Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

SuperKawaiiMama

One of the Regulars
1930's evening hair

Although it was a little dark at this event, the hair still shows up fairly well. I have very long hair and it is french rolled at the back with one tendril left out. The top section was curled with a GHD Iron then pinned into place in stacks and sprayed to within an inch of it's life! I was so happy with the way it turned out as this outfit needed something extra special.
deco-opening-pics-010.jpg

If you are interested you can see more photos on my blog.

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
SuperKawaiiMama said:
Although it was a little dark at this event, the hair still shows up fairly well. I have very long hair and it is french rolled at the back with one tendril left out. The top section was curled with a GHD Iron then pinned into place in stacks and sprayed to within an inch of it's life! I was so happy with the way it turned out as this outfit needed something extra special.
deco-opening-pics-010.jpg

If you are interested you can see more photos on my blog.

you look drop dead gorgeous!!

Smuterella

One Too Many

Last_Chael

One of the Regulars
So here is my latest do....

IMG_0441.jpg

Hahaha ok I WISH my hair was really like that! That's my Marilyn wig, and boy did I get TONS of compliments when I wore it! It was a bit of a test for me, for style (as I want to cut my hair short so I can do more 50's styles) but now it's got me wanting to go platinum blonde too! Even my boyfriend liked it! I even had the guy at the servo tell me that I should make it my permanent hair style because it looked so sexy *blush*

What do you gals think? Yay or nay?

Unfortunately I don't have any decent photos of my actual vintage hairstyle that I had been wearing earlier. It was my usual 3 victory rolls, but this time I added flowers! I'm hoping a decent one turns up soon, but considering my hair is so dark and I was wearing it at night, I'm not too confident!

Ada Veen

Practically Family
Smuterella, amazing! wow. I'm so jealous.

and Kitty Sheridan - there is a UK-based night out in July - check out "ATTENTION LONDON LADIES" in events x

Smuterella

One Too Many
MissHannah said:
Thanks Smuts - I've just ordered 4 packs. Hope they will work on my stubborn hair!

I also recommend Amami setting lotion (you can get it in superdrug) its way more expensive than lottabody but its thin rather than oily so you can put it in a spray bottle without diluting it.

I tend to sleep in the rollers, its not comfy but its not agony either, but I think it would work equally well with a bonnet dryer

Have fun!

Naama

Practically Family
Last_Chael said:
Hahaha ok I WISH my hair was really like that! That's my Marilyn wig, and boy did I get TONS of compliments when I wore it! It was a bit of a test for me, for style (as I want to cut my hair short so I can do more 50's styles) but now it's got me wanting to go platinum blonde too! Even my boyfriend liked it! I even had the guy at the servo tell me that I should make it my permanent hair style because it looked so sexy *blush*

What do you gals think? Yay or nay?

Well, from my own experience, my hair is somehow like the wig - I get called Marilyn a LOT (even if I'm never realy trying to look like hear at ALL! and don'T look like hear at ALL). And I also think that if you have blonde hair and wear some red lipstick and a dress, the world will think you are beautiful! This can be good but, I never thought I think like that, but it can also get on you're nerves at times! But well, I think it suits you :) But keep in mind going really a light blonde can damage you're hair, but damaged hair curls better!

Naama

JessiLynn

Familiar Face
Hi there! I've been lurking this thread for a while, so I thought I'd post a couple of my more successful hairdo's.

This is today's hair, please ignore the weird expression:
dscn0652uk1.jpg

dscn0656ki3.jpg

and this is about a week ago, it actually really liked it once I brushed it out, but I didn't get photos of that :(
dscn0620kn6.jpg

JessiLynn

Familiar Face
cherry lips - Thank you so much!!

Audrey Horne - Thanks so much! For the one on the train I had it pin curled all around the bottom bits of my hair, and for the other one I used perm rods for my bangs and soft curlers for the rest. My hair isn't quite to my shoulders, it's a bit shorter than that, and it is somewhat layered-ish because it's being grown out from being very very short (I basically had boy hair last summer). Hope that helps :)

JessiLynn

Familiar Face
Naama and Grey Ghost - Thanks so much! It takes so much work to keep that red though, gets sort of old :p

And Naama, I use those really soft tie curlers (sort of like rag curlers but there is a bit of foam and a thin metal rod-thing so that you can bend the ends of the curler in to hold the curl, inside of the fabric.. Not sure what they're called) on the sides and back. In the back I only curl the hair down by the nape of my neck, and I do 3 curlers on each side of my hair. I curl the hair over the curler rather than under it. For the bang area I used three perm rods and just curled them all to the left.
Haha sorry if that was a strange description!

Ada Veen

Practically Family
JessiLynn said:

I love this do. Why am I so crappy at doing hair? *sigh*

Maybe I need to bribe someone with hair skills to do mine with wine/chocolate/food/money *clears throat toward smuterella* lol

Smuterella

One Too Many
Ada Veen said:
Maybe I need to bribe someone with hair skills to do mine with wine/chocolate/food/money *clears throat toward smuterella* lol

it worries me that you have only met me once and thats already top of the list!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy