Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
Ruby, my husband and I were scrolling and we both stopped and said "Wow! She looks just like Kelly Bundy (Christina Applegate)!" even before we read the next comment. The resemblance is uncanny!

Tamamiko

One of the Regulars
The images are fantastic Ruby... What's your secret? Anytime I've ever done pin curles my hair has turned into a horrid frizzy mess...

Ruby Red

New in Town
The key is brushing it out out really really thoroughly first and then using a brush to sculpt the curls to flow the way you want. When I first took them out I had HUGE crazy hair, but I brushed it for about an hour and it finally started looking right. I have tons of hair so that is probably more brushing than others would need. Just keep brushing and the frizz will go away!

Land-O-LakesGal

Practically Family
So today I trying out a 30's do its is my second attempt and I would say mixed results with the the duc bill clips they seemed very loose so you can see in my set pictures were I attempted to bobby pin them down to hold the wave better. I have very straight hair it may be that this method works better for those with some natural wave in their hair.

Snapshot_20101221_2.jpg

Snapshot_20101221.jpg

Snapshot_20101222_6.jpg

Snapshot_20101222_7.jpg

I Adore Film Noir

A-List Customer
So today I trying out a 30's do its is my second attempt and I would say mixed results with the the duc bill clips they seemed very loose so you can see in my set pictures were I attempted to bobby pin them down to hold the wave better. I have very straight hair it may be that this method works better for those with some natural wave in their hair.

Snapshot_20101221_2.jpg

Snapshot_20101221.jpg

Snapshot_20101222_6.jpg

Snapshot_20101222_7.jpg

Very nice. You should try it next time with fingerwave clips:

http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&channel=s&q=vintage+finger+wave+clips&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&biw=1016&bih=541

crwritt

One Too Many

See how the clips are set in this picture?
cimg4751.jpg

One points forward, then one points back. It looks like the wave will be smoother.

Snapshot_20101221_2.jpg

I've got some of the wave clips but when I used them they couldn't grab enough hair. my hair is thick anyway.

Last edited:

Berlin

Practically Family
I wish I was skilled enough to handle finger wave clips; but alas. I keep practicing tho!

My hairdo for today;
Nothing special really, but one can't have a good hairday everyday.

blaa-1.jpg

blaa2-1.jpg

BoPeep

Practically Family
It looks nice, Land-O-LakesGal! I've tried it with only bobby pins, and that didn't work. But like crwritt mentioned, try using the clips to push the wave back and forth. Looks like lots of clips may be the key! Have fun!

LinaSofia

A-List Customer
m usual hair

Hi lovely ladies! You all look gorgeous! I'm new here, and thought I'd introduce myself with a couple of pics of my usual hair... I pretty much always wear pin curls, either down or up in victory rolls. BUT! I just got the vintage hairstyling book that lots of people rave about for xmas, so maybe my repertoire will grow now!!
the second pic is more recent, after I dyed my hair.

pin-curl2.jpg
me1.jpg

Shirin

A-List Customer
Kate O Potato, thanks doll. That's so kind of you to say.
Berlin; I was wondering if your hair has enough moisture? That is, it's not dry is it? If it's dry, of course you already know to use a good moisturizing shampoo. Or maybe you could use a different setting lotion. I'm using one by Proclaim, it's blue liquid. I'm not sure what's available in the Netherlands, but it may be worth another look around and see whats available.
My hair is pin strait and baby fine/soft. It would never ever hold a curl without the setting lotion. Yours has natural curl doesn't it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ