Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Tatum

Practically Family
Thanks Tatum you are very kind. Its not really as reddish as it looks in the picture, but it is pretty variegated lately.
Where is your hair tutorial I heard of?

I think the variegated look is beautiful, I always have. As much as I would love to, I don't expect to have it when I get older, at least not as delightfully dramatic as yours, since I am too light :)

Here is a link to the tutorial!

Here are a few pics of my attempt at a wet set. Well, it was mostly dry but if I didn't do it that way it wouldn't dry for 50 years. :D I've done wet sets lots of times before but using only one kind of roller. It was a mish mash of pin curls, pillow rollers and magent rollers. I think it turned out pretty well. I was going for the 40s 50s soft wave. Sort of Marilyn if and when she rocked long hair and any other starlet of that era and a little Doris Mayday thrown in. Please don't be frightened by my lack of makeup.

And here was my first attempt at an updo. I think it turned out kinda fun. My victory rolls need some help. lol Please ignore the frightening look on my face.

Both very cute! I know how it is to have your hair *never* dry....

RockyHorror

One of the Regulars
Photo_00002-4.jpg

I apologize for the terrible quality! My cameras died. But this is my first attempt with sponge rollers in a looong time, and it came out pretty nice!
Plus this is the first day in months that i get to have my hair and makeup done at the same time!
The hair color is getting closer and closer to the hitchcock blonde I've been dreaming of!

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
BellaBella... I add the toner mix after I wash the bleach out of my hair. I have to pretty much wash the toner out right away too because I'll get those nice lovely violet streaks as well. Also... definitely try the Fanci-ful rinse (its actually a leave in) I've gotten the "whitest" with that. But like the shimmer lights, too much and too often will turn your hair gray.

Christi.Adell... Ooh Thank you! I will take a look into that! Next time I need to replenish my "natural color" supplies, I'll try that!

Tatum... You're hair makes me JEALOUS!! AHHHH YOU!!!! :-D

Antje... Thanks! xoxoxo

Here is me playing with a Betty Grable do. I did a tutorial for it, but when I went to upload the video, turns out it didn't record!! :( So it's going to be about another week before I can/will do another tutorial, but there will be one!
DSCN3251c.jpg

Tatum

Practically Family

Here is me playing with a Betty Grable do. I did a tutorial for it, but when I went to upload the video, turns out it didn't record!! :( So it's going to be about another week before I can/will do another tutorial, but there will be one

Thanks, Lolita! That means so much coming from you. Can't wait to see the tutorial! :D

bellabella327

One of the Regulars
Lolita thanks for the advise, I really LOVE the fanci-ful, it has really helped! I love the Betty look you have for your next tutorial, what a bummer it didn't record though :(

Schatzi your hair looks great!

jessesgirl08

One of the Regulars
Best pic I could find but I was happy with my hair that day. :)
Picture136-1-1.jpg

Here's 2 with my 2 boys. We were bike riding so my hair is pretty flat, but you get the picture :)
Picture272-1.jpg

Picture271.jpg

Sorry pics are sooo big

coble

A-List Customer

The first one I used a hair rat for my bangs and the second one I did pin curls and used a scarf to tie it up except for the front :).
I am working on more longer hair styles and experimenting with pin curl sets!
210kdqo.jpg

2qks2l3.jpg

i like your hair in the second photo the best.

Antje

One Too Many
BellaBella... I add the toner mix after I wash the bleach out of my hair. I have to pretty much wash the toner out right away too because I'll get those nice lovely violet streaks as well. Also... definitely try the Fanci-ful rinse (its actually a leave in) I've gotten the "whitest" with that. But like the shimmer lights, too much and too often will turn your hair gray.

Christi.Adell... Ooh Thank you! I will take a look into that! Next time I need to replenish my "natural color" supplies, I'll try that!

Antje... Thanks! xoxoxo

Here is me playing with a Betty Grable do. I did a tutorial for it, but when I went to upload the video, turns out it didn't record!! :( So it's going to be about another week before I can/will do another tutorial, but there will be one!
DSCN3251c.jpg

wow, great, you have a lot of hair girl

rue

This set didn't turn out as great as I wanted, but the humidity didn't help either. I'm really pround of the front wave though :)
IMG_0896.jpg

Sorry about the big ol' close-up of my face, but I was trying to show the wave.
IMG_0898.jpg

IMG_0891.jpg

My hair has gotten a bit longer, but the back is still too layered for me. I think another inch or two and it'll be right where I want it.

rue

Rue, you are just such a stunning woman. That front wave is great, too! I'd love to know your set?

Thank you Zombi :D
I used medium sponge rollers this time and just kind of brushed it and pushed it into place with some hair cream. It was really just an accident.

Rue,
If that's a not so great hair day, on a good hair day you must cause traffic jams :).

Don't I wish lol Thank you for making my day though :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy