Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

zombi

A-List Customer
Rhian thanks for posting the diagram! I appreciate it -- my hair's gotten long enough now that I'm having trouble figuring out how to fuss with it.

Retromama - lovely!

Voodoo Kitten - your hair is such a lovely shade! Very rich & warm.

Darhling - your picture looks quite similar to the Marilyn one, to me! As for keeping the curls... well, curled? maybe ... did you use a setting lotion when you did it? if not, that might help!

Gracie Lee

A-List Customer
Darhling: have you tried a pomade or light hair wax? Back in the day I had a cute short cut that I liked to make separated and "piece-y." Just a dab of pomade on the tips of your fingers, spread very thin, then pinch JUST THE ENDS, maybe the last quarter inch or so, between your lightly (can't stress this enough :)) pomaded fingers, should give you nice separation without weighing you down or looking greasy. At the moment I <3 Aveda's pomades because they're water soluble and smell heavenly.

retromama

New in Town
Thanks, Zombi! You are so sweet! I love everyone's looks and found so much inspiration from all of you. I admire the skill that goes into your styles!Hopefully, I will get that good someday!

andouta

New in Town
i'm new here...so first of all, i wanted to say hello to all of ladies here :D

(...and second...this is my first post here!!! yeah!)
i wanted to share with you my hair do....

t0i7aq.jpg

i always have this roll...and the rest of the hair i change....well sorry about my english...my spelling and gramar aren't so good...but i hope taht you'll understand my posts :)

well...it's nice to be here..greetings from croatia

Lillemor

One Too Many
Welcome andouta. I love the coloring in your photo.

Puzzicato. Your hair is very timeless. If you hair is naturally wavy that may be why I think so. I'd like to see a photo of your hair in a doughnut bun. They're both styles I liked in the past.

andouta

New in Town
Puzzicato & BoPeep & Lillemor thanx for welcome :)

it was very good light when we took that picture (and photographer is very good :) )...i think that's the reason why my blue eyes look soooo blue.

Lillemor

One Too Many
andouta said:
Puzzicato & BoPeep & Lillemor thanx for welcome :)

it was very good light when we took that picture (and photographer is very good :) )...i think that's the reason why my blue eyes look soooo blue.

I like that there's some blue in the background and your eyes are blue and your lips and hairpiece have something red in them as well as some red in the background.

andouta

New in Town
Lillemor said:
I like that there's some blue in the background and your eyes are blue and your lips and hairpiece have something red in them as well as some red in the background.

that's why i also like this photo...cause of the colours :)

Puzzicato

One Too Many
Lillemor said:
Welcome andouta. I love the coloring in your photo.

Puzzicato. Your hair is very timeless. If you hair is naturally wavy that may be why I think so. I'd like to see a photo of your hair in a doughnut bun. They're both styles I liked in the past.

That is natural wave - it won't hold a curl but it waves by itself! I'll get a picture of the doughnut bun at some point.

Mrs Beattie

New in Town
What do Mummies with 2.5 minutes a day to spend on their hair and makeup do each day? My little boy is 15 months and doesnt leave me much time for beautification.

GoddessMama

One of the Regulars
I have 6 kids, getting ready is rough. Hair is rollers or pin curls wet set and some quick bobby pin work (pomps like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6cLZ9KlCH0 are easy and you can put your hair up in a ponytail if needed) and usually a flower to top it off. Make-up with little time is focused on the eyes and lips. Quick bit of tinted moisturizer, bone colored eye-shadow, liquid liner, and mascara. Top it off with some lipliner and lipstick and your set! I can usually do my whole morning routine with brushing teeth and a quick filing of my nails and some cutical oil in 10-15 minutes. Its not perfect but you look mostly put together. Morning nap time is great for perfecting things a bit if needed. If you have no time usually some tinted moisturizer, a quick swipe of mascara, and some tinted lipgloss will do. lol

Mrs Beattie

New in Town
6 Children !!! Hats off to you lady. I looked at the vid and its almost exactly what I have been doing :)
I have had my very long hair cut to just about shoulder length and its been much easier to manage. I LOVE red lips and I have a gorgeous Chanel, red, but as I dont have a job outside the home it doesnt seem worth putting it on (although I know all ladies wore their make even if they didnt work, back in the golden age).

Lillemor

One Too Many
I don't have six children, only three. But I still understand the lifestyle and time issues. My emphasis is on make-up and I don't care that hardly anyone else sees it. It's about how it makes me feel. Not having the wardrobe and being unwilling to prioritize authentic vintage hairstyles because my hair's condition and healthy look is a top priority with me and don't get me started on my bloody scalp, I feel the make-up and accessories are the key to achieving a vintage look anyway.

I keep some top layers and long side bangs for the rare occassion where I try to channel the bouffant with flip look. Some updos are still possible and I think it can look very stylish, classic and appropriate the way Puzzicato's hair looks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou