Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

~*Red*~

Practically Family
It looks great!!!! Oh please take a pic with your pretty new dress and new 'do!!

My sides are not quite long enough to stay in a french roll.. maybe 1 more inch!:eusa_doh:

Antje

One Too Many
6ldzfbn.jpg

6wxzn7a.jpg

My hairdo today,

hope you like it

~*Red*~

Practically Family
Looking good! The thing that sucks about red hair, they don't make matching bobby pins... so you have to work harder to "hide" them. I've been finding since I've gone back to dark hair, I don't have to hide them so much... they camoflage easier. But I sure miss red hair.. especially when I see your beautiful color Antje!:D

Antje

One Too Many
~*Red*~ said:
Looking good! The thing that sucks about red hair, they don't make matching bobby pins... so you have to work harder to "hide" them. I've been finding since I've gone back to dark hair, I don't have to hide them so much... they camoflage easier. But I sure miss red hair.. especially when I see your beautiful color Antje!:D

thank you for your comments
O Yes Red I know, it's somethimes so difficult to hide those bobby pins,
This was a first try to do some roles a different way,

I'm glad that i Can make victory rolls now whitout bobby pins showing.
Red hair is really great but i'm a natural blonde so it is very frustrating when my roots start to show, I have to collor my hair quit a lot

Antje

One Too Many
Well when I did the rols at first it looked very strange, the middle role was standing real high at the exact middle of my head so that looked a little silly, but i flattened it with a couple of bobby pins it turned out like this.

a little more flat, then I just went out and hear about reactions, I did'nt get any because maybe they're used to it by now.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
I love your hair Antje. the rolls and the color are great. I miss being a redhead but I paid dearly for it. Now I am just sticking with my natural brownish/blackish/redish mud colored hair.

Lilredrooster

Familiar Face
1940's hair

i was looking on the internet and found this websight
www.miss-vintage.com and it has a lot of good info and nice pictures but they also had this
<edited to remove the link to the 1940's hair book, which is still under copyright protection>
on there, great info!

sophia la shok

One of the Regulars
Red! ---thanks for the advice. i'll have to invest in a smaller barreled curler. i have one but it's only really the right size to use for victory rolls. i shall have to practise. i keep falling back on foam sticks in a wet set overnight except they really, really hurt and turn me into an insomniac. so an alternative would be nice. and whilst i'm a dab hand at the old pin curls, that back section gets me everytime.
lol

PS

A-List Customer
lyburnum said:
I tried ever so hard to get a decent photo of my hair, but this was the best I could do:

61954394cq8.jpg

OhMyGod! That is just breathtaking!

Hillocks

New in Town
All you girls look just great!
Some wonderfull ideas for the holidays ;)
Antje as everybody else I love the use of the rolls!
lyburnum it's just breathtaking! You used all your hair for those 3 curls?

The Shirt

Practically Family
I really adore seeing photos with fringe and rolls. I am in that in-between land where the older I get I think I need to keep my bangs down to look younger. I can do rolls with my bangs pulled back/up but I am not so sure how to do rolls with bangs/fringe. Seeing all these photos really helps with ideas. Just adorable ladies.

Lilredrooster

Familiar Face
hair help

I need some ones opinion and what a better place to come but here! I want to try something new but not to far out there, im in hair school right now and just want a change, I have natural red hair and so I don’t want to do to much because I really love love love my red hair. So here is what I need from you!
I have 2 pictures of me below (sorry im at work so it's not the best pic) I have hair that will do just about anything I need it to, is really coarse. This is of it after I straightened it 2 days ago, im trying to grow it out but I don’t mind my fringe being cut.
below the 2 pictures of me are 2 pictures of another red head with really blond chunks in her hair, I want to know if people think I could pull this off? I have a few blond highlights in my hair now so I don’t know if it would look right or not, my hubby says do it but he says that to anything I want to do, so I need some honest opinions, if you don’t think this would work I would love a few suggestions. Please help :)
me:

pic1-th.jpg

pic2-vi.jpg

what i want:
pic3-vi.jpg

pic4-vi.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24