Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

PolkaDotMeggie

A-List Customer
DSC00345.jpg

This is an older photo. My hair is down to my shoulders now, but still all one length. I am getting it cut this weekend. I am thinking about getting layers put back into it. Maybe when I was getting bangs in the past, the sylist wasn't doing them in a flattering way.

The Shirt

Practically Family
What makes me uncertain is that the black hair might just make my already dark brown eyes look more dark. I've always thought black hair to be something that suited girls with blue or green eyes best.

It's funny - I think a person's eyes definitely change according to what haircolor they have. A girl told me after dyeing mine light red that my eyes matched. Now people have nicknamed me "orange eyes". You look very striking with the jet black hair. There are a lot of people who the color looks slightly off - but I really think it suits you very well.

Meggie- is your hair super thick? I've noticed that although I tend to wear bangs swept to the side (longer) - I just don't have enough to pull off a cute Betty Bang. The wonderful thing about bangs though - is I definitely think it makes a lot of people look younger for some reason. (not that you need to!). If you go for a longer bang - you can still pull it up in a pomp or do some cute rolls with it.

PolkaDotMeggie

A-List Customer
No it is not particularly thick. It has never been called "fine" before by any stylist-- however it tends to go limp and straight quickly. Thank you for the feedback. I never really thought to get the longer bangs and do a pomp. I guess I always pictured bangs having one purpose and style :) I did have long, but thin, bangs cut so I could sweep them ( the picture doesn't show it well ).

PolkaDotMeggie

A-List Customer
gingermore said:
I tried some pin curls last (just in the front on the right hand side - or left if you're looking at the photo on the right) and I was really happy with the wave in front. The rest was a disaster - I brushed heaps but it was just a big fluff ball. I saved it with some hot rollers. I tried finger waves on the other side but they ended up a bit loose.
2644963761_d21acc2d87_m.jpg
2644962867_292f0253f0_m.jpg

The more I look at these, the more I am in love with the softness of the curls. Total girlcrush now :eek:

retrogirl1941

One Too Many
Polkadotmeggie,Heres a picture of my bangs.
P7090071.jpg
If I don't curl them they hit right at the top of my eyebrows. All I do is use the smallest round brush and blow dry them. I tried using a curling iron but htey would'nt hold the curl. Hope that helps.

Samantha

PolkaDotMeggie

A-List Customer
Thank you for the visual. In all the photos I see, the bang is much higher on the forehead, so I never knew how long the needed to be. The way you have them shaped makes them look very soft to the touch. Do you have naturally straight hair? Mine tends to get funky waves in the wrong spots.

retrogirl1941

One Too Many
My hair is naturally wavy/curly but since it has been layered it has gone kinda straight.Also the left side of my bangs don't really curl under due to a nautral wave that refuses to be tamed, so I let it do its thing and nobody notices. The only product I use on my bangs is a light tough of heavy hold hair spray.

Samantha

I use a curling iron on my bangs & then lots of hairspray to make it stay put! Sometimes I spray setting lotion on to the dry hair & use the curling iron to kinda dry it, then when it has cooled, brush it out gently. Works like a dream!

My bangs are just above my eyebrows, cut straight across, but if I use the curling iron it gets much shorter. This works when the bangs are longer too, a good trick :)

Tinseltown

A-List Customer
Laura Chase said:
This is not exactly a hair do, but it's a new color, I dyed my hair black yesterday. I was wondering what you ladies think of black for me, if I should go back to red or brown, or what... It's wash out color, so it's easy to change. And I want honest opinions! :)

Oh, and needless to say that all you ladies have made amazing do's once again!
It looks great!
It accentuates your pale skin. (Isn't that what we all want)
I think the red was pretty, but this or brown suits you better.

Inky

One Too Many
Introductions and First Hair Attempt

Hi Everyone, this is my first post, be kind :)

I have been lurking for a while, soaking up all your glamour and advice, and on the 4th of July decided to give doing my hair a whirl. I used a 5/8" curling iron and a setting pattern from the Vintage Hairstyling (Lauren Rennells) book, The Vixen. It's not as smooth as I would like, I think I needed more pomade. Any advice is welcome!

Considering I have short hair (just past my ears in the back and shorter bangs in front, and I am a complete novice at curling irons, curlers and such, I was pleased with the result. We were going to a show in our area and though I definitely have a more rockabilly than vintage look, I hope you like the result just the same. I've learned so much from all of you already, I could never thank you enough!

Inky

"I'd like ta kiss ya, but I just washed my hair."--Bette Davis as Madge in CABIN IN THE COTTON (1932)

2642925940_91f5f81f01_m.jpg

2642925690_112b2e7dfa.jpg

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Thanks Everyone.
Laura- You are stunning.
Inky- I like your hair. I wish I could see the front (bangs) better, but it's really cute.
gingermore- I love the waves on the side. I'd kill for waves.
Vintage Betty- I love that hat so much I want to marry it. I know I have commented on it before but I love it more everytime I see it.

Inky said:
Hi Everyone, this is my first post, be kind :)

I have been lurking for a while, soaking up all your glamour and advice, and on the 4th of July decided to give doing my hair a whirl. I used a 5/8" curling iron and a setting pattern from the Vintage Hairstyling (Lauren Rennells) book, The Vixen. It's not as smooth as I would like, I think I needed more pomade. Any advice is welcome!

Considering I have short hair (just past my ears in the back and shorter bangs in front, and I am a complete novice at curling irons, curlers and such, I was pleased with the result. We were going to a show in our area and though I definitely have a more rockabilly than vintage look, I hope you like the result just the same. I've learned so much from all of you already, I could never thank you enough!

Inky

"I'd like ta kiss ya, but I just washed my hair."--Bette Davis as Madge in CABIN IN THE COTTON (1932)

2642925940_91f5f81f01_m.jpg

2642925690_112b2e7dfa.jpg

I love you, from the hair to the leopard print dress! Please please pretty please post pics of your tattoos in the 'show us your tattoos' thread in the Observation Bar. It looks like you will be putting us all to shame in there ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany