Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

pompsnpincurls

Familiar Face
Here is me playing with a Betty Grable do. I did a tutorial for it, but when I went to upload the video, turns out it didn't record!! :( So it's going to be about another week before I can/will do another tutorial, but there will be one!
DSCN3251c.jpg

Where do you post your videos :)? I'd love to see the tutorial for this!!

P.S. off topic, but I lived in Kenosha for a couple years when I was little :).

pompsnpincurls

Familiar Face
Thank You!I'm not as glamorous as most of the gals on here, but was happy to be able to pull it back in some fashion.
How are things in Wisconsin? I haven't been there in years, my husband has relatives in Door County.

That's still pretty glamorous ;). And things are pretty good in Wisconsin, except the weather won't make up its mind, lol. Door County is so beautiful! As soon as it warms up a little more, I'm hoping to take a day trip up there for some photography. Your husband's relatives must be pretty happy living in that pretty of a place :). Have you ever been to any of their state parks?

crwritt

One Too Many
That's still pretty glamorous ;). And things are pretty good in Wisconsin, except the weather won't make up its mind, lol. Door County is so beautiful! As soon as it warms up a little more, I'm hoping to take a day trip up there for some photography. Your husband's relatives must be pretty happy living in that pretty of a place :). Have you ever been to any of their state parks?

The weather sounds a lot like Maine. 50's one day, snow the next. The last time we were in Door county was about 26 years ago, and it reminded me of coastal Maine.

Isis

One of the Regulars
Lolita Haze So pretty! I look forward to the tutorial!

Crwitt, you look very stylish!

I have been playing around with Tatum's tutorial and though I haven't got the prefect grasp on her faux rolls, I'm slowly getting there. here is a not very good picture of my birthday hair. Three victory rolls and one faux roll in the front.
1000.jpg

Berlin

Practically Family

I have been playing around with Tatum's tutorial and though I haven't got the prefect grasp on her faux rolls, I'm slowly getting there. here is a not very good picture of my birthday hair. Three victory rolls and one faux roll in the front.
1000.jpg

Very nice!

Tatum

Practically Family

1000.jpg

I think it looks just lovely! Happy Birthday! :D

pompsnpincurls

Familiar Face
The weather sounds a lot like Maine. 50's one day, snow the next. The last time we were in Door county was about 26 years ago, and it reminded me of coastal Maine.

Well I'd say you're do for a visit ;). They have a park called Sand Dunes or something like that, and it was just gorgeous, it kind of reminded me of ocean coasts I've seen on TV and in movies. As for the weather, we had record tornadoes one night, 9 inches of snow the next week, and then now rain. Hopefully we stick with only rain now, lol. Hope your weather straightens out :).

cydneyr

New in Town
So, i was going for a Veronica Lake style but my hair is so straight that it's really hard to keep a curl for more than a few mintes :/
013-1.jpg

016.jpg

006.jpg

cydneyr

New in Town
BellaBella... I add the toner mix after I wash the bleach out of my hair. I have to pretty much wash the toner out right away too because I'll get those nice lovely violet streaks as well. Also... definitely try the Fanci-ful rinse (its actually a leave in) I've gotten the "whitest" with that. But like the shimmer lights, too much and too often will turn your hair gray.

Christi.Adell... Ooh Thank you! I will take a look into that! Next time I need to replenish my "natural color" supplies, I'll try that!

Tatum... You're hair makes me JEALOUS!! AHHHH YOU!!!! :-D

Antje... Thanks! xoxoxo

Here is me playing with a Betty Grable do. I did a tutorial for it, but when I went to upload the video, turns out it didn't record!! :( So it's going to be about another week before I can/will do another tutorial, but there will be one!
DSCN3251c.jpg

i REALLY love this; so beautiful!

K.McG

New in Town
Goodness, everyone's hair looks marvelous!

I am still getting the hang of wet sets, I just got a set of hot sticks, and might try them out tomorrow.

Generally I do a front roll with the sides pulled back as such
Photo6.jpg
this is from about December, and if i remember correctly done with a curling iron
Photo372.jpg
more recent, a wet set

when i am lazy its the top roll with or without a bandanna
Photo477-1.jpg
where my hair is now colour wise

and I just got some hair rats to try out bumper bangs, this one was my first go, turned out better than I thought it would!
Photo559.jpg

Last edited:

Tatum

Practically Family
Goodness, everyone's hair looks marvelous!

I am still getting the hang of wet sets, I just got a set of hot sticks, and might try them out tomorrow.

Generally I do a front roll with the sides pulled back as such
Photo6.jpg
this is from about november, and if i remember correctly done with a curling iron
Photo372.jpg
more recent, a wet set

when i am lazy its the top roll with or without a bandanna
Photo477-1.jpg
where my hair is now colour wise

and I just got some hair rats to try out bumper bangs, this one was my first go, turned out better than I thought it would!
Photo559.jpg

Stunning! I love your colors! Welcome :)

Isis

One of the Regulars
Thank you all! Kamikat, I's just rolled up over a rat- very simple.

cydneyr what method do you use for curling your hair?

K.McG I love all your "do's"

Isis

One of the Regulars
I am using rolls! Is that right?
Rolls are not wrong at all. :) But hair reacts very differently and one may need to experiment a little. And if the hair is still even a little damp when the rolls are removed, then the curls goes quickly. Personally I prefer to do pin curls in wet hair that I sleep in, then they get plenty of time to dry and the curls keep. I can't sleep in rolls, but many do. If I need quicker curls I use hot rolls, but those are just for the day- the next day the curls are gone. And hair do take to curling differently. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy