Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Rosie_Beau

One of the Regulars
Hailey Greenhat - my thoughts exactly! I was looking at Antje's pics and all I could think was how? Arrgh it's so pretty!

Rocky Horror - oh my gosh! I'm getting my hair cut off today. About 4 or 5 inchs I think. Thanks for the pic of your new hair. It's has helped me decide on the length I want. You look so nice!
xxx

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
SayCici said:
It's weird because it's just one side of my head that reacts that way! I think I may also be brushing them out too much. I'd never know you had trouble with your hair, though! I really liked your hair in that most recent photo you posted! Fingerwaves are another thing I need to work on. :x
Practice the fingerwaves!!!! Once you get the fingerwaves right, they go along way to making your overall 'do look good even if the curls are uneven or fall. If I don't brush them, the waves last 3 days and the rest of my hair will be mostly straight and it resembles the "real women" photos rather than star photos, which is fine by me.

SayCici

Practically Family
Thanks kamikat! What method do you use? I bought those wave clips a little while ago but before that I tried using just my fingers which is hard because my hands are small, haha.

Blondie

Practically Family
~Psycho Sue~ said:
Everyone looks so purty! :) :eusa_clap

I attempted this style from 1941 I saw on the blog "Beauty is a thing of the Past"

It's a big pompadour with a bang wave. I think it works.

30496_1393189282985_1629776159_9609.jpg

30496_1393190243009_1629776159_9609.jpg
Simply FAB !!!:eusa_clap

RichieDagger

New in Town
It's SUPER sloppy, and definitely wilted, but I was too lazy to wash and curl my hair today for my father's play. I just went with a sort of 'morning after' upsweep and front curl. Easy peasy ( or it should have been, were my hair not uber thick and coarse from bleaching. T__T )

28299_398661388762_553548762_4376647_6136053_n.jpg

Now just to hope my hair's more manageable for my photoshoot tomorrow. x_x

Mrs Cleaver

One of the Regulars
Richie ,that looks super cute!Good luck with the photo shoot & welcome to the forum:)
PsychoSue,i have to agree with Blondie i luv your hair,it looks fantastic,very authentic & you pull off that colour so well:)

RockyHorror

One of the Regulars
Rosie_Beau said:
Rocky Horror - oh my gosh! I'm getting my hair cut off today. About 4 or 5 inchs I think. Thanks for the pic of your new hair. It's has helped me decide on the length I want. You look so nice!
xxx
Thank you! I really love it, it's so much easier to style.

RichieDagger

New in Town
The shoot went great, thanks! The photographer definitely tried something new with my hair. Behold, my mini-beehive! (Be kind, it's still rather unedited.)

o8um1z.png

ZombieGirl

One of the Regulars
RichieDagger said:
The shoot went great, thanks! The photographer definitely tried something new with my hair. Behold, my mini-beehive! (Be kind, it's still rather unedited.)

What's to edit? You're gorgeous!

Annichen

Familiar Face
This is what my hair looks like when I throw together a fingerwave, this was done in about 20 minutes.
I have very long hair, to my thighs, so it is not exactly easy to make good looking fingerwaves :rolleyes:

I use the marcel wave clamps to make the waves, then I brush carefully with a comb, use some spray and put som clips in to shape the waves a bit to get rid of the square marks from the clamps.

I did not make much waves in the back this time.

Bilde2.jpg

Bilde17.jpg

Bilde32.jpg

Bilde18b.jpg

SugarKitten

One of the Regulars
I wish I had the patience to get better at styling my own hair - these looks are inspiring!

Annichen, your pics are amazing!

the new hair color:

Iphone123.jpg

That growing it out thing still hasn't happened. I'm sneaking closer to copping Psycho Sue's color though....

One person at work even notice the change. I'm so tempted to show up with it purple or something just to wake them up.

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
Ruth Taylor meets Ann Harding!!! :eusa_clap

Annichen said:
This is what my hair looks like when I throw together a fingerwave, this was done in about 20 minutes.
I have very long hair, to my thighs, so it is not exactly easy to make good looking fingerwaves :rolleyes:

I use the marcel wave clamps to make the waves, then I brush carefully with a comb, use some spray and put som clips in to shape the waves a bit to get rid of the square marks from the clamps.

I did not make much waves in the back this time.

Bilde2.jpg

Bilde17.jpg

Bilde32.jpg

Bilde18b.jpg

Rosie_Beau

One of the Regulars
RockyHorror said:
Thank you! I really love it, it's so much easier to style.

Do you have layers in it? Mine is too heavy even now I've had alot of the length taken off so curls fall out in literally minutes. I asked the hairdresser to just cut it straight to get rid of all the dead ends and then I would come back once I had decided what to do.

Annichen

Familiar Face
Amy Jeanne said:
Ann Harding!!! :eusa_clap

Oh yes, she had really long hair.
Does anyone know about any vintage or new 1920s/30s hairstyling books
for long hair?
When I watch films from mid 20s/early 30s most women still had quite long hair!
They just made various buns and braids etc. in the neck..but it looks like a ordinary short haircut with waves [huh]

PrairieSunrise

Familiar Face
Annichen said:

What a lovely updo! Can I ask what you used to secure the buns with? I have knee length hair and I'm having a really hard time figuring out 30/40's styles to do with it. I can't seem to recreate the look in my avatar I managed once.

Annichen

Familiar Face
PrairieSunrise said:
What a lovely updo! Can I ask what you used to secure the buns with? I have knee length hair and I'm having a really hard time figuring out 30/40's styles to do with it. I can't seem to recreate the look in my avatar I managed once.

Thank you!

I spray the braids with some serious hairspray before I roll them flat in the neck and use a lot of bobby pins and then spray again.
It takes a little practise and also if you have a vanity table behind you and a way to place a large mirror infront of you so that you can see what you're doing..well,that's swell:D
And gosh,it is hard to find good looks for long hair..

Voodoo Kitten

Familiar Face
I love your red!! I used to do red, but my hair is so long, it was too expensive to maintain...... but I do envy the redheads ;)

SugarKitten said:
I wish I had the patience to get better at styling my own hair - these looks are inspiring!

Annichen, your pics are amazing!

the new hair color:

Iphone123.jpg

That growing it out thing still hasn't happened. I'm sneaking closer to copping Psycho Sue's color though....

One person at work even notice the change. I'm so tempted to show up with it purple or something just to wake them up.

RockyHorror

One of the Regulars
Rosie_Beau said:
Do you have layers in it? Mine is too heavy even now I've had alot of the length taken off so curls fall out in literally minutes. I asked the hairdresser to just cut it straight to get rid of all the dead ends and then I would come back once I had decided what to do.
i don't have any significant layering, if you had more it would definitely have more body and take curls a little better, but I wanted mine to be pretty heavy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot