Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Josephine

One Too Many
ok, Zaika and Smuterella, you've got me to put my hair in rollers again! No pin curls, I think my hair is too long. Hopefully it won't be a disaster and I'll take pics. ::crosses fingers:: (if it fails Ill just post a pic from last October! lol)

=ritzy=

Familiar Face
Darhling said:
Ritzy - It has always been pretty healthy and strong and could get very long, but now that I am getting it dyed dark brown, it has become so much more healthy (I used to get my blonde hair lightened), so the last time I was at my hairdressers to get a cut and it had been 6 months since my previous cut, it was only neccessary to cut less than an inch off. So I guess it has been dying my hair dark that has contributed to my healthy hair.
Wow you are a natural blonde?? I would have never imagined..well you look great as a brunette..Its true that making your hair lighter can damage it a whole lot. I remember my hair used to be shinny and healthy before I bleached it for the first time in my life..then it lost its luster and took me a while to get it in a descent condition..I havent dyed my hair in a while, so that should help a lot too..anyway, keep your hair dark brown..you look gorgeous with it...
=ritzy=
Sorry ladies if I went off topic :p

=ritzy=

Familiar Face
Smuterella said:
more perm rod related fun, excuse the heavy make up, it was my first time with everyday minerals and I went a little OTT

2008_06250003.jpg

I love it..makes me want to shop off my hair!!

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Smuterella, you look darling!
I just wanted to give a tip (in case you haven't thought of it) to those of you who'd like to sleep without perm rods. I wash my hair in the morning, set it (damp + lotion), then take the rods out before bed. I don't brush it out at all, just go to bed looking like a clown/shirley temple gone mental. In the morning I brush it out and since it's flattened during the night it looks much better! Plus I've slept well. (I have thick, shoulder length hair.) Of course you can't do this a day you have to go to work, but if you'll just be at home/ doing errands it's great.

Smuterella

One Too Many
cherry lips said:
Smuterella, you look darling!
I just wanted to give a tip (in case you haven't thought of it) to those of you who'd like to sleep without perm rods. I wash my hair in the morning, set it (damp + lotion), then take the rods out before bed. I don't brush it out at all, just go to bed looking like a clown/shirley temple gone mental. In the morning I brush it out and since it's flattened during the night it looks much better! Plus I've slept well. (I have thick, shoulder length hair.) Of course you can't do this a day you have to go to work, but if you'll just be at home/ doing errands it's great.

good idea

I'm out tomorrow night and just set my hair now, I'll probably do my day time errands while still having the curlers in

I have no shame

alexandra

Practically Family
Smuterella I need to tell you something but don't get offended because I mean it as a compliment:

You look like a girly and feminine version of my first serious boyfriend who I absolutely adored. Now, I'm not saying you look like a boy, but you look as if you could be his sister. So I guess in a round about way, I find you attractive lol

Smuterella

One Too Many
alexandra said:
Smuterella I need to tell you something but don't get offended because I mean it as a compliment:

You look like a girly and feminine version of my first serious boyfriend who I absolutely adored. Now, I'm not saying you look like a boy, but you look as if you could be his sister. So I guess in a round about way, I find you attractive lol

well I'll take that as a compliment

*wink*

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Smuts, your hair is hot! Can you tell me what those perm rods look like? Do you get them at Sally's, and is there anywhere online I can get them?

I had a minor pin curl disaster today. I set these last night just like I always do and they turned out fine when I had just taken them out but after 8 hours of Fedora Lounge fun (some of us met up in Copenhagen for lunch and french pâtisserie) in damp weather, they were a complete mess. Now, when my hair was shorter, the curls just held through pretty much anything, and I didn't use hairspray then either. But now it's just gotten much too long, the curls dropped pretty much instantly, which is a shame cause they were so cute to begin with (unfortunately no pictures of that). So off it goes!

2618783428_199e442243.jpg

2617954801_0b387d8d32.jpg

2618773194_9be3841684.jpg

2617945285_f9305e029e.jpg

Smuterella

One Too Many
Hey

Its these: http://cgi.ebay.com/Concave-Perm-Ro...VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

Set like this (if the picture comes out):

2008_06230002.jpg

which is a deep side parting, rollers rolled down (i.e. hair goes over the roller) on each side and down at the back in a brick formation.

what I have been varying is the fringe angle, rolling it either under, over or alternate.

I need two packs of rollers so anyone with longer hair would need three I reckon.

hope that helps!

Audrey Horne

Practically Family
Smuterella said:
more perm rod related fun, excuse the heavy make up, it was my first time with everyday minerals and I went a little OTT

2008_06250003.jpg
I am so in love with this. This is exactly how I'd like my hair to look. I know you used perm rods but I'd be so grateful if you did a tutorial. I especially need help with the brushing out/shaping the waves part. You look so amazing!!

Aorta

Familiar Face
Audrey Horne said:
I am so in love with this. This is exactly how I'd like my hair to look. I know you used perm rods but I'd be so grateful if you did a tutorial. I especially need help with the brushing out/shaping the waves part. You look so amazing!!

Yep, I second that. Smuterella, your hair do seriously rocks!

Blondie

Practically Family
Smuterella,
you look fabulous with your set hair !
Can i ask how long your hair is before it's set ? A pic maybe ????
Thanks !

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Kitty_Sheridan said:
Lovely! Laura and smuterella!

Laura, a FL meet up in Denmark? Did you take pics?

I keep hoping a UK one will come off.

K

Yeah, pics were taken, keep an eye on the thread in Events, I think they will post some pics there, or in The Steamer Trunk.

MissHannah

One Too Many
I'm going to have to get some of those perm rods. Do they sell them in superdrug smuterella? When i get my haircut I'm taking that picture of you with me!

Magpie Annie

Familiar Face
Smuterella said:

2008_06250003.jpg

SWOON!!!
good lord smuterella you look absolutely gorgeous!!! im off to buy some perm rods, this look is beautiful on you!!!

Smuterella

One Too Many
MissHannah said:
I'm going to have to get some of those perm rods. Do they sell them in superdrug smuterella? When i get my haircut I'm taking that picture of you with me!

I posted a link above somewhere

eeeeeeeeeeeeeebay

and thanks

Naama

Practically Family
Smuterella! Great hair! I have quite the same lenght, and I will try to get mine like that till I die or my hair falls off, what ever will happen first!

Naama

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy