Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

MissNathalieVintage

Practically Family
Last edited:

fgradowski

One of the Regulars
I recently had this good hair day:
20141022_095048.jpg
My hair is SUPER long now. I believe it is the longest it has ever been. In the past my hair always started to look stringy and gross when I grew it out. This long hair is great for braids and non-vintage hair, but I have the immense urge to chop it off into a middy! My only problem is that I don't trust anyone to know how to cut a middy the right way. )=
And here is a very old picture from when I had short hair and first got into vintage styling. This had to have been early high school:
swoop.jpg

swanson_eyes

Practically Family
I don't know what I'm going to do. Mine is inching past waist and I'm not planning on any big cuts. I guess I'll have to do finger waves and buns or rolls and...bottom rolls? I'm sure there were ladies of the time who had very long hair, but I can't find any pictures of them. At least wet sets shrink my length by half a foot.

Fofi

New in Town
This moning for the irst time, I experienced poodle curls... I guess my hair was too wet when I set it in rollers (and left it for about 18 hours to curl!)
It was horrible, all frizzy and tangly... After fighting for a good half hour I managed to make 2 victory rolls to hold the mess back, and I had to brush it for ages before it was ok to go out! Well, here is what I ended up with... Considering that fact that I'm terrible at victory rolls (I'm only beginning to be able to wear them in public) and the state of my hair when I took the rollers off, I'm rather proud of myself, even though it is still very frizzy!

20150629_114537.jpg
20150629_114623.jpg

Alice~

One of the Regulars
12341355_921241251324556_7547004164317669085_n.jpg

It's been a long time since I shared my hair! I'm all one length at the moment and struggling to hold a good style for more than a few hours. Desperately trying to get a middy cut, as I think it would take a lot of weight off and help me keep lovely waves for longer. <3

Alice~

One of the Regulars
A hair update... I went to a salon who said they could do vintage hair cuts but they absolutely butchered my hair and I lost so much length! But afterwards, I found an AMAZING hair stylist at The Little Vintage Beauty Parlour in Nottingham, who gave me a proper cut. A lot shorter than I'd have liked but I do like the shape!

944958_944565302325484_1093584546323325970_n.jpg

Lenore

Practically Family
A hair update... I went to a salon who said they could do vintage hair cuts but they absolutely butchered my hair and I lost so much length! But afterwards, I found an AMAZING hair stylist at The Little Vintage Beauty Parlour in Nottingham, who gave me a proper cut. A lot shorter than I'd have liked but I do like the shape!

Adorable!!!!

Barbigirl

Practically Family
Your hair looks amazing bravo
Thank you Grant Fan!

My younger daughter is getting married in November. They have picked a 1920s location as the venue so now I am trying to come up with a more 30's look for that event. I may have to cut my hair off.

Last edited:

Grant Fan

Practically Family
Thank you Grant Fan!

My younger daughter is getting married in November. They have picked a 1920s as the venue so now I am trying to come up with a more 30's look for that event. I may have to cut my hair off.
You can get a pretty good 20s look with longer hair. Also the style you did might work. Downton abbey may have some good ideas for you

Alice~

One of the Regulars
13000274_1002213953227285_8953228897789961751_n.jpg

Shorter than ever before! For the first time ever, my sets last several days. All that time playing with setting lotions and pincurl patterns and all I really needed was short hair. ;) This haircut is courtesy of The Little Vintage Beauty Parlour in Nottingham, UK. I've curled the front section backwards/upwards and the back and sides all under.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko