Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
KittyT said:
Here's one from a few weeks ago - I'm still getting used to the new, shorter length and not being able to do my standard updo. Sorry if the front view is a little sloppy - this was after I got home from a wedding, so everything had flattened out a bit. The sides are pulled up with combs and the curls arranged to hide them.

DSC00296.jpg

DSC00306.jpg

Oh, I LOVE the back, KittyT! Very, very cute!

SheBear74

Practically Family
KittyT said:
Here's one from a few weeks ago - I'm still getting used to the new, shorter length and not being able to do my standard updo. Sorry if the front view is a little sloppy - this was after I got home from a wedding, so everything had flattened out a bit. The sides are pulled up with combs and the curls arranged to hide them.

DSC00296.jpg

DSC00306.jpg

Love your hair, and I reeeeally love your glasses!!! I wear contacts, but might wear glasses more if I had some like that ;)

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the compliments, ladies! I don't have much experience with hairstyles wearing my hair down, so it's nice to get some positive feedback :)

SheBear74 said:
Love your hair, and I reeeeally love your glasses!!! I wear contacts, but might wear glasses more if I had some like that ;)

Thanks! They are a modern company called Neostyle and this style is College 261. They're inexpensive frames that hold up remarkably well (they have them for $100 at http://eyeglass.go-optic.com). Check out other Neostyle styles as well - they make a lot of retro styles with a subtle cat's eye shape, for those of us who don't do as well in the clunky vintage plastic frames.

Mrs Cleaver

One of the Regulars
Absolutely gorgeous Kitty T!It's nice to see someone achieve a vintage style just with combs ,clever the way you hid them too.I love the litlle curl at the front too:) What method did you use to achieve your style?
ETA- i luv your lipstick colour!Really suits you!May i ask what it is please?

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Mrs Cleaver said:
Absolutely gorgeous Kitty T!It's nice to see someone achieve a vintage style just with combs ,clever the way you hid them too.

Thanks! I love combs! When my hair was long enough to do an updo, I still used combs to hold it up :)

What method did you use to achieve your style?
ETA- i luv your lipstick colour!Really suits you!May i ask what it is please?

I set it using medium-sized plain ol sponge rollers. The top section was curled back, the rest was curled down. I'm growing my bangs out, but they're not quite long enough yet, so I pincurl those instead, standing pincurls either straight down or to the side at a 45 degree diagonal - I don't remember.

The lipstick is a newish shade called "MAC Red" (by MAC, of course). It's creamy, and feels a bit better to me than the Russian Red, though it doesn't stay on as well, so I use a sealer over it and that does the trick.

andouta

New in Town
hey lovely ladies :)
i got myself a hairnet / snood...and i don't know how to use it....well what kind of hair do can i make myself.
so if you have some ideas ;)

Antje

One Too Many
Andouta for a simple snood style you could do a simple pomp in the front and just the snood in the back

Kitty T I'm also growing out my bangs it is terrible and I know one of these days I just want to cut them of again

dementedmomma

New in Town
Halle said:
Complete novice to the styles of the era's so excuse my lack of knowledge

Experimenting with 60's (bouffant)
1274130647-U8.jpg

1274131274-U8.jpg

Getting my friend to recreate Brigitte Bardot (no finished product this was in the middle of it and pre brushing out)
1274131115-U8.jpg

1274130942-U8.jpg

Hair bow (don't know what era I just had a little go but loved the outcome)
1274131220-U8.jpeg

i love the last one!!! do you have a tutorial on how to do that?

Puzzicato

One Too Many
Lillemor said:
Welcome andouta. I love the coloring in your photo.

Puzzicato. Your hair is very timeless. If you hair is naturally wavy that may be why I think so. I'd like to see a photo of your hair in a doughnut bun. They're both styles I liked in the past.

doughnutbun.jpg
this is the doughnut - it's really hard to take pictures of your own head!

Puzzicato

One Too Many
KittyT said:
The lipstick is a newish shade called "MAC Red" (by MAC, of course). It's creamy, and feels a bit better to me than the Russian Red, though it doesn't stay on as well, so I use a sealer over it and that does the trick.

MAC Red is my favourite. I find that if I've put lipliner (I use MAC Brick) all over my lips the lipstick doesn't budge.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
My hair for RetroRama. You can't see it that well because of the hat but it covers up alot of the horrible damage.
retrotammi.jpg

Here is My sister's hair. It came out well but I wanted to set it overnight and she wouldn't let me. This is with a curling iron. This pic also shows off the coolest tattoo in the world. IMO.
retrorama2.jpg

metromixretrorama.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skipbarnes