Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

crwritt

One Too Many
I used the band technique that was posted over on the hair tutorials thread and love it. I can totally see wearing it wrapped around the band with a flower one day, sleeping in it, then with curls the next!

DSCN3901.jpg

DSCN3909.jpg

nice curls!

SheBear74

Practically Family
I tried the band thing yesterday and woke up this morning with spiral curls! Well, apart from one irritatingly straight bit at the back. The curls have lasted all day and only took about 20 minutes total to set and style. Bendy rollers take me 40 minutes just to put them in!

So glad I watched that video as I love my hair curly but don't have time to use rollers every day.

Pictures? :D

Thanks Crwritt!

Penny Dreadful

One of the Regulars
Hair cut today!
I shortened my midi by about 4 inches, 2-3 inches from where it was last time I cut it (though it's so hard to accurately tell when the bottom is round). I wear my hair curled so often my mom couldn't even tell, which was a weird mix of relief and disappointment. Here it's been curled in hot rollers (I noticed how much more it looks like a wet set on shorter hair) and had over 12 hours to relax. Normally by now it would be almost completely straight again. I LOVE it but it's going to take a while to feel like me again.
247117_10150634245070012_597260011_18905140_2542252_n.jpg

Last edited:

crwritt

One Too Many
I just tried the headband set, here is the back
247501_1393346210718_1744062716_671563_3157740_n.jpg
We'll see what it looks like down
in the morning. This was so easy!
260254_1393722540126_1744062716_671905_8332782_n.jpg

The very front is a little flat, so it will take practice, but don't you think its better than this for second day hair?
215967_1341674398955_1744062716_608930_6400799_n.jpg

I like how smooth the back turned out, and how organized the curls are. The best part is that this is a set I could actually sleep in.

Last edited:

Lindabelle

One of the Regulars
Your haircut looks lovely Penny Dreadful. I do know what you mean about others not knowing how long hair actually is. I always curl mine too and the odd time I haven't, I have had surprised comments on how long my hair is. You have encouraged me to be brave and get my hair cut again. It has got so long I find the curl is dropping out far too easily. I know what you mean about not feeling yourself after a haircut, that's the main reason I have been putting off getting one!

Clabbergirl

One of the Regulars
Swinggal, your hair looks very beautiful and yes feminine!
Put my hair in the band today.
DSCN3914.jpg

DSCN3913.jpg

I love how this looks! No one would know it's a 2-for-one: a retro style that's also setting as your hair for another retro style as you wear it! I can't wait to try this. I have the hair bands waiting on me, just need the time. Thanks for posting your results.

Clabbergirl

One of the Regulars
I just tried the headband set, here is the back
247501_1393346210718_1744062716_671563_3157740_n.jpg

We'll see what it looks like down in the morning.
This was so easy!
260254_1393722540126_1744062716_671905_8332782_n.jpg

I like how smooth the back turned out, and how organized the curls are. The best part is that this is a set I could actually sleep in.

I was really curious to see how your curls would turn out since you have naturally curly hair too. Very pleased with the results. I'm afraid of a frizz fest since curls seem especially prone to that. Cannot WAIT to try this! I need at least another hour added onto each day... Thanks for posting your results too, btw.

zombi

A-List Customer
Thanks all you gals for posting your results with the band tutorial style! I've found the headbands and can't wait to try it myself next time I wash my hair. It looks so cute all rolled up, too -- I love the "two for one"-ness of this!

SheBear74

Practically Family
Crwritt, yours turned out great!!!

W-D my hair is only about 4" long in the back at the base of my head (did that make sense? lol) and this worked great for me. I am not sure where you can find the bands but you could use any elasticated head band really.

Well mine looked cute this morning even stood up to the Florida humidity at the beach! It didn't, however, do so well after my 3 year old hit the shower button at the beach and soaked me! lol

Odalisque

A-List Customer
Hair from last night- it's the best picture of the bunch.

IMG_3052.jpg

It's a foam roller wet set with minimal brushing out. I'm so happy it lasted fairly well- usually my hair falls within a hour :)

Katinka von K.

A-List Customer
Hair from last night- it's the best picture of the bunch.

IMG_3052.jpg

It's a foam roller wet set with minimal brushing out. I'm so happy it lasted fairly well- usually my hair falls within a hour :)

Oh I love both your hairstyles. I always like when a girl looks great with hair that short. And you look like you jumped out of a 40s photograph. Very cute!

Odalisque

A-List Customer
Oh I love both your hairstyles. I always like when a girl looks great with hair that short. And you look like you jumped out of a 40s photograph. Very cute!

Thank you! I agree, i think my friend looks adorable but she hates it! She had to shave it for chemo but it's starting to grow back in, much to her relief.

SheBear74

Practically Family
Odalisque, I agree you both look adorable!

I did the band set again. There is some frizz this time but it's from the hair dye I used. :( I should have stuck with Garnier it was way shiny and had more blue. I used Prefferance and it noticably dulled my hair... I don't know if I should try to dye it again before we leave on Saturday.

DSCN3921.jpg

DSCN3919.jpg

m_luvsartdeco

One of the Regulars
SheBear you're so cute and your hair is amazing. I really wish I could pull off hair that short.
m_lovesartdeco you look very chic I'm envious.
Antje you're beautiful as always.

Normally I'm too lazy to set my hair everyday but I've gotten faster at sponge rollers and I only pincurled the top half of my hair so, I think I'll be using this as an everyday set :)

utf-8BbXVuY2hfMjAxMV8wNl8xMl8xNjE3MTAuanBn.jpg

Sorry about lack of makeup(besides eyeliner) I was in a rush today and needed to finish dressing :p
utf-8BSU1HMDI4NjItMjAxMTA2MTItMTEzNC5qcGc.jpg

Your hair came out cute...I normally pin curl the top half and use rollers on the bottom as well :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy