Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

crwritt

One Too Many
Here's my hair today. Just another basic pin curl set. Still working on the technique & setting pattern but it's already improved a ton from day 1.

380580_3879478078972_1537012233_n.jpg

Chole

What inspired you to change your hair so dramatically from waistlength dreadlocks to vintage pincurls all of a sudden?

geekgirl

New in Town
What inspired you to change your hair so dramatically from waistlength dreadlocks to vintage pincurls all of a sudden?

Oh it wasn't all of a sudden. I've been itching to cut the dreads off for over a year and was just waiting for the right time. Plus I've changed just about everything else in my life during the last 6 months (finished school, new job, moved & buying a house) so the change in looks seemed like the perfect "final touch".

I'm also a historical reenactor so having more manageable hair, and hair that I can properly style for one of the periods I do, is a bonus.

This is today's 2nd day set (that just didn't want to do what I wanted it to do). Hat to the rescue!

534597_3883694904390_1229298665_n.jpg

Chole

SheBear74

Practically Family
I was reading through Lauren's book and decided to try the little pony tail (where you use the loop to pull it through from the bottom and flip it over on itself).
ponytail2.jpg

ponytail.jpg

SheBear74

Practically Family
I was reading through Lauren's book and decided to try the little pony tail (where you use the loop to pull it through from the bottom and flip it over on itself).
ponytail2.jpg

ponytail.jpg

pineapplefruitcake

One of the Regulars
Hey everyone! I haven't posted here in a while but everyone looks great! Just a quick look today - moved to a new place (speaking of, if anyone here lives on Jersey in the channel islands lemme know!) and I'm still sorting out all of my stuff and getting settled - hope you like it :)

P7140292.jpg

P7140299.jpg

pineapplefruitcake

One of the Regulars
Thank you both :) that means so much coming from you Lolitahaze! Flicka I knitted the cardi myself actually - I can give you the pattern if you're interested - and I'm making a matching beret/tam thingo for it at the moment :)

Last edited:

m_luvsartdeco

One of the Regulars
Oh it wasn't all of a sudden. I've been itching to cut the dreads off for over a year and was just waiting for the right time. Plus I've changed just about everything else in my life during the last 6 months (finished school, new job, moved & buying a house) so the change in looks seemed like the perfect "final touch".

I'm also a historical reenactor so having more manageable hair, and hair that I can properly style for one of the periods I do, is a bonus.

This is today's 2nd day set (that just didn't want to do what I wanted it to do). Hat to the rescue!

534597_3883694904390_1229298665_n.jpg

Chole

Very beautiful!

Flicka

One Too Many
Thank you both :) that means so much coming from you Lolitahaze! Flicka I knitted the cardi myself actually - I can give you the pattern if you're interested - and I'm making a matching beret/tam thingo for it at the moment :)

I suspect it's quite out of my league. Crocheting I do, but knitting is beyond my skills.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Thanks, ladies! I teased the you-know-what out of it. I just stripped it from black, then colored it red, so it's in pretty rough shape. I always get a better result with teasing when it's in bad shape. The back is just a simple french twist. I like the bouffant with low pony tail look, but my hair isn't quite long enough for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112