Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
So apparently 40s hair happens when my curls don't set properly. [huh]

l_e4412ce841692c3488b25a19c6528025.jpg

pigeon toe

One Too Many
roots66 said:
Thanks Pigeontoe. Do you use any sort of product before, during, or after the set?

Usually my best sets are day 2, when I have a lot of leftover hairspray in my hair. Sometimes on the first day I use Redken 22 Hot Sets thermal setting spray (I think that's what it's called?), but sometimes I use nothing and it comes out relatively the same (my hair takes to heat very well). But when I have lots of hairspray in my hair, and it's not super duper clean, the curls can be brushed a lot to get the softer look without falling out. So hairspray, hairspray, hairspray!

I also spray my hair till it's a bit crunchy. I know some girls don't like that, but if I want it to last all day with me running around all over the place, that's what I gotta do.

pigeon toe

One Too Many
Fleur De Guerre said:
PT and Stace, you look AMAZING! PT I have wanted that dress for ages, lucky you for getting it in the sale! It looks so great on you. And I wish my hot sticks worked in this country!

Thanks hon! It's such a great dress, unfortunately the first time I wore it I got oil on it! Yikes. I took it to the dry cleaners, but it still didn't come out. Oh well. At least it was on sale!

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
pigeon toe said:
Thanks hon! It's such a great dress, unfortunately the first time I wore it I got oil on it! Yikes. I took it to the dry cleaners, but it still didn't come out. Oh well. At least it was on sale!

Pij that is such a shame... I have very good luck with Oxi clean spray. Sometimes I have to treat it up to 3 times but the stain usually comes out!
Nikki

Sweet Polly Purebred

A-List Customer
Emmababy said:
i was looking at them last night after i was inspired by this thread

think they will work as well as the 'mericans do?

Yes, they're pretty much the same, the only difference is the hook/holder/clip thing on the end.

I have naturally curly hair, so if anything I use them to control/shape my curls rather than create them.

People have mentioned setting solutions .. while it's intended purpose isn't for setting, I have found that Infusium 23's leave in vitamin treatment is by far the best setting lotion that I have ever used. Not sure if it's available in the UK, it's really hard to find here in Ireland, but if you can find it, give it a try.

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
Why aren't there "Growing your hair" support groups?

Lol!
Seriously,I need someone to talk me out of my once a year short do.I do this every year,just to turn around and wish that I'd left it long.

So,here I am again and wanting to grow it back out already,even Dashiell looks confused.
47b7d823b3127cce84e6bed9279e00000006109AbOXLFk0bS

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
rubyredlocks, I love your pixie. Hairdo, I mean, and your little son is too cute, too. Ok, when I had my natural red hair cut in a pixie I used it as a good excuse to wear wigs in different colors. Fun, easy, not hot and a way to experiment. I bought my favorite ones from www.beautytrends.com if you are interested. Or you might want to try a fall, they will match your color expertly.
Ashley

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
Ashley-
I use to wear wigs often and have completely forgotten about them until you made mention.Thanks for the words of encouragement and compliments to my little guy.(I'm pretty proud of him)I have to admit at his age right now I'd never have time to style my hair properly if I had length.So,this is more flattering than long hair that's just left laying limply down my face.

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Ruby... Your hair is fantastic!! But if you want to grow it out really fast, take prenatal pills. Your hair will grow something fierce!! Your nails too! I need to start taking them again, my nails are getting brittle and pooptacular. :(

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Goldwyn Girl... They are a multi vitamin meant for pregnant women, but can be taken by anyone. I take them and I have never been preggers. They are over the counter and cheap. :)

goldwyn girl said:
Excuse my ignorance but what are prenatal pills??

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
This is how I wore my hair today... Sadly :( my curls fell flat thanks to the heat, so you can't see how cool they were. Boo! Also, excuse the stupid look on my face.

P1060090c.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran