Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Antje

One Too Many
Wow I saw some amazingly great styles!!! here's mine a couple of days ago, I really need to colour my roots again

2ij673q.jpg

Piscesluna

New in Town
Hi everyone, This is my first post here.
I just did my first attempt at vintage styled hair and makeup.

Seeing as my hair is almost down to my waist I think I'll have quite a time trying pin curls and hot rollers. lol ;)

So for now this is where it's at for me.

As for the makeup this was my first time filling in my brows and wearing lipliner,

I'm no stranger to makeup but, my brows are fairly thick so I usually don't think I need it-
or that it looks too strong for my face.

But I have to admit that in this photo it looks nice and I think it helps to pull together the vintage look.

Oh, and please excuse my awful skin, I'm not wearing any base makeup at all. Eek! http://www.flickr.com/photos/76226750@N06/6989213811/http://flic.kr/p/bDBw7Z

Juliet

A-List Customer
Piscesluna, I think your hair turned out great! My rolls were certainly a lot messier on several first attempts! :rofl:
I also envy your eyebrows! :D

Antje, as gorgeous as ever!

katiesparkles

One of the Regulars
I can finally contribute! :)
Got my hair cut yesterday, and it's sooo much easier to set it now. It's a bit shorter than I wanted, but overall I really, really like it.

Voila:

newhairy.jpg

newhair2e.jpg

newhair3.jpg

Antje, you have such amazing skin. I'm sooo jealous! And I love your hair color!

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
I bought a set of Hot Sticks this weekend. My hair normally doesn't hold a hot set very well but I've been looking for an alternative to a wet set that takes 12 hours to dry so I can work out more and still look good. This is my first attempt. It's a but fluffier than I like but not too bad. I'll keep playing with it.
6843839414_4cb645940e.jpg

ColeV48

Familiar Face
I tried using rollers instead of pincurls the last two nights. I can't seem to have the patience to wait for my hair to dry enough before rolling, though. The back is always damp and not curly (a little bit of heat fixes that, thankfully). It does go up much faster than pincurls, however.
IMG_2270.jpg

IMG_2284.jpg

asentimentaljourney

New in Town
Hi ladies! I've finally gathered up the courage to post one of my sets. This is my first foam roll brush out after a U-shaped haircut. I was really happy with how it turned out
IMG_0410.jpg

Close up of the u-shape

IMG_0407-1.jpg

Last edited:

beth

Familiar Face
I have not set my hair very much in the last few months, life has kept me on my toes. You guys (it would take to long to list everyone) all have such beautiful hair. I am in awe of all the sets. Thank you for the inspiration!

HannahJane

Familiar Face
Today's hair style is a bit of an ongoing experiment for me. I want to find a way to wear a beret while having my hair up. All my other attempts seem to end up with the beret balanced loosely on my head which, even if I can make it look alright, it's very practical. However, I think I might have cracked it this time!
IMAG0052.jpg

IMAG0054.jpg

SheBear74

Practically Family
Love how your beret looks with the flowers and it all goes beautifully with your dress!

My bangs are long enough to wear up or down now which I love the options. :D I am going to grow them out a bit more though so the front rolls go up a bit easier.

IMG_20120319_094508.jpg

IMG_20120320_163107-1.jpg

SheBear74

Practically Family
I actually left my hair down today. We will see how long that lasts. lol It's supposed to be in the high 80s so I am sure it will be up by afternoon.
IMG_20120322_102332.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran