Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Penny Dreadful

One of the Regulars
Took this 5 minutes ago lol. About to go for our anniversary dinner, and I'm sure this will fall apart within minutes of stepping outside, so I had to preserve the moment.
248443_10150618842735012_597260011_18719388_1840701_n.jpg

Penny Dreadful

One of the Regulars
Lovely- Please share how you did it!
It was sort of a fluke lol first a pillow roller set with all the hair going down/towards the face. Then it didn't set evenly at all so I put in hot rollers the same way to touch it up. Everything brushed against the hand, turned under, and LOTS of hairspray. It doesn't usually turn out this good for me but it's a pretty simple routine that's nevertheless quite nice :)

Odalisque

A-List Customer
It was sort of a fluke lol first a pillow roller set with all the hair going down/towards the face. Then it didn't set evenly at all so I put in hot rollers the same way to touch it up. Everything brushed against the hand, turned under, and LOTS of hairspray. It doesn't usually turn out this good for me but it's a pretty simple routine that's nevertheless quite nice :)

I love those little "happy accident" hairstyles. The curls are just beautiful- I always have such a hard time with those big, sleek Lauren Bacall waves.
Well done :D

Penny Dreadful

One of the Regulars
I love those little "happy accident" hairstyles. The curls are just beautiful- I always have such a hard time with those big, sleek Lauren Bacall waves.
Well done :D
Me too, if only I could get it to stay that way! It always wants to separate right away into ringlets. So annoying.

nosferaturoams

Familiar Face
Ah! I rarely post photos but you all look stunning. Always difficult to show my face after any of you post :p
(Nothing special but better then one plain ol' ponytail)
I needed something to do with my growing bangs
utf-8BSU1HMDI3MDctMjAxMTA2MDQtMTczMS5qcGc.jpg

Vivi

New in Town
Hello lovely Ladies! I just rejoined after not being active for over a year!! Glad to be back, and hAppy to see all the wonderful hairstyles and inspiration! Keep it up! I'll be posting pics once I figure it out again, haha! Wonderful Wednesday to all!

SheBear74

Practically Family
That really is pretty! How did you roll the top? Rolled toward the back or the side away from your part?

Vivi

New in Town
Thank you!! I rolled it down away from the part towards my ear, when it gets stubborn, I use a curling iron to reshape and after, add a tiny bit of styling mud/pomade for frizzies or flyaways. I'm loving your hair and flower! Oh and I also comb it back then forward, and that gives me the volume at the top!

Last edited:

SheBear74

Practically Family
Thanks for the tip Vivi I will give that a try!

Thanks for the compliments ladies! I saw the pretty flowers at Joann's and had to bust out the hot glue gun.lol

Hey_Laaaaaady!

Familiar Face
Lovely hairdos, ladies! This thread is so inspiring. :)

I have a question, what length of hair would look best with a heart-shaped face? Mine is currently about four inches past my shoulder and it isn't holding curls well, and I think shorter hair would make it easier to achieve a more visibly vintage look. My mom says shorter hair will make me look younger, but I don't care (I guess...lol) Any ideas?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner