Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

zombi

A-List Customer
I had a half-blue-black half-white mohawk for a long time, and I used a Clairol toner that was amazing! I used a violet toner. For me, toner goes on already-bleached hair, not into the mix. I believe this is how everyone does it? Maybe not, but that's how I did it at home and how hairdressers did it for me at salons.

Tatum

Practically Family
Here is my hair today, after doing the tutorial that Juliet and LittleMissToniJo requested...
IMG_4013.jpg

LinaSofia

A-List Customer
great work on the tutorial Tatum! Love how your hair looks, that little 'fake roll' effect you did was great! I'm gonna have to try that now.. :)

LittleMissTonijo, you look amazing - love how your set turned out! especially the tight little curls at the back! perfect :)

Tatum

Practically Family
And thank you, thank you, thank you! I'll definitely will be trying to achieve this all week lol

You're welcome!!! It was fun... However I was worried about my total dorki-ness coming out the whole time :)

Thanks, Lina! I am still trying to perfect your scarf roll, I can't thank YOU enough for posting that!

We need a tutorial thread....

LittleMissToniJo

One of the Regulars
Girl! LOL... OK, fine. Yes, you HAVE seen it in person. :D
You're sweet. ;)

Here's the tut...

WOW
Ok #1 - Thank you girls so much, all of you! I just read through so many nice responses and I wasn't expecting them! This forum is such a nice place :)

2nd - Tatum I'm in love with your video! I really hope you make more... you have such a relaxed and sweet personality, it was fun to watch. Also since you used sponge rollers, this is something I might actually be able to do! Thanks so much for this!

Tatum

Practically Family
WOW
Ok #1 - Thank you girls so much, all of you! I just read through so many nice responses and I wasn't expecting them! This forum is such a nice place :)

2nd - Tatum I'm in love with your video! I really hope you make more... you have such a relaxed and sweet personality, it was fun to watch. Also since you used sponge rollers, this is something I might actually be able to do! Thanks so much for this!

You are so welcome! I am thinking of starting a tutorial thread, as there are soooo many good ones out there, and I'm sure that the ladies here that are new to vintage would appreciate all those things in one place. I have a list worked up for myself, so I might just refine it and post it.

As for the sponge rollers, you could use anything for this. I just happen to be a dunce with pincurls, even though I have been doing my hair in vintage styles since 2008.... Ask Gracie Lee. She gets to hear me whine about it all the time!

Of COURSE you can do it. Like I said, it was a total accident. I love hairstyles like that!

And yes, we are lucky to have such a great group of people here. I spent a year lurking before I joined, and I am so glad I did.

Also, I keep forgetting to tell you, LMTJ, that I love your hair! Especially your avatar. It makes me want to chop all mine off again! :)

Tatum I'm currently green with envy. My hair hates to be put up in rolls.

Isis, try it like I did in the tut. The real trick is to not break up the curls as much as most styles.

Last edited:

Isis

One of the Regulars
You are so welcome! I am thinking of starting a tutorial thread, as there are soooo many good ones out there, and I'm sure that the ladies here that are new to vintage would appreciate all those things in one place. I have a list worked up for myself, so I might just refine it and post it.

Isis, try it like I did in the tut. The real trick is to not break up the curls as much as most styles.

I think a tutorial-thread is an excellent idea!

I shall try!

Tatum

Practically Family
Thanks, Berlin! You always look so polished, and I adore your blog. I wish I could commit to actually posting stuff on mine as opposed to using it for a Lounge depository...

Isis, post pics when you do try, I would love to see!

I am slogging through my bookmarks to find the best tuts, I will try to start that thread tomorrow...

LittleMissToniJo

One of the Regulars
Tatum - I attempted to do your tutorial this morning but I am crap at reverse rolls!!! I will post a picture later on... I guess it's not bad for a first try but I definitely am going to have to give it another go!

Tatum

Practically Family
Alrighty, here is second and third day hair from the tutorial set... Sorry about the HUUUGE pics, for some reason WordPress doesn't want to give me smaller stuff to work with and I don't feel like digging into the code right now. Also forgive the lack of makeup in the first two, Wednesday was spent as a beekeeper and doing general chores around the garden and house.

IMG_1670.jpg

IMG_1672.jpg

Third day (today):
IMG_1691.jpg

IMG_1694.jpg

Berlin

Practically Family
Alrighty, here is second and third day hair from the tutorial set... Sorry about the HUUUGE pics, for some reason WordPress doesn't want to give me smaller stuff to work with and I don't feel like digging into the code right now. Also forgive the lack of makeup in the first two, Wednesday was spent as a beekeeper and doing general chores around the garden and house.

IMG_1670.jpg

IMG_1672.jpg

Third day (today):
IMG_1691.jpg

IMG_1694.jpg

Oh that's very neat again! And lovely blouse (?) on the last photo's, too!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo