Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
There is a slight difference between the peach rods and the purple rods. You can't really tell from the photos, but the first photo is with the 1/2 in peach rods and the second photo was today with the slightly smaller purple rods. The curls are slightly tighter and even though my hair is longer in the second photo than it was in the first photo... the slightly tighter curls make my hair appear shorter.
LolitaHair003.jpg

P1090290b.jpg

Tonight I am going to set my hair in the 7/8 in green rods. I plan on stylin' my hair in my short do and I think the bigger curls will look nicer for the short style than the tighter curls I have been setting with.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Johanna and Lolita, the two of you look like gorgeous porcelain dolls with that blonde hair and the pale complexions (and if I could get my hair to look half as good as either of you I'd be pretty darn happy)!

Really, you are both stunning.

pretty faythe

One Too Many
I just did the uppermost section of my hair into the rolls, then pulled the rest of it into piggy tails. I was getting aggravated and annoyed, with the darn rolls, and didn't feel like starting over again for the ump-millionth time. Maybe when things settle back down, and my stress level decreases, I'll try again with the the whole sides.

ohairas said:
Faith, lookin' awesome girl.. wow, it's really gotten long, yay!! Did you pull all of your sides into the rolls, or just the top section of your sides, and the rest of the sides in your piggy tails? Hope that makes sense!

Johanna

One of the Regulars
Lolita you look fantastic! And Ohairas, I actually have some photos of my pin curls from a while ago. I'm no expert at all on this but it seems to work!

pincurls.jpg

pincurls4.jpg

pincurls3.jpg

pincurls2.jpg

Johanna

One of the Regulars
I've never tried setting lotion actually, I just use some hairspray on my hair when I've set the curls with damp hair, and then spray again when I've taken them out, and again when I'm finished styling the hair.

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Set looks good to me Johanna! How are you winding the hair? Around your fingers, from ends up, ect?

Faythe I like how you had your rolls. I asked because I always feel like my rolls are humungous and perhaps if I try not using the whole side section it will look better.

Bebop and Pigeon I missed your doos a few pages back.. WOW! You both look amazing! GARRRRgeous!

Lo your hair looks great no matter what you do. Yes, I'm jealous of you. There, I said it. *snort!*
Nikki

~*Red*~

Practically Family
So I used the hotsticks and the tiny sticks curled really well, so I decided to try some rolls and here is what I created today:
DSC00516.jpg

Here is the back:
DSC00518.jpg

Johanna

One of the Regulars
Here are two older pictures of my hair. I loved the black hair but I'm unfortunately allergic to most permanent hair dyes these days, especially black.

293343731_7f156867e0_o.jpg

293650893_c4b548fe53_o.jpg

zaika

One Too Many
~*Red*~ said:
So I used the hotsticks and the tiny sticks curled really well, so I decided to try some rolls and here is what I created today:
DSC00516.jpg

Here is the back:
DSC00518.jpg

Oh my gosh!! That looks amazing!! How did you do that?

And I like the color of your hair. :)

~*Red*~

Practically Family
Zaika: Thank you! I took the side section, Part crown to back of ear (where i did the smaller rods and tighter curls) and brushed that part forward then I rolled back, and pinned the curl. Same thing on both sides. My bangs I back combed (or french laced, really) with a brush so they would be fluffy, and I used one of my flower clips for the middle between the rolls. The back I just fluffed with a brush. I didn't back comb the curls like I usually would because I wasn't using this do to go dancing. If I dance I have to backcomb so the pinning is solid. But this way works for everyday wear. Dancing, you have to worry about getting bonked in the head. :rolleyes: ha ha!

Johanna: You look lovely in any kind of color or hair do!! I really like the red in there!

~*Red*~

Practically Family
Thanks everyone! I haven't had a do come out this nice in a long time...I'm out of practice! You are all inspiring me with your fabulous hair-do's! And I have to admit that Mildred Pierce is a huge inspiration for hair for me, as you can see.;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic