Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

LadyDarkEyes

New in Town
All of you women here have such beautiful hairstyles!

my hair is mia farrow-short right now and I wish it would grow faster so I could start curling and looking amazing like you all!

hepkitten

One of the Regulars
I've always been intimidated by my hair -- it's got a mind of its own, and it frizzes at the drop of a hat. But I've got a vintage event coming up next spring and I figure if I start now, I might just be able to pull it off... I just want to say, you ladies are downright inspirational!

Johanna

One of the Regulars
ohairas said:
1828447399_2da78d814b.jpg

G]

This is so beautiful!

~*Red*~

Practically Family
Nikki! Your hair is just gorgeous!!! You always come up with great ways to style all that beautiful long hair!

pretty faythe

One Too Many
I've been playing with sponge curlers lately and remembering why I don't particulary care for them. #1, the indention they leave in my hair #2, they always snap apart :rage: I know I know, smaller sections for the snap problems, then I'd have to buy hecka loads of curlers, darn hair, even though its not particularly long, its thick..... but how do you roll it to not have indention marks????

~*Red*~

Practically Family
Pretty Faythe, have you tried the foam rods? They do not leave indentations marks. Or the "rag" type rollers. Thjose wrap snap and go's should work well too.

Hillocks

New in Town
Nikki, your hair look gorgeous! (Turning green of jalousy :p )

I tried to curl my hair today. But since it's really thick and heavy it usually never stays longer that 30 sec. But today that was long enough to take a picture.
I used the hot water curlers, first time I tried those. And for tomorrow I've got sponge rollers to try.

But I'm trying harder to talk my parents in of getting a perm. My dad's allright with it but my mom ain't. The hairdresser said that my hair probably even woudn't hold a perm, do the hairdressers overhere got any advice about it?
And if I take one, what should hold longer, little curls or the big ones?
thanks in advance! Anne

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
ohairas said:
Thank you, thank you, thank you girls!

:eek:fftopic: Deco, the Scarlett doll isn't a Barbie, she's the 16 inch vinyl by Franklin Mint. I run a group for her as well, you may be interested!
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ScarlettOharaVinylPortrait/
Many of her fashions are discontinued but you can still find them on the bay.
Uh, you know what... that doll in the background is actually a Gene doll wearing one of Scarlett's dresses. ;) Here's a closer look of Gene.. I did her hair, does that count for on topic? hehe..
1836388196_e93d7baa59.jpg

I can't wait till I wear this dress myself!
Nikki
:eek:fftopic:
Are you a doll collector?
I have a very Schizophrenic doll collection.
Your'e hair is lovely also.

Moodle

New in Town
Since it's already dark here at the night-owl time of 4:30 pm, this photo is rather crap. BUT, it's my second attempt at pin-curl-ness (we...won't speak about the first try...), and I want a RECORD OF THIS! Hee.

experiment.jpg

I was horrified when I first took them out--frizz city!--but I rather like it now. Maybe next time I'll even get photographic proof of it in daylight...

Fifties*Freak

Familiar Face
I love looking at everyones hair! This is my first post but I have been lurking for about a month. Here is my updo... my hair is really long about 2 inches under my bum. So all I mainly do are updo's. Does anyone have any suggestions on a good vintage 40's or 50's hairstyle that I can do and leave my long hair down?
Picture4864_004.jpg

Picture4866_003.jpg

Picture4865_003.jpg

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Hillocks said:
I tried to curl my hair today. But since it's really thick and heavy it usually never stays longer that 30 sec. But today that was long enough to take a picture.

Think and heavy hair will hold curl much, much better if you have layers cut into it!

Hillocks

New in Town
KittyT said:
Think and heavy hair will hold curl much, much better if you have layers cut into it!

Thanks Kitty! I've already got it layered, they tried to make it thinner with some kind of cutting technice. And one of the curls is still holding. That must be a record!
I made it moisty, put some brylcream in it then a hot curler. I have to say the best turn out an longest result untill now :eek:

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Hillocks said:
I made it moisty, put some brylcream in it then a hot curler. I have to say the best turn out an longest result untill now :eek:

I would try using a setting lotion like Lottabody and doing a dry set instead. Setting lotion will really help your curls hold longer. Brylcream will add shine, but it won't give you hold.

Hillocks

New in Town
KittyT said:
I would try using a setting lotion like Lottabody and doing a dry set instead. Setting lotion will really help your curls hold longer. Brylcream will add shine, but it won't give you hold.

Setting lotion, down in The Netherlands we only got gel, hairspray, spray gel, brylcream as far as I know. But I never asked the hairdresser... hmm.
My new goal is finding setting lotion thank you for your reply!

lyburnum

Practically Family
If you really can't find setting lotion you could always make your own with flaxseed/linseed. Otherwise you could order it over ebay (lottabody seems to be the ladies lotion of choice!)

lyburnum

Practically Family
Antje said:
Well I love your hair also, esspecialy your fringe or bangs how do you call that

do you cut your bangs yourself or does someone do it for you.
I mostely do it myself cause my coleges don't understand my idea about how i want it.

antje

I cut my bangs myself, but my hairdresser always knows what I want when I do go see her (not much at the moment as I'm growing my hair) - but it always helps to go along with photos.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Fifties*Freak said:
I love looking at everyones hair! This is my first post but I have been lurking for about a month. Here is my updo... my hair is really long about 2 inches under my bum. So all I mainly do are updo's. Does anyone have any suggestions on a good vintage 40's or 50's hairstyle that I can do and leave my long hair down?
Picture4864_004.jpg

Picture4866_003.jpg

Picture4865_003.jpg

Wow! Your hair is gorgeous.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot