Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Looks terrific Pink! Way to go Lo! Pink I like your avatar too!
Red, I'll tackle that hair, sit right down!
Nikki

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
PinkDahlia your hair looks smashing in those rolls. Lolita--come to Boston and do my hair (or the Queen Mary would do too)!

pretty faythe

One Too Many
While trying to create one style, I wound up channeling Farrah Fawcett 70s hair. So, this is my hair today, still to short for a real roll, so it is just barely tucked under and with lots of spray!!!!! My hair has decided it doesnt like to hold a curl from my curling iron or hot rollers so I am of to look for some new rollers, all of mine have given up the ghost ages ago!

Photo0095.jpg

You can see the lovely flip in the back, it was doing that all the way around, very Farah like, but so not the look I was going for.

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Red... I think it would be fun to do your hair!! :) Start thinking of styles that you really like that would work with your length.

Pretty Faythe... Don't worry... I am sure there will be more get togethers and I can show you how to bouffant your hair. :) Oh and I don't see how your hair is very Farrah... ?

OHairas... Thanks!

ImOldFashioned... If I am able to make it out to the QM this year, I'll definately do your hair. :) Just bring examples of the styles you like. Hehehehe.

Arz Ladies... I think next time we need to have a sleep over so I can set everyone's hair and then in the morning we can go have lunch and then go antiquing!!

RedHotRidinHood

Practically Family
LolitaHaze said:
Red... I think it would be fun to do your hair!! :) Start thinking of styles that you really like that would work with your length.

Pretty Faythe... Don't worry... I am sure there will be more get togethers and I can show you how to bouffant your hair. :) Oh and I don't see how your hair is very Farrah... ?

OHairas... Thanks!

ImOldFashioned... If I am able to make it out to the QM this year, I'll definately do your hair. :) Just bring examples of the styles you like. Hehehehe.

Arz Ladies... I think next time we need to have a sleep over so I can set everyone's hair and then in the morning we can go have lunch and then go antiquing!!

YES! That would be fun!! It's like the Arizona Ladies WEEKENDER!!!

I know what I want-I want to learn to do those rolls like you and Jitterbugdoll have, starting up from the side of your head. But they have to be able to stay up while I dance, and I dance pretty hard. Louis throws me around alot!

pretty faythe

One Too Many
LolitaHaze[B said:
Pretty Faythe[/B]... Don't worry... I am sure there will be more get togethers and I can show you how to bouffant your hair. :) Oh and I don't see how your hair is very Farrah... ?

!
Thats cuz I put a stop to it!!! It was feathered all the way around, being very stubborn today!

sophia la shok

One of the Regulars
hey everyone.

i'm kinda new here. i was wondering if a few of you smouldering beauties could give me some advice...

my hair is naturally pretty curly. it really difficult to do certain things with it. in it's curly state i'm able to tease it up into faux reverse rolls; trying to roll them up properly causes somewhat of a problem, as my hair is also fairly long when i comb it out. about mid back length.

with pin curls and foam curlers and the like, i wonder wether there is any way to tease my exsisting curls or just curl them overnight, which seems like a thankless task when my hair is so curly anyway.

when it's straight i can put awesome faux rolls and styles like daisy has in her avatar. the only issue there is that when my hair is straight nothing but little butterfly clips will hold it in, anything else seems to slide out. obviously, this is not in keeping with a vintage look. any ideas?

my hair naturally
DSC00354.jpg

straight and with faux rolls
DSC00310.jpg

straight with actual rolls
DSC00282.jpg

DSC00278.jpg

MarieAnne

Practically Family
Hello ladies! I'm also new here. I'm so glad I've found this website. I would like to try some rolls, however I'm not sure how much hair to use. I guess it probably depends on the length of your hair. How much hair do you guys take when you make rolls?
Sophia la shok Your rolls look fabulous! I also have naturally curly hair and my hairdresser showed me an easy and simple way to 'tidy them up'. While my hair is still wet, I apply a curl boosting lotion (I still don't have a favourite.) Then I take my hair in little pieces at a time and twirl them around my finger so the strands are loosely twisted. The strands should not be bigger than your pinkie finger. I do this to all my hair and when it dries I get beautiful curls. The hair should not be 'disturbed' while it dries, (eg. don't run your finger through it.) I hope this helps you.
Jitterbug Doll I was on your website and I was wondering how you do your hair in the picture that's in the background. I love the soft yet defined curls that frame your face!

Hammelby

One of the Regulars
Dear ladies and gents

Please help a fella, that soon will turn into a hipppie!
I left europe around three weeks ago, and I am completely new here :(
Please, help. Where do I go if I want my 30´s haircut here in Los Angeles (I live close to Vermont/Santa Monica and dont have a car).

Hammelby

Speedster

Practically Family
Hammelby said:
Dear ladies and gents

Please help a fella, that soon will turn into a hipppie!
I left europe around three weeks ago, and I am completely new here :(
Please, help. Where do I go if I want my 30´s haircut here in Los Angeles (I live close to Vermont/Santa Monica and dont have a car).

Hammelby

As you very well know Hammelby, i'm no expert on 30'ies haricuts, but these should be able to help you out: Matt Deckard, Wildroot, Chris and Kat or??

BTW, i read your "Flugten til Hollywood" in Politiken Sunday 20 May. Very good :eusa_clap :eusa_clap Looking forward to reading more.

Hammelby

One of the Regulars
thx speedster! I am glad you liked the comic. :D
It is actually online now, here in pdf
enjoy buddy!

Yep, but problem is those guys live in pasedena.. but maby ill go there?
Anyone that knows of a more "local barber"?

(Lars having long hair):
====:(

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
LolitaHaze said:
[ImOldFashioned... If I am able to make it out to the QM this year, I'll definately do your hair. :) Just bring examples of the styles you like. Hehehehe.

I'm really hoping to get to the QM event this year and if I do I'll defiinitely make an appointment with you! That would be too fun. I'm all thumbs trying to do the updos on my own so it would be nice to get some pointers from the experts.

Kimberly

Practically Family
Okay, I bought another set of rollers today. This time they are electric, come in different sizes and have these clamps that prevent them from falling out. I just used them and these are the best for my hair by far!!

1. They were super easy to use.
2. I don't have the frizz
3. The larger curlers give me a looser curl vs. the tight ones that made me look like a poodle.
4. I don't have to sleep in them!

I think I have finally found my curling method. I guess I am going to have to deep condition twice a week now as they are electric rollers and will cause more damage to my hair. [huh]

Kimberly

Practically Family
sophia la shok said:
how long is your hair now kimberly?
show us a pic after you've used your new rollers!

soph
xxx

It is currently at chin length and layered. I did a quick curl just now with dirty hair so it came out pretty good, but not good enough for pics yet. I am going to give it my 100% all tomorrow morning and will post pics then. :D

sophia la shok

One of the Regulars
Kimberly said:
It is currently at chin length and layered. I did a quick curl just now with dirty hair so it came out pretty good, but not good enough for pics yet. I am going to give it my 100% all tomorrow morning and will post pics then. :D

yay! looking forward to it.

i'm having issues with my fringe at the moment.
i have to hairspray the bejesus out of it for it to hold all day. consequently, when i'm getting my 3rd day out of my pin curls/rollered curls, my fringe starts to get rigid and has bits of hairspray in it from the day before. usually i just brush it out but i'm always really conscious about getting dried hairspray white bits showing.
eugh. the bane of my hair-do's.
anyone got any ideas...

SarahLouise

Practically Family
sophia la shok said:
hey everyone.

i'm kinda new here. i was wondering if a few of you smouldering beauties could give me some advice...

my hair is naturally pretty curly. it really difficult to do certain things with it. in it's curly state i'm able to tease it up into faux reverse rolls; trying to roll them up properly causes somewhat of a problem, as my hair is also fairly long when i comb it out. about mid back length.

with pin curls and foam curlers and the like, i wonder wether there is any way to tease my exsisting curls or just curl them overnight, which seems like a thankless task when my hair is so curly anyway.

when it's straight i can put awesome faux rolls and styles like daisy has in her avatar. the only issue there is that when my hair is straight nothing but little butterfly clips will hold it in, anything else seems to slide out. obviously, this is not in keeping with a vintage look. any ideas?

my hair naturally
DSC00354.jpg

straight and with faux rolls
DSC00310.jpg

straight with actual rolls
DSC00282.jpg

DSC00278.jpg

I use small butterfly clips to create a roll effect, very handy when you're in a rush and don't have time to do the real thing. Unlike you I have naturally very straight hair but have the same problem with things slipping out as the hair just doesn't have that much of a grip. When I've curled it I can use the combs (you can get them from Boots or Claires) on the side for a 40s pageboy look but when it's straight there's no chance of them staying put! Have you tried bobby pins?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart