Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Alice~

One of the Regulars
I loved it. But I didn't like the hours I had to wait for the curls to dry. I think I'll try a curling iron next time. Will this be as succesful, in terms of hold in the curls?

This is totally dependent on your hair type and the products you use. If you have normal to thin hair it might work well, but you'll still struggle to get the same hold from heat as you would from an overnight/several hour wet set. Would love to see some of your looks! :)

fgradowski

One of the Regulars
I think I got my pin curls to look decent this time around. I used nothing on my hair because I am out of setting mousse and gel! I just used hairspray once I brushed the curls out. I have the straightest hair EVER. There is no curl to it naturally at all. Please excuse my no makeup face. I have been sick since Wednesday and didn't got out today at all.

1503942_10202031963113995_323071682_n.jpg

Alice~

One of the Regulars
Wouldn't have guessed you've been unwell, you look lovely :) I really like your hair - an especially great result from no setting lotion at all!

vintageTink

One Too Many
Have you tried using a pomade afterwards? I find that that helps with frizzy situations. Or sometimes you just need to keep brushing.
I haven't found a good pomade that helps yet. Fine, thin, resistant hair that takes forever to curl!

Do you use anything for height? I have to tease like mad. It's easier if I've done pin curls and sprayed hairspray first.

fgradowski

One of the Regulars
I haven't found a good pomade that helps yet. Fine, thin, resistant hair that takes forever to curl!

Do you use anything for height? I have to tease like mad. It's easier if I've done pin curls and sprayed hairspray first.

I just tease like crazy too. Yesterday I set my pin curls up instead of laying flat to my head and that helped a lot! But I still teased and hair sprayed like crazy.

vintageTink

One Too Many
I just tease like crazy too. Yesterday I set my pin curls up instead of laying flat to my head and that helped a lot! But I still teased and hair sprayed like crazy.
Pin curls make my hair frizzy, like a surprised poodle.
But if I use rollers (wet set or heated) I get curls though not long lasting. I need to pick up (or make!) pillow rollers.

fgradowski

One of the Regulars
I got a pretty decent pin curl result a few weeks ago. It's still not perfect, but it's looking better! I definitely think that vintage hair is like nail art: practice makes perfect!

1460204_10202053770739172_285563512_n.jpg

Vera Godfrey

Practically Family
vintageTink-I have found to reduce frizzies when I pin curl that I need to use more hair in the curl. I still get a good set, but the frizzies are greatly reduced.

wahine

Practically Family
I got a pretty decent pin curl result a few weeks ago. It's still not perfect, but it's looking better! I definitely think that vintage hair is like nail art: practice makes perfect!

View attachment 7945

Very pretty! Great make-up, too.

VintageTink, the expression "like a surprised poodle" is hilarious! I imagine a pink poodle poppin up (there once was a commercial spot, I can't remember what for).. The other day, my sister said I sound like a frightened rabbit (my nose was blocked, and made a funny noise). I loved the idea, but a surprised poodle surely beats that. :)

itsalovelyday

New in Town
Everyone's hair is truly gorgeous in this thread! I spent the afternoons of a good two weeks working my way through this thread.

This is my everyday pincurl set. I try different things all the time and always come back to this. My hair is well past my shoulders in length but it just bounces right up with pincurls. Never ceases to amaze me.
399rWLQ.jpg

And this was my Christmas quickie hot roller set that I ended up loving way more than expected (and have successfully duplicated several time since). My partner said I looked like Christmas morning itself! :eek:
KqteqcI.jpg

vintageTink

One Too Many
Very pretty! Great make-up, too.

VintageTink, the expression "like a surprised poodle" is hilarious! I imagine a pink poodle poppin up (there once was a commercial spot, I can't remember what for).. The other day, my sister said I sound like a frightened rabbit (my nose was blocked, and made a funny noise). I loved the idea, but a surprised poodle surely beats that. :)

I'd have liked to hear that noise. :lol:

Itsalovelyday, your hair is lovely! Do you have a set pattern?

BettyMaraschino

Familiar Face
I'd be interested in your setting pattern too, Itsalovelyday! It looks like it would work well for my "growning out" length hair :)
(sorry Im usually more of a lurker on here. Thought it was time I bothered to post something :) )

Vera Godfrey

Practically Family
Here's today's hair:

004.jpg front
008.jpg back

Two notes: 1) please excuse the frizzies...it's the end of the day and 2) I'm not really that short! I had to kneel down for the picture.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo