Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Vera Godfrey

Practically Family
I am getting such inspiration from this thread. My hair is growing out and is in that "in-between" stage.

Everyone has such lovely 'do's!

Retro GI Jane-you are really rockin that snood! It looks fabulous!

SheBear-How long is your hair? Your updo is so cute!

MissLaurieMarie

One of the Regulars
Here's my hair today. I did a pair of victory rolls in the front and a roll in the back using the hairband method. The hairband method has never worked for curling my hair, but I do like it as a style in itself. Instead of wrapping my hair all the way around a headband that was the same colour, I just did the back and then victory rolls in the front.

Jan31_hair.jpg
Jan31_hairback.jpg

The only negative thing is that my hair is so short that it can come undone from the band and I still haven't figured out the best way to pin it in place.

SheBear74

Practically Family
Thanks Antje! :D

Vera, my hair is a few inches past my shoulders now. I have been growing it out from a pixie so I am sooo happy it's finally longer.

Ms. LaurieMarie I was just going to ask how you did the back. I haven't done the headband set in a while.

MissLaurieMarie

One of the Regulars
Thanks all, you're so sweet :D

Ms. Laurie Marie, have you thought about getting one of those "donuts" and cutting it into a rat? You can stick bobby pins right into it, so it would be easy to pin your hair at the back around, and it would look pretty much the same as this... I quite often do that with my hair!

Yes, I need to find some, thanks for the reminder!
I think there is a Sally Beauty in Edmonton, my closest city. I may stock up - some to cut, some to keep in a donut for buns. I'm also saving my own hair for a rat right now - I have so much of it and now that I only wash every three days I lose less in the shower, so I feel like I should stop "wasting" it. :D

katiesparkles

One of the Regulars
Thanks all, you're so sweet :D

Yes, I need to find some, thanks for the reminder!
I think there is a Sally Beauty in Edmonton, my closest city. I may stock up - some to cut, some to keep in a donut for buns. I'm also saving my own hair for a rat right now - I have so much of it and now that I only wash every three days I lose less in the shower, so I feel like I should stop "wasting" it. :D

i did this and it works like a charm! :)

edit: woops, no multi-quotes... this was in reference to cutting up a hair donut!

Flicka

One Too Many
Very pretty, MissLaurieMarie! It really makes me wish I had longer hair so I could do something similar. I used to have a donut with a button so it could be used etiher 'round' or like a straight roll. Really nifty!

My waves are slooooowly improving. This is a shot from last week:

IMG_0765.jpg

It's a wet set with foam rollers that I brushed out. So far that and "Lix Storm" are the only hairstyles I've managed.

MissLaurieMarie

One of the Regulars
Very pretty, MissLaurieMarie! It really makes me wish I had longer hair so I could do something similar. I used to have a donut with a button so it could be used etiher 'round' or like a straight roll. Really nifty!

IMG_0765.jpg

It's a wet set with foam rollers that I brushed out. So far that and "Lix Storm" are the only hairstyles I've managed.

Very nice! I've seen a few cute sets done with short hair lately (I was just drooling over this one on the blonde model in Modcloth's latest style book) and it's making me want to cut my hair. Must.....resist....

The button idea is so smart! I am going into the city this weekend and next, I must sneak in a trip to Sally Beauty!

I Adore Film Noir

A-List Customer

IMG_0765.jpg

Totally charming!

Flicka

One Too Many
Thank you! I've always been complete crap at doing my hair so I feel a little insecure. It's a relief to hear I don't look completely off!

SheBear74

Practically Family

IMG_0765.jpg

Very pretty!!!

Flicka

One Too Many
No, it's stick straight. It used to be curly, but since I started taking hormones it's been absolutely straight.

I used to wash my hair every day (at least once), but since I started setting my hair, I cut back to twice a week. On the nights when I don't wash it, I a light conditioner in the shower and rinse it through (before setting it with rollers and Lottabody). For some reason, that keeps it from looking greasy or unwashed, but I still find that it sets best on the last day. When it's newly washed, it gets frizzier and it's harder to get the waves. I just get fluffy curls instead.

Katinka von K.

A-List Customer
Flicka, your set looks lovely. I very much like the length on you.

I got les bettie bangs:
bangs1.png

happy happy happy! :)
I also got my middy cut but didn´t set it yet. So I have no idea if she did it right.
Btw, I took this picture without glasses to check if my eyes really look smaller with glasses on, as some mentioned that effect in the "make up for glasses" thread. They really do :eeek:

SheBear74

Practically Family
Flicka, your set looks lovely. I very much like the length on you.

I got les bettie bangs:
bangs1.png

happy happy happy! :)
I also got my middy cut but didn´t set it yet. So I have no idea if she did it right.
Btw, I took this picture without glasses to check if my eyes really look smaller with glasses on, as some mentioned that effect in the "make up for glasses" thread. They really do :eeek:

Not only do I love your bangs and hair color I am totally dig'in your eyebrows! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy