Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Everyone looks great!

Clabbergirl - I know exactly what you mean. I don't have a daughter, but sometimes my own insecurities get the better of me, or I'll see someone looking very modern and trendy, and it causes me to second guess myself. So I understand your feelings very well.

Rue, you're always lovely, and your eyebrows are perfect!

Miss sofia

One Too Many
Yes me too, i have been a bit down in the frumps lately, one hair disaster after another, the usual kind of thing, i just get days when i think perhaps i should just get a nice bob and dress like everyone else. But i soon snap out of it. You are not alone.

Rue - Beautiful as ever. I thought we hadn't seen much of Vivien lately, here she is, alive and well. I also have FWG's eyebrow envy.

I Adore Film Noir

A-List Customer
Ladies, you look fabulous as usual! SheBear, I love your bangs and esp. your rolls
(do you still call them Victory rolls when they're on top of your head instead of on the sides?)!

The other day, I tried standing pin curls for the first time. I expected it to come out real bad because I thought the curls'd get all crushed when sleeping on them. But the result wasn't half as bad as I had expected.

before

after

Although I think it's not too bad, I still like the flat pin curls better.

wahine, darn if I don't see a bit of Gene Tierney in you:

images

rue,

They are looking because you're so pretty.

Juliet

A-List Customer
Amy Jeanne - that's lovely!

Isis - I adore that soft look your hair has.

Retro_GI_Jane - I do believe, I mentioned how much I look forward to your posts? You never disappoint! :D Love the back! (and the front, and the top :) )

SheBear74 - oh, those are mighty fine rolls! :)

wahine - Lovely. I lake the back, mine never turns out this wavy.

Rue - I could gush on for a long time :) . You look drop-dead gorgeous!

Last edited:

SheBear74

Practically Family
Rue, you looke beautiful as always!
Wahine, love the curls!

I think I have the opposite problem. lol I don't get insecure I actually forget that my hair and style look the way they do. I had decided when I started doing the retro look that I was tired of not doing what I wanted. For the most part though the response has been very positive. Well except for a couple of young boys who I noticed kind of laughing when looking my way today. However one could have just told a fart joke for all I know. lol I am always stoked when the girls at my son's high school ask me how to do rolls. :D

Tenuki

One of the Regulars
I had to share my weekend hair and gives thanks to the glorious Sibyl, my hairstylist. She's been willing to give me the Middie cut and helps with technique and styling when I get stuck and need some in-person help. Also, I just love sitting under the dryer at the shop, reading trashy mags. I feel so vintage girly! Anyway I knew Sibyl had done a fingerwave set on herself when she was a local performer on The Front Page. It's not a proper fingerwave. She fingerwaved the front, pin curled the ends at the front, and rollers at the back. It's the look I've been trying to get with my pin curl sets but haven't quite gotten the technique down yet. ghetto_fingerwave_0478 by Tenuki Handcrafts, on Flickr

SheBear74

Practically Family
Going to watch my son march in the Christmas parade tonight so I thought I would be a little festive with the flowers today. :D
IMG-20111206-00409.jpg

IMG-20111206-00413.jpg

Miss sofia

One Too Many
I had to share my weekend hair and gives thanks to the glorious Sibyl, my hairstylist. She's been willing to give me the Middie cut and helps with technique and styling when I get stuck and need some in-person help. Also, I just love sitting under the dryer at the shop, reading trashy mags. I feel so vintage girly! Anyway I knew Sibyl had done a fingerwave set on herself when she was a local performer on The Front Page. It's not a proper fingerwave. She fingerwaved the front, pin curled the ends at the front, and rollers at the back. It's the look I've been trying to get with my pin curl sets but haven't quite gotten the technique down yet. ghetto_fingerwave_0478 by Tenuki Handcrafts, on Flickr

Welcome back Tenuki.

Love the hair-do and your colour is beautiful.

Shebear - very pretty as usual. You have inspired me to cut the bangs back in my hair again. I have tried growning them, they are to nearly the end of my nose, but i just think i look better with bangs. (Herman Munster forehead, nuff said).

zombi

A-List Customer
6467054515_f4cf60e9e7.jpg

Washed my hair in the morning instead of at night, like I should have, so I had to use a curling iron to try and style this morning. Not overly pleased, but not totally displeased. The side turned away from the camera is just pinned back smooth, with the wave showing more on the side you can see. Hope this hair works better when pincurling and sponge rolling, else I'm just going to grow it right back out. Sigh.

Also, I'm terrible with a curling iron. I never ever used one before, or at least, hardly ever -- so this was not fun or easy for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael