Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

NoirDame

One of the Regulars
My Day to Day Look (hair)

No vintage clothing...it was 96 degrees and I was sightseeing. Also, due to that fact, the pincurls around the neck started to fall.
DSCN0261.jpg

I have no neck in this picture...What a bad angle! Anyway, it shows my waves best.

DSCN0298.jpg

I usually always do a waved pomp with pincurls in back. Sometimes if I am lazy, I just do the pomp and pull the rest back in a low ponytail and fix with a bow. My hair is almost long enough to cut a middy cut.

ShortClara

One Too Many
Lolita, if I had looked like you as a blonde, I would have kept my hair that color!! :) :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Fellow Clara, thanks babe!

And Noir, I think you look great - nice waves! And I love your pic with the bear - I find myself unable to pass up taking pictures when I can pose with animals, statues, silliness :cheers1:

ClaraB

One of the Regulars
NoirDame,
Your hair is wonderful, I am so envious of your well defined waves and your color. Absolutely superb. Well done!

And to I'mOldFashioned,
Thank you for your flattering complements, you are too kind!

NoirDame

One of the Regulars
ClaraB said:
NoirDame,
Your hair is wonderful, I am so envious of your well defined waves and your color. Absolutely superb. Well done!

And to I'mOldFashioned,
Thank you for your flattering complements, you are too kind!

I use those long thin metal clips (called fingerwave clips oddly enough!). I section my hair in the front and let the wet (WET! not damp) hair "pool" into ripples where I place a clip. For the sides, I sweep them up loosely on the sides and just stick a clip in the middle and bobbie pin the top. The next day I cheat and use a curling iron to roll the sides under (only time I use an iron). I let it air dry or in a pinch use a hairdryer.

It is time to dye again. I am trying to keep it this color and not go too dark.

NoirDame

One of the Regulars
About Wet Sets!

Daisy Buchanan said:
It seems like no matter how hot they are or how long I leave them in, my curls go limp after about a half a day. By the end of the night my curls are usually completely gone. But, I'd rather use this method every day then sleep in a wet set. Wet sets definitely last longer, but not long enough for me to give up a good night sleep!

I am in love with wet sets. For me, it takes fifteen minutes to do my shoulder length hair and with the flat 'klippies' it is not hard for me to sleep in pin curls. Rollers I could never do.

Also, I love that I'm not damaging my hair, it feels soft and luxurious and it stays in. In the case of a wet set pomp, the waves stay until a washing...the curls will loosen into waves if slept on.

If you have not given klippies a try, please do! I really can't say enough about less time prepping the hair and longer lasting results (for me anyway...curling my hair makes me so tired....I can sit in front of the tv and do pincurls).

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Whoa! Trying to catch up here! Lots O beauty!!
Nori, your pomp waves are just amazing, you look great!
ClaraB very elegant!
Lo, poop-shmoop. You nev-ah look bad!

Ok, so here's my latest. Not golden era at all. 1850-60's Godey's style, lol! My home town is celebrating 150 years. Like Lo said.. these were taken after wearing it all day do it's a bit crooked and frazzled. I feel like I look like poop because I didn't wear eyeliner or too much makeup to look more natural.. ugh! LOL!
Nikki
1298092246_587d1abfa6.jpg

1298085782_a7a5b4f73c.jpg

1298099322_66267ab426.jpg

And this is my mom and I. Her hair is really short and layered, like 4 inches around, with wedged back. I put her front in combs, added the snood and filled it with my cousin's hair that I had cut off for Locks of Love, haha!
1299179227_59e9617ab4.jpg

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Yep! The braid is fake. Here's another pic. I had to get up and do it all over again today! I'm exhausted, and sunburned. (so NOT a lady, lol!)
1308898040_2be8e1805d_o.jpg

~*Red*~

Practically Family
Nikki, that waver is rad! It's crazy the things they have made in the past to do hair. I'm always fascinated by it. And I LOVE you hair!!! I'm so glad you said the braid was a piece because I spent a good 20 minutes examining the pics to figure out where that braid started and ended and couldn't find it. I can usually look at a pic and figure out the do, but that braid was throwing me for a loop! My mom and I were adoring the pics of you and your mom.

Josephine

One Too Many
Can we post hairdo's in progress? :) My MIL brought over her soft bonnet hair dryer for me yesterday, and since I don't have any rollers, I rolled my hair around a tube I had and put clamp type hair pins in it. To the Pictures!

Rolls01.gif
Rolls02.gif
Rolls03.gif

1. I use regular wrapping tissue paper for the ends. Have to be careful not to get them too wet though. The tube is a "test tube" type thing filled with bath crystals I got from someone in a gift basket

2. Sectioning off my hair. I went over the top of my head, ear to ear.

3. Tissue at the end, ready to wrap!

Rolls04.gif
Rolls05.gif
Rolls06.gif

4. Curling hiar is srs buizness. Srsly.

5. Front is done! I did three on one side, two on the top, and then just two on the other side. I have on clip at each end of the curl to hold it in place.

6. I did four rolls in the back, as I was running out of clips. Look at those roots! O.O I henna'ed yesterday, and it isn't oxidized all the way yet.

Rolls07.gif

All rolled up and ready to dry. :D

I'll post pics of the finished style when it's done. I think I'll try rolls. If they don't work, something a la Vicki Lake.

gluegungeisha

Practically Family
Josephine said:
Can we post hairdo's in progress? :) My MIL brought over her soft bonnet hair dryer for me yesterday, and since I don't have any rollers, I rolled my hair around a tube I had and put clamp type hair pins in it. To the Pictures!

Rolls01.gif
Rolls02.gif
Rolls03.gif

1. I use regular wrapping tissue paper for the ends. Have to be careful not to get them too wet though. The tube is a "test tube" type thing filled with bath crystals I got from someone in a gift basket

2. Sectioning off my hair. I went over the top of my head, ear to ear.

3. Tissue at the end, ready to wrap!

Rolls04.gif
Rolls05.gif
Rolls06.gif

4. Curling hiar is srs buizness. Srsly.

5. Front is done! I did three on one side, two on the top, and then just two on the other side. I have on clip at each end of the curl to hold it in place.

6. I did four rolls in the back, as I was running out of clips. Look at those roots! O.O I henna'ed yesterday, and it isn't oxidized all the way yet.

Rolls07.gif

All rolled up and ready to dry. :D

I'll post pics of the finished style when it's done. I think I'll try rolls. If they don't work, something a la Vicki Lake.

I'm excited to see the outcome!

Josephine

One Too Many
gluegungeisha said:
I'm excited to see the outcome!

Well, it didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped, the curls in the back were to big, I think, and one was still damp and fell out. And I brushed it like I thought I was supposed to do, and now it's slightly wavy. Is that right? And I left the camera on so the battery is dead! I have to recharge it... Bleh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy