Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
This is nothing too spectacular. But we're going antique shopping today and this is me:

l_cec9c0ac94fd9d6dca5194553c493965.jpg

I thought it was cute so I thought I'd share. Hopefully I'll get something good today! :)

Christine

New in Town
ohairas said:
Christine, this works for some so you can give it a shot.. Wash your hair and then put conditioner in it and comb thru with a vent brush or large tooth comb while in shower or whatever. Rinse. Then sling your head up and down really hard and/or side to side. This will break your hair up into tendrils. DON'T pick or comb after that. Lightly towel dry by scruching, trying not to disturb anything. Scrunch in a soft mouse or spray gel meant for curls. Let dry naturally or difuse using a HUGE bowl type difuser, the kind with "fingers" in it. Scoop up some hair and hold it close to your scalp for a few seconds. Then take it all the way out and go to another section.
You could also try sectioning your hair after you get out of the shower to dry into like say, 10 ringlets instead of a zillion.

That may help for an every day type look, or a quickie... but I also second the magnetic rollers for the smoothest, sleekest curls and waves.

Those of you with shorter layers and such, really try to think outside the box. If your hair is good and teased up and sprayed, you can mold it into almost anything. It usually doesn't have to be long, you just have to fake it. If I can figure out someone to help me video some do's, I'll show y'all some tricks!

Beautiful pics girls, and hello to the newbies!!

Nikki

:) Thanks for the tip. I'll definitely try that the next time I wash my hair. I've run out of curling polishing serum, which works really well, so i'll remember to get a bottle before I wash it again.

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
NicolettaRose said:
How do you do those rolls? They are so nifty looking.

There are countless threads on this particular subject--just do a search and take your pick. As has been mentioned before, the Lounge is a site with a wealth of information. With so many members, quite a few common topics have been discussed, so be sure to carefully read each question and answer to avoid posting a duplicate question, and to save yourself some time as well.

pretty faythe

One Too Many
I was playing with my hair this morning with some things runnng through my mind. I remeber Daisy saying that she uses a curling iron to do her rolls, and looking at some of JBDs pics she has some that are mixed rolls (forward and reverse). So here is my attempt using both of those.
Photo0008.jpg

Photo0010.jpg

I didn't set my hair last night, so it's on the flat side today, curling iron curls go flat on me in seconds, I have stubborn stubborn hair.
Though my hair is a bit longer from when I started playing with it a few months ago, the annoying short sides are sometimes a pain, so I have some sad looking flowers in my hair to try to hide that they dont blend in. I didn't set my hair last night, so it's on the flat side today, curling iron curls go flat on me in seconds, I have stubborn stubborn hair.
My daughters are flower thieves and I couldn't find any other ones. lol

Honey Doll

Practically Family
COLD Curling Irons for rolls

If I am doing rolls, I will set my hair first and brush it out, then do rolls using a COLD curling iron just to get the shape. I wrap the hair up and then carefully work it off the barrel.. pin in front and back.

image_01855.jpg

Honey Doll

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Faythe and Honey your hair looks FAB!! I absolutely love it and it's just the change I needed.. thanks gals!
Nikki

epr25

Practically Family
Honey Doll said:
If I am doing rolls, I will set my hair first and brush it out, then do rolls using a COLD curling iron just to get the shape. I wrap the hair up and then carefully work it off the barrel.. pin in front and back.

image_01855.jpg

Honey Doll

I was wondering if you do any back combing in the front to get the heigth. I want to do this but I just can not seem to find the right placing.

GoldLeaf

A-List Customer
Wow, Honey and Faythe, you look amazing! Such an inspiration! I am getting my hair trimmed today to try and keep a style while it is growing out. I will have to play when I get home! You are just too cute!

Honey Doll

Practically Family
Use a BIG barrel

epr25 said:
I was wondering if you do any back combing in the front to get the heigth. I want to do this but I just can not seem to find the right placing.

I do the rolls after having brushed out the set...so its a vigorous brushing, but I didn't back comb. I use the curling iron cold just as a tool for rolling up the hair. (If I used it hot, it would smooth out the lift I intentionally put in my hair by doing a set first...if that makes sense). My hair is pretty thick and with the set in back combing for me isn't necessary, but I'm sure you could if you needed more lift.

I use a **BIG** barrel curling iron to do it. I make a deep part in my hair and grab up the middle section, comb, clench with the BIG barrel, curl up...gingerly slide off holding the roll at the front and back with my free hand and then 2 pins. The side curls would be from the hair to the right of my big part and roughly the same amount on the other side of the big roll (I don't know if that helps you visualize how I section it).

For me, setting first is pretty necessary, otherwise I lose the lift and the cold curling iron won't grab. Hope that helps.

Honey Doll

Amber DeCadence

One of the Regulars
now I am in a pickle! I could really use a pick me up so thought I would do something with my hair, question is do I continue to grow it so its all one length and I can do the fab rolls I am seeing here or do I get the blunt fringe I am toying with cut in - am I that brave?

Photomuse

Familiar Face
I'm loving those forward rolls... I always do back.

I use a curling iron too... though here I am a photographer and I never have a pic to show :eek:

pretty faythe

One Too Many
Amber DeCadence said:
now I am in a pickle! I could really use a pick me up so thought I would do something with my hair, question is do I continue to grow it so its all one length and I can do the fab rolls I am seeing here or do I get the blunt fringe I am toying with cut in - am I that brave?

My hair is at the growing out stage. The front lengths are sooo much longer, especially what would be considered the bangs area. Just remember, what ever you do, hair spray is your best friend. lol. I usuallly have to spray the sides above my ears to make it blend in 'cuz believe me, they dont go into the rolls.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou