Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

zombi

A-List Customer
Awww, thanks both of you!!

Before I went to bed I reformed the wave a little, put on little wave clips, and rolled the length into big, rather messy pincurls -- I didn't section them off well or anything, just rolled 'em all up. I figured people might want to see how the set holds up on day two, and actually, it looked a lot nicer this morning. I've had to put it up for work (can't have my hair down!) but I took a photo or two to show you gal before I did so... excuse my face, this is the pre-powder version of a night shift nurse before work!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/katherynne/6205058221/in/photostream
http://www.flickr.com/photos/katherynne/6205056653/in/photostream/
and the back: http://www.flickr.com/photos/katherynne/6205569980/in/photostream/

Tatum

Practically Family
Oooh, it really did look nicer the second day! My second day hair was also pretty good, I wish I'd gotten a photo.

I'm envious of your gorgeous red hair, just so you know ;)

zombi

A-List Customer
I was honestly surprised at HOW much nicer it looked second day -- and now that I've come home from work, taken it down from the bun I'd twisted it into for the last 12 hours, and brushed with a boar bristle, I'm SHOCKED at how perfect it looks third day. I didn't take a photo and I'm going to just go to bed, what a waste of a gorgeous hair day. I plan to pin it back up loosely while I sleep and see how long I can stretch this. If it lasts through tomorrow, this will have been the most successful set I've ever done. EVER.

p.s. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww what a nice thing to say, Tatum. My natural strawberry blonde is not as pretty as this bright copper I get with the henna!!

zombi

A-List Customer
Haha, yes, of course!

I think that's really common for us strawberry blondes -- seems like I know a few who've had their hair seem more dull as they aged. I just always wished my hair were more COPPER, so I made it that way XD

Toni

New in Town
Hello ladies, I've not been around for a while and I've come back to discover the headband method which I've had a go at and will maybe post pictures tomorrow depending on how it comes out but I like the style even if the waves don't happen! I'm so pleased I came back to the lounge. All you ladies do such amazing styles, I wish I had the patience...

SAM_2727.jpg

SAM_2718.jpg

SAM_2712.jpg

crwritt

One Too Many
Hello ladies, I've not been around for a while and I've come back to discover the headband method which I've had a go at and will maybe post pictures tomorrow depending on how it comes out but I like the style even if the waves don't happen! I'm so pleased I came back to the lounge. All you ladies do such amazing styles, I wish I had the patience...

SAM_2727.jpg

SAM_2718.jpg

SAM_2712.jpg

Your hair looks so pretty and shiny in the back. Lets hear it for the headband set, or we could get fancy and call it a Gibson Roll.

SheBear74

Practically Family
This is what was left after a day of playing at the park then home to clean, I think it held up pretty well. Forgive the I am tired and ready to put my feet up look on my face. lol
IMG-20111003-00137.jpg

IMG-20111003-00138.jpg

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab

SAM_2727.jpg

SAM_2718.jpg

SAM_2712.jpg

Gorgeous Toni! I always love this look.
X
BD

Miss sofia

One Too Many
Toni - Very pretty! It's one of my favorite looks too.

Shebear - I know that face very well, as it's looking back at me in the mirror most mornings! Your hair looks lovely as ever though.

zombi

A-List Customer
Wow, Toni, that looks so pretty!! I hope it comes out nicely when you take it down :)

ETA: Lenore! It's GORGEOUS! It totally suits you.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
I spent a good chunk of the late summer with a long layered bob and Bettie bangs. I'm back to a middy and red hair.
6214515594_10f5071651.jpg

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Pretty, kami! I really like the red on you. The bow holding your bangs back is darling.

Lenore, that red really suits you, I love it. You remind me of Rosamund Pike. You're a doll!

Last edited:

RodeoRose

A-List Customer
Wow, you ladies have some impressive hair... I'm in awe/envy over here!

Toni, do you use a shine serum, or is your hair naturally that glossy? I recently dyed my hair back to black after a two-year break, but I'm struggling to make it dramatically shiny without compromising the curl-ability.

Also, perhaps it's just me, but Lenore, I think you look just like Ruby Keeler!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot