Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

moonmatrix

Familiar Face
ok kind of off topic but not really. I found where I got that giant knitting needle from. It was my Grandmothers, drum roll please, I was just told she used it to do her victory rolls back in the day!!! still laughing after that phone conversation with my grandfather.

Jitterbug

New in Town
I'm not really sure what I was trying to achieve here. aha

19wi82.jpg

But my friend dyed my hair a kind of auburn colour recently. I'm new here, i've been stalking this forum for ages ! It's just wonderful.

Grant Fan

Practically Family
Here is my hair yesterday It was me going for the Rita Hayworth look, but my bangs decided to be less then cooperative, but I liked it none the less.
Picture001.jpg

and here is a side view please excuse my ear poking out it was the clearest on and I has just scratched my ear.
Picture003-1.jpg

AdrianLvsRocky

One of the Regulars
My hissy fits stopped when I started using a very large knitting needle to role mine. Cheating I know but it works and they come out even. Yours look amazing by the way.

I use the handle of a blusher brush to do mine! Works a treat. I just roll the hair up around it and slide the brush out. I just cannot do them free-hand.

Grant Fan

Practically Family
Hi Grant Fan, great hair - please tell me it wasn't all your natural curl and that you had help from...hot rollers or pin curls or something?! :)

Toni I did have help from a curling iron but the wave in the front that is how it goes all on it's own I can't really ever seem to change that. But it isn't too far off, in the last year or so my curls have really calmed down quite a bit

Last edited:

Jasmine Jolene

One of the Regulars
STOP PRESS!!!!

i have had my first *ever* really successful wet pincurl set on my very curly hair! normally, it doesn't dry properly, i have kinks everywhere, it's not smooth, and although it holds the curl well, it just looks hmmmm, not very nice.

well i washed my hair last night, pinned and slept on it, and although it wasn't quite dry this morning, i blasted it with a hairdryer and it was fine.

i have lovely waves in soft, shiny hair! i am soooo pleased! i hardly used any product, just leave-in conditioner and some serum. the curls aren't as strong as usual, but to be fair, i prefer being able to brush out my hair in the morning and not have to put it up because the shirley temples won't relax for hours!!

i will try and upload a pic, i am really chuffed!

also been experimenting with fingerwaves, not very dextrous though!

AdrianLvsRocky

One of the Regulars
I love your overalls Tammylynn!

I recently had a kinda modified middy cut and did a set with perm rods over the weekend (as per the lovely Lolita Haze's tutorial). The curls had relaxed a lot by this point but...........

Front:

P1000915.jpg

Back:

P1000914.jpg

Excuse the gormless look on my face!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112