Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

SheBear74

Practically Family
Thanks! They are my favorite shoes. They are NOT vintage lol I actually found them at Rack Room Shoes a couple years ago. :D

MissLaurieMarie

One of the Regulars
Today I attempted faux Bettie bangs for the first time. For never doing them before and trying them without a tutorial, I think they turned out pretty well.

Boo, hiss to the crapy cellphone photo

jzqcd.jpg

SugarKitten

One of the Regulars
SheBear74 - Adorable! You're totally rockin' it in that photo. It's totally subtle-vintage style and it suits. Agreed, love the shoes.

MissLaurieMarie they look so good! how long is your hair that you rolled?

pineapplefruitcake I'm glad I'm not the only one. I'm so much better with other people's hair. I am horrid at pincurls, just so bad it's laughable. I don't seem to get as tight a set with hotsticks, so I'm hoping my luck will improve as I grow it longer (I'm growing it out for my best friend's wedding.) Then I can go right back to my pixie cut!

Retro_GI_Jane

One of the Regulars
34ovozo.jpg

This is a quick one I will upload a better picture today of this style

Oh, Antje! I love your rolls, so amazing and elegant! I'm not sure I have thick enough hair to do three rolls, so I'm quite envious of yours!

Miss Laurie, lovely do and I'm digging your pearls too! (I have lots of strands and wear them all the time!)

I've been so sick the past couple of weeks and am now just getting back on my feet and back to work, it's taking up a lot of my energy just to put a little make up on in the morning so that explains my radio silence and lack of photos for inspiration. Hoping I'll be able to at least set my hair once this coming week! It just does not feel the same now going with straight locks, I feel so underdressed.

SheBear74

Practically Family
Antje, how long are your bangs now? I am torn. I really do love having bangs but am thinking about letting them grow out a bit.

Antje

One Too Many
when I lett them down they reach to the pupil of my eye,
this is the most annoying stage there is
I wear them now alot sideswept that is more easy
I didn't wan't my bangs short when I'm in England to show the dogs
after that I don't know what to do with them

Flicka

One Too Many
Very nice!

Must say I envy people who can sleep without messing up their hair. Unless I sleep with rollers I wake up looking like I wrestled with a drunken baboon...

SheBear74

Practically Family
when I lett them down they reach to the pupil of my eye,
this is the most annoying stage there is
I wear them now alot sideswept that is more easy
I didn't wan't my bangs short when I'm in England to show the dogs
after that I don't know what to do with them

Mine are to my eyebrows when wet. Your rolls look so darn cute that I am wanting to grow them out even though I love them. lol

katiesparkles

One of the Regulars
I really need to kick myself in the butt and start doing my hair every day (maybe a motivation could be posting in this thread :D ). I am currently only styling it on the weekends due to lack of time (i get up at 6 am, and don't come home until around 7 pm on a good day) - sigh. Everyone in here looks A+!

Flicka

One Too Many
I really need to kick myself in the butt and start doing my hair every day (maybe a motivation could be posting in this thread :D ). I am currently only styling it on the weekends due to lack of time (i get up at 6 am, and don't come home until around 7 pm on a good day) - sigh. Everyone in here looks A+!

Oh, I know! I usually get up at 5 am and get home around 7 pm too. Some days I just don't wanna, but all in all, I find the routine of setting my hair each night is a time saver in the morning. That's a huge motivator for me.

katiesparkles

One of the Regulars
Oh, I know! I usually get up at 5 am and get home around 7 pm too. Some days I just don't wanna, but all in all, I find the routine of setting my hair each night is a time saver in the morning. That's a huge motivator for me.

Oh, most definitely! I do everything at night - well, showering that is. By morning my hair's air-dried, and I just brush it and either leave it straight/open or put it into a pony tail - boooring.
I'm terrible with hot tools (I swear, I tried many times and have no idea how you're supposed to curl your hair with a curling iron in the back. It just doesn't work!! :D) so when I do my hair, I always set it at night.

And wow, 5 am! I think I'd manage 5/5.30 if I could just go to bed before midnight once... I'm a night owl, and so is my husband. A good day for me is lights out at 11:30 pm. :( BOO!

Retro_GI_Jane

One of the Regulars
Finally getting the energy back to set my hair again. Earlier this week, I did a 50s poodle bang and ponytail 'do. I've been really into doing my bangs poodle style lately, but I think I like it best when it's with a bandana for a Rosie look; it seems like the bandana balances it the bangs out more but that could be I'm just not used to having bangs at all!

6926831233_959f319b05_z.jpg

6926846971_20a71f97c1_z.jpg

And then I decided to do the yellow foam rollers all over as opposed to the green I usually do. I had read somewhere recently that to get true vintage curls you need to start with small curls. I was skeptical because I was afraid of more frizz regardless of how much I brushed it out but other than taking a little longer to brush out and shape, it worked rather nicely and I did notice that it did add to a more vintage effect. So I sported a center part for a Hedy Lamar inspired 'do:

6926854565_21d4b9eca1_z.jpg

6926831283_729893de77_z.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails