Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Berlin

Practically Family
Beautiful hair, ladies!

Thank you for the tutorial Antje- I can't wait to try this myself. You look very chic indeed.

Crwritt- Your rolls look great. Your tip about wrapping the roll around a mascara wand was incredibly helpful. I managed MUCH better rolls a couple days ago but wasn't able to take pictures unfortunately.

Lina Sofia- Your scarf hairdo is lovely, and your makeup is always so impeccable!

Berlin- Your platinum hair with those waves is just WOW.

Thanks so much for the compliments, it's really made my evening. As for my hair, I finally tried the hairband curling method. I think it is great for a quick, no fuss set. I still need to see if I can work out some kinks but otherwise this is a lazy girls best friend.

hairband3.jpg

Please excuse the sideways AND cell quality photo.
I can't figure out how to keep the photo rotated correctly in photobucket... It looks right in my album but switches back when I link it.

Thanks Miss!
You look a million dollars yourself!

Clabbergirl

One of the Regulars
hairband3.jpg

Please excuse the sideways AND cell quality photo.
I can't figure out how to keep the photo rotated correctly in photobucket... It looks right in my album but switches back when I link it.

Very nice! I love the nice ripply wave you've got going on the side there. May I ask, what texture is your hair? Course or fine?

TheRedSquare

New in Town
Very nice! I love the nice ripply wave you've got going on the side there. May I ask, what texture is your hair? Course or fine?

Thank you! My hair is fairly course. I must say... I was looking in the tutorial thread and I just love the way your hair turned out with the hairband method. I love how some of your natural wave came through above the band. I am going to try stacking two hairbands so I can get some curl closer to my roots in the back.

crwritt

One Too Many
Thank you! My hair is fairly course. I must say... I was looking in the tutorial thread and I just love the way your hair turned out with the hairband method. I love how some of your natural wave came through above the band. I am going to try stacking two hairbands so I can get some curl closer to my roots in the back.

I'm a fan of the head band set. Your hair came out very nicely! I've thought of doing a double headband, butjust haven't gotten to it yet. I wonder if it would stay put?

Clabbergirl

One of the Regulars

I thought you might have course hair. I could not get a wave like that unless I used very large sections of hair to wrap around the band, and even then, it might not look like ripples (my hair is fine if it wasn't obvious in the photo). And thank you about my set too - it looked better after I brushed more.

The idea of 2 bands is interesting. Please post photos if you try this. There are a lot of options for this if you think about it. Rolling the hair one direction on the top band, and the opposite on the lower, etc.

LinaSofia

A-List Customer
TheRedSquare - thank you for the compliment, you look fantastic yourself! You got great waves from the headband set. I love the thickness of your hair, your bettie bangs look so full - gorgeous!

poggleberry

One of the Regulars
TheRedSquare your hair is so glossy and has a nice wave, love your bangs.

This hairstyle was from the hair tutorial thread, 2 rolls and the plait from Casey from CaseysMusings, I've tried it a few times and it
gets easier every time.
It held up quite well, this was after a days work at my new job, I work in a fabric and haberdashery shop.

hairstyle003.jpg

hairstyle005.jpg

crwritt

One Too Many
TheRedSquare your hair is so glossy and has a nice wave, love your bangs.

This hairstyle was from the hair tutorial thread, 2 rolls and the plait from Casey from CaseysMusings, I've tried it a few times and it
gets easier every time.
It held up quite well, this was after a days work at my new job, I work in a fabric and haberdashery shop.

hairstyle003.jpg

hairstyle005.jpg
Your hair looks great!I always liked mine braided when it was long. Your job sounds like my dream job, at first, but then I remember working in a retail store, and change my mind...Still there are days I'd love to be surrounded by fabrics.

poggleberry

One of the Regulars
Thanks crwitt, I only work part time so my hours are easy, and I get to help customers with their projects which is really rewarding, this type of retail is a pleasure and the girls I work with are all great. My only problem is temptation!

SheBear74

Practically Family
Antje, you did it again!!! Stunning as always and I hesitate to add my pic after yours! :p
RockyHorror, I think you had post a pic of your updo with flowers under it, which is what inspired mine today. :D
DSCN3969.jpg

DSCN3965.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner