Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

BOOMBEBE

New in Town
lyburnum said:
My hair today:
IMG_9479.jpg

IMG_9475.jpg

The set:
DSC00094.jpg

One of my favourite sets as it's so quick and easy to do, and not too bad to sleep on
BRAVO!:eusa_clap i must say i have never seen this hair style done so well and smoothly. no hairs sticking out or anything, i simply love it.

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
CassD said:
I finally managed to do some victory rolls that I'm not too ashamed of. Any advice on how to improve them is welcome. :)

Frontview.jpg

Sideview.jpg

The curl in the back is natural. That's just how it dries.
Backview.jpg

I tried to make the images smaller, but for some reason, they won't go any smaller. :(

CassD... My sister in hair!! I swear if your hair was blonde I would have thought it was me! The only suggestion I would have is try to make the rolls a bit smaller/shorter. Yes, I do understand this is a feat in its own... I know how hard thick hair is to work with... But other than that I think you did a lovely job!! Your hair is so much smoother than mine in the rolls! I wish I could do that!!!

CassD

One of the Regulars
LolitaHaze said:
Your hair is so much smoother than mine in the rolls! I wish I could do that!!!

LolitaHaze: I started using a natural product line about a month ago and the shampoo and conditioner smooth out my hair a lot. It makes it easier to keep styles a bit smoother. It's also finally started to really improve the dry nature. Thanks for the tips, by the way!:)

shooshoobaby1

New in Town
old yazoo said:
It took me a bit to muster up courage to post here in the presence of all you vintage queenies...but you're all so kind so here goes.

When I've given up on curls:
rancher.jpg

and when I manage to make curls:
DSCN2903.jpg

:

I think both looks are fabulous. I would love to recreate the first one. It is perfect for summertime. :)

SarahLouise

Practically Family
CassD - I envy your natural wave and thick hair! The rolls look great for your first try.

Johanna - lovely as always. Your lipstick is perfect. If you don't mind me asking, what brand/shade is it?

CassD

One of the Regulars
LolitaHaze said:
Well... I tried anyway. I think I failed. I should just accept my hair is far too thick to recreate these styles accurately. :( I think my hair looks ok, but not what I wanted.

The Inspiration (thank you amy_jeanne for your glamspam):
bette_davis_1402.jpg

The Result:
P1130241b.jpg

I think you accomplished the look, it just doesn't look exactly the same on you because you have a different facial structure than Bette Davis. You look absolutely wonderful and I wish that I could accomplish that type of look!:eusa_clap

ShortClara

One Too Many
old yazoo said:
It took me a bit to muster up courage to post here in the presence of all you vintage queenies...but you're all so kind so here goes.

rancher.jpg

and when I manage to make curls:
DSCN2903.jpg

but not know what to do with them. I usually do side rolls, but this night I wanted more of a 30's look. Forgive the drugged look. That's my best attempt at a glam face:rolleyes:

I love the pig tails look! I do pig tails without braids, but with a head scarf and it's cite. Yours is divine!

And you don't look drugged. When I try to make serious face, I look like I took the 3:10 to CrazyTown. Really. I took a whole set of serious headshots once and I looked like a loony binner in every single one. :D

~*Red*~

Practically Family
Thanks ladies!!

They do resemble cinnamon buns, don't they? Or maybe pecan rolls? ha ha ha!!lol

Kamikat, the color is the same I've had for awhile now, just that the mahogany brown color I have been dying it, keeps going light. I want to put some lowlights in that match my natural color, which is the darker color you see. Thanks! I haven't been in much of a "red" mood and I'm happy with the darker color for now.:)

Yazoo, I adore your hair!! Curls and pigtails!!! One is casual and the other glamorous!

CassD, You're a natural beautiful redhead, with gorgeous thick hair and some of the smoothest rolls I've seen. so this is me: :D ha ha! Green with envy! (buit in a good way!)

Johanna, I love that you wear ribbons in your hair!!! I think people should wear little bows more often!! I always have bows when I wear my hair in pony tails.

Lyburnum, I am amazed at how much your hair shrinks up! The curls are beautiful! It's a very nice set!

Helen Troy, :D Thank you kindly, you made my day.

16_sparrows

Vendor
old yazoo said:
rancher.jpg

OK - how do you do that little wave in the bangs in this 'do? I know Johanna has a little trick with a curling iron for that - but I'm anti-heat styling and don't own an iron anyway. How would a wet set for that look?

old yazoo

Familiar Face
I cheated. I used a three-rod iron to get the waves in front, back combed it a little and rolled back the rest before putting it in pigtails. When I set my hair, it usually doesn't go in the right direction... I need more practice!

old yazoo

Familiar Face
ShortClara said:
I love the pig tails look! I do pig tails without braids, but with a head scarf and it's cite. Yours is divine!

And you don't look drugged. When I try to make serious face, I look like I took the 3:10 to CrazyTown. Really. I took a whole set of serious headshots once and I looked like a loony binner in every single one. :D

Thanks! I usually look half asleep in my serious face photos, and smiling gives me nooks and crannies all over the place:(

Ditto, I love a bandana and pigtails! Great for those I'm in a rush, dirty-hair days!!

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
My goodness ladies, you have been busy!! How's a girl supposed to keep up with this thread!? :eek:
All incredibly fabulous too! :eusa_clap

old yazoo said:
I cheated. I used a three-rod iron to get the waves in front, back combed it a little and rolled back the rest before putting it in pigtails. When I set my hair, it usually doesn't go in the right direction... I need more practice!
The wave looks PERFECT! I am jealous!! I suppose I'll put one of those three barreled babies on my wish list. At least I can write it off!;)
Love pigtails. I wear them a lot too.

LO, I fail to see how you have failed! Girl, you could NOT have gotten any closer. You have totally different hair than Davis, and a totally different cut. Not to mention the set. I'm sure hers was a very precise pin curl set, and I always thought her hair was more on the fine side.
You do wonders with your hair, truly... your drawn frown cracked me up!

Red, love the rolls. I really like how you hid the part. I want to try this! One day I shall get a face lift so I can have your brow bones, hehe...

RUBY! I LOVE THE RAVEN HAIR!! I want to go dark this fall I think!

Johanna, cute as a button as always! Love the dino necklace!

Melly, I like your hair from a few pages back. You always do great work.

Cass, what gorgeous locks you have! I would just try and move the rolls more towards the front of your head. Be sure not to part the hair further back that beyond the center of the ear and see if that helps. Then it's all in the angle in which you first pull your hair up to start rolling. I am amazed at how sleek and perfect you got them, mine never get that way! Are you using the long boby pins?

Lyburnum, you always have great styles. Again, making me think I want bangs!

Retromom your hair reminds me so much of mine right now, very pretty!

Kami, your hair looks SO vintage like that!! That pic could very well be old if I didn't know better, CUTE!

Plumdearly, you're a doll. Beautiful doe eyes. Welcome to the lounge!

I'm sure I've missed someone, but didn't mean to. WHEW.. y'all wore me out! Geez, it's after 1am!
Nikki

CassD

One of the Regulars
ohairas said:
I am amazed at how sleek and perfect you got them, mine never get that way! Are you using the long boby pins?

Thanks! I've just been using regular bobby pins, though I'd like to get some long ones because I think they would help. I actually snapped one of the regular ones in my hair on my first attempt at Victory Rolls. I do use three bobby pins instead of two, which is what I've seen in the tutorials.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Red-You look lovely.
Old Yazoo-I love the pigtails.
CassD you have amazing hair. I was in a show were I did half the cast's hair. There was a lady with hair like yours and I couldn't get her rolls to look nearly as nice as yours.

I just tried a new updo for the first time today. I'll take pics tonight. I got a hood dryer so I am hopong I can experiment with some wet sets soon.

D

Deleted member 3716

oooh a hood dryer.
i've always wanted one of them.
(ever since i let my mum throw out my grannys pink 1950's stand-alone one :eusa_doh: )
cant wait to see your results!

MissHannah

One Too Many
I feel very inspired by you all tonight so I may something new with my newly acquired wave clips... I'll let you know/show you how it turns out!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy