Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Sorry to be hoggin' the board lately, but I've been trying to get pics of me in my vintage for an album!
Here's what I wore yesterday. One of my favorite 50's dresses. Too big but I can't take it in, nor can I part with it.
Faux bang, (yah, Peg Bundie, I know!!) Brushed out curls from Tues.
Nikki
1415245185_76e5abfa77.jpg

1415247665_f6e55d3a3b.jpg

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Thank you Red!
The "bangs" were actually a chignon hair piece that came on a clip to wear at the nape. I cut the clip off and they work perfect for 50's bangs!
Nikki

Miss Sis

One Too Many
ohairas said:
Actually thinking of cutting my hair, which is usually the only time I really do anything with it, ha!

Ah - me too. It needs a cut but I just can't decide how much to get cut off. Also I am thinking about that perm (see earlier thread)

I like it long enough to tie back as I can't stand it in my eyes. At the moment it is quite a bit past my shoulders. Unfortunately the longer it gets the straighter it gets and it really drags my face down. Argh! Got to make a decision!

~*Red*~

Practically Family
ohairas said:
Thank you Red!
The "bangs" were actually a chignon hair piece that came on a clip to wear at the nape. I cut the clip off and they work perfect for 50's bangs!
Nikki

OOh very smart! They do work perfectly!! And your avatar always makes me giggle.. you angel you! hee hee

BonnieJean

Practically Family
Hairstyling tip!

I've been trying to find a way to get that pin curl look without having to go full out with pin curls. I think I may have found a way. I curl my hair with Hot Sticks, but take them out slightly before they've cooled. I take the Hot Stick curl and gently let it lay flat like a pin curl. You can feel the direction the curl wants to take. And then I'll pin the curl flat with a pin curl clip and leave that on until the curl is totally cooled. It gives my hair a more flatter wave as I brush it out. I think this would work with hot rollers too. Its something to try and play around with. Since my hair is very fine and thin and I have to wash it everyday and besides, I don't sleep well with curlers in my hair, this method seems to get me the results I want. I've timed it and I can do my hair from freshly washed and dried hair to completely styled within 15 minutes.

Today I didn't put very many sticks in my hair because I wanted a really quick do, but I'm still pleased with the end result.
9-21-07.jpg

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Very clever making the faux bang Nikki--that color match is perfection. Echoing everyone else on the fabulousity of your hair--agh, don't cut it (not much anyway)!

Everytime I see your pictures I think of Vivien Leigh/Scarlett O'Hara-that set of you in the black dress is to die for. Brava!

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
BonnieJean, I love the look! Perfect! I need to get me some of those Hot Sticks contraptions...

And Nikki, you always look fabulous :)

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Bonne great tip, you look marvelous! Love the avatar too!

It's a good idea to pin up your curls too, perhaps when you get home from work, ect... to keep them a bit bouncier for later. They've always done this in films between takes and such...

Thank you girls for your sweet words! :)
Nikki

zaika

One Too Many
Nikki...you are so beautiful. I hope you don't take offense to this (I certainly don't mean it as such!!)...but you could so easily be a Disney princess in one of their parades! Ariel, Belle...fabulous!

BonnieJean, I LOVE how your curls turned out. So soft! Mine are always so frizzy. [huh]

Here's my latest attempt at hair stylin'. I did the casual bangs hair do from this site. I didn't pin very well because I was in a hurry to get to work and my short bangs weren't behaving. Ah well...I do like the end product. Excuse the dumb face...I did pin curls in the front and sponge curlers in the back because I can't do pin curls back there...yet.

1419763913_f68a9b7796.jpg

zaika

One Too Many
goldwyn girl said:
zaika, lovely, I like how your bangs turned out. Are you wearing a Shaheen by chance ?

thank you! i don't think so! i don't even know what that is...but i hope you'll tell me. :D

zaika

One Too Many
goldwyn girl said:
The red blouse,dress you have on, It looks like the Hawaiian designer Alfred Shaheen type of print. It's very pretty.

Oh! Beg your pardon. :) No, it isn't. It's just this cheap blouse I found at a discount shop. I love it, but I've only had it for three months, and just when I can finally fit into it...it rips in several places. :(

~*Red*~

Practically Family
Zaika, hee hee.. you're so cute! You crack me up! I really really really love the color, especially when you do the curls and front bangs.. it's awesome!!

Jitterbug Jenny, Welcome! And I love the do.. it's very sassy!! I like your liner too!

~*Red*~

Practically Family
Last week's expirement

On Tuesday I layered my hair and set it sponge rollers.. no tension, medium on the sides, small for my bangs and the back, extra small on the neck.
This is Wednesday, brushed out with Royal Crown Dressing. The back stayed curly through Friday, and would have stayed longer, but I needed a shampoo.. hee hee...I also changed my bangs from a triangle part to a rectangle part, which is much more versatile!

100_4106.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred