Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
My hair is at a weird length right now since I'm growing it out. It's finally long enough for Heidi hair.
5499667655_6d678777a7.jpg

I love this. All you need's a pinafore.

Christi.adell

One of the Regulars
I finally got something decent today (and of course it's raining).
My hair is finally past my ears on the sides so it's gotten long enough to roll onto rollers without me cursing at it in frustration.
The first one is upclose (black hair is hard to photograph details) and the second one is the wide shot. :)
Please excuse my ghostly looking flesh from the unforgiving flash!

March 2011 by christi.adell, on Flickr

March 2011 by christi.adell, on Flickr

Romy Overdorp

One of the Regulars
Perfect set! Do we get to see the combout?

Thank you! I think it can be perfected even more, but I am the only one in my class who really enjoys doing this. The others are always complaining that it looks like granny hair. I'm kinda a dork because I forgot to take the 'after' pic. But here is a pic from another day when I brushed out the curls. Did that one with a curling iron.

Edit: The hair is extremely frizzy, and the split ends are no good either but we're also not allowed to cut the hair from this wig...:(
hairbrush.jpg

I Adore Film Noir

A-List Customer
Thank you! I think it can be perfected even more, but I am the only one in my class who really enjoys doing this. The others are always complaining that it looks like granny hair. I'm kinda a dork because I forgot to take the 'after' pic. But here is a pic from another day when I brushed out the curls. Did that one with a curling iron.

Edit: The hair is extremely frizzy, and the split ends are no good either but we're also not allowed to cut the hair from this wig...:(
hairbrush.jpg

Very nice, thank you.

Christi.adell

One of the Regulars
Oh wow thank you ladies! You made my day. :)
This was the first time in a long time I've done anything to it and I really enjoyed it. I'll have to stop being so lazy and do it more.

zombi

A-List Customer
christi.adell -- you look beautiful!!!

Romy Overdorp -- I love the combout from that. It is just lovely. I would like to try it on my own hair!

Clabbergirl

One of the Regulars
This is so cute. I LOVE the little curl there on your forehead. Wish I could get something like that with that much body at the root too! And your skin looks like porcelain. Lovely.

MissLaurieMarie

One of the Regulars
I am jealous of all you ladies and your fancy do's.
This is what my hair looks like at the moment. Do any of you have tips of what I could do with it to give it more of a 40s edge? It's thick, fine and doesn't seem long enough to do much of anything! </whining>
Anywho, any sort of tips of guidance would be greatly appreciated :)

front%20crop.jpg

side%20crop.jpg

back%20crop.jpg

Forgive the dents (I had my hair behind my ears for the day) and bags under the eyes.

- Miss L

Stray Cat

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Do any of you have tips of what I could do with it to give it more of a 40s edge?
Same here!
I have a short bob. That was the ONLY thing my hairdresser could do. Ahem.. I had long perm two years ago, and then I had to shave my head to take it off. So.. Here is my question: is there a way to curl up short bob? Any help would be great!
By the way.. I'm new to the forum (I was reading it for some time, now I decided to join you ladies).
:)

SheBear74

Practically Family
Thanks for the compliments on my parade do ladies! :) I love reading this thread there are always so many pretty hair styles!

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
A couple years ago, I had to cut my hair off at about 2in long all over due to bleach damage. Short bob length is perfect for 30's fingerwaves.
MissLaurieMarie, your hair would work for 50's hair nicely with either a basic wet set or small hot rollers. For a 40's look, pull up the sides into combs and wear a snood on the back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR