customer
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
Yep, I sort of pouf the front up a little to get the desired wave at the forehead, then under. I don't lay it flat though, I roll it up to give a little volume.

Thanks Bella! I don't want to pester you about this, but one last question: what size roller do you use in front or is it all pin curled?

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thora Zine said:
Thanks Bella! I don't want to pester you about this, but one last question: what size roller do you use in front or is it all pin curled?

You're not pestering! It's all pin curled. But, were I to use a roller, I tend to use the 1/2-inch sponge rollers.

Miztorif

New in Town
My first rolls

My avatar pic is the only one I have available at the moment (at work again)
That was taken a couple weeks ago. I made them too big. I will post more pics later

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Welcome to the lounge Miztorif!
Looks like you got your rolls good and tight, which I have trouble with! Good job!
Nikki

Kimberly

Practically Family
I lucked out at a yard sale today and bought a set of new in box soft rollers that heat up. I also got a set of 12 of those bendable padded rollers you wear over night. I was planning on buying these retail and spending approx $40.00 so I am so happy I decided to stop at this yard sale despite the rain.

I am hoping this will stop some of the frizzing problem I have encountered with the sponge rollers since I started growing my hair out. [huh]

Kimberly

Practically Family
Okay, I did a test run with the soft rollers that snap together and I absolutely love the curl much better than I did with the sponge rollers. The only thing that I don't like is the frizz at the ends. It looks as if I am going to have to buy those papers for the ends. Are those hard to use??

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Kimberly, you take and end paper and fold it in half, then slip it over the ends of your hair.
Typically this is only for wet hair. I've not tried it on dry hair so it may be a bit harder, but worth a shot.
You can also lay one end paper on the bottom of your hair section, and another paper on top.

Another way to smoothly roll your hair is to start to wind the hair but take the end of a rat tail comb and slide it along the hair, tucking any pieces in. Hope that makes sense!

Nikki

Emblaze

Familiar Face
thebadmamajama said:
This was my general everyday look (mind you i'm in college and hair cannot take a lot of effort :)) before I chopped, pics of "the chop" to come! :D
012_12.jpg

haha, and, um, ignore the glasses...I wear them when I study as a joke. :)

Ooh, I have sunglasses just like those! I haven't worked up the nerve to wear them out just yet, but then it hasn't been sunny recently so I haven't had the opportunity.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Kimberly said:
Okay, I did a test run with the soft rollers that snap together and I absolutely love the curl much better than I did with the sponge rollers. The only thing that I don't like is the frizz at the ends. It looks as if I am going to have to buy those papers for the ends. Are those hard to use??

I buy the mesh ones from Sally's and find them very easy to use. I have layered hair, so fold them in half lengthwise around the strand of hair, then slide it down so that the edge of the paper is a little past the end of the strand of hair. I find this keeps all the ends tucked in nicely and makes it much easier to roll my hair. I think once you start using them, you'll wonder what you ever did without them.

Also for frizz on the ends, try adding a little pomade. I tried this following Jitterbugdoll's recommendation and have found it to work wonders!

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Hairstyle and photo courtesy of LolitaHaze:

l_63d8662310851ab46d4295bd8c48c083.jpg

She did these rolls in 1/8 the time it takes me!

Background courtesy of Red's awesome house!

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Pink Dahlia said:
Hairstyle and photo courtesy of LolitaHaze:

l_63d8662310851ab46d4295bd8c48c083.jpg

She did these rolls in 1/8 the time it takes me!

Background courtesy of Red's awesome house!

Hehehe don't forget that not only did I do that in 2 mins, but I did it from behind without once looking at the front or top of your head. :) I completely styled that blindly. Hehehehehe *loves it* :D

RedHotRidinHood

Practically Family
LolitaHaze said:
Hehehe don't forget that not only did I do that in 2 mins, but I did it from behind without once looking at the front or top of your head. :) I completely styled that blindly. Hehehehehe *loves it* :D

That really did turn out nice! Really soft and flattering to your face.

Lo-NOW let's see you try to do MY hair sometime....:eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart