Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Inky

One Too Many
Thank you Thank you All!

I have no idea just yet how to thank each of you here for your kind welcome and compliments individually, so thank you ALL so much!

I hope I can give back even just a little teeny bit of help and especially the shopping enabling :D

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Kitty_Sheridan said:
Inky! Welcome, loving the hair!
You remind me of Stockard Channing!
K
First I wondered who she was, then I found out she's Rizzo in Grease! It's true, you look like her! Cool.
179082.jpg
3639742_std.jpg

MissHannah

One Too Many
I love Stockard Channing! I think she may be the reason I got so obsessed with the 50's. When I first saw Grease when I was 10 I just fell in love with her.

ShrinkingViolet

A-List Customer
MissHannah said:
I love Stockard Channing! I think she may be the reason I got so obsessed with the 50's. When I first saw Grease when I was 10 I just fell in love with her.

How cool and cute that you fell in love with Rizzo the bad gal instead of Olivia Newton-John! lol
(this comes from someone who is probably likes seamed stockings because of watching the Benny Hill Show as a child :eek: )

Naama

Practically Family
ShrinkingViolet said:
How cool and cute that you fell in love with Rizzo the bad gal instead of Olivia Newton-John! lol
(this comes from someone who is probably likes seamed stockings because of watching the Benny Hill Show as a child :eek: )

I hated Olivia Newton-Johns character in grease!

:eek:fftopic:

Naama

Inky

One Too Many
:eek:fftopic: I love the Rizzo character and Stockard Channing, so I am well-complimented on both counts!

I just hope I can do that with my hair again this weekend for a BBQ we are attending (much more casual attire!). I picked up some hot rollers to try this time out. Wish me luck!

Ada Veen

Practically Family
:eek:fftopic: I especially loved the bit where Frenchie (?) goes "pants!" and Rizzo tucks her trousers up inside her skirt or something like that. I always thought that was the coolest thing EVER.

MissHannah

One Too Many
I always loved that bit after she sings 'The Worst Thing I could do' when she shuffles off in her pencil skirt holding her folder to her chest, and her skirt is so tight she can hardly walk! I wanted that skirt so bad!

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
My hair is finally getting long enough to do something with. This is set on purple perm rods, then brushed out. Because the bang/fringe is growing out, I had to use a small curling iron there. The fringe isn't long enough to wrap around the curler.
2669062972_5887aba6d8.jpg

Naama

Practically Family
dollydaydream said:
And people think it's weird I have never seen Dirty Dancing lol

Also haven't seen that one, or better, refused to watch it for 5minuites...... Horrible thing!

But Smuterella, you HAVE to see Grease! Trust me! (but forgett about Grease 2)

Naama

alexandra

Practically Family
MissHannah said:
I always loved that bit after she sings 'The Worst Thing I could do' when she shuffles off in her pencil skirt holding her folder to her chest, and her skirt is so tight she can hardly walk! I wanted that skirt so bad!

Definitely one of my favourite scenes. I think there's a video of me singing that song kicking around on youtube somewhere (which is a horrifying thought). I spent an entire car ride talking/reminiscing about the Grease characters and doing my (fabulous) impressions of them all in the car with my dad recently. I'm sure he was bored to death.

Last_Chael

One of the Regulars
Bahahah I always loved Olivia Newton John's character! But maybe that because I'm also an Aussie and I thought it would be so cool to move to the U and go to school there *sigh* :p Grease is one of the reasons I LOVE vintage!

I've not seen Dirty Dancing, but I did catch the sequel (which is actually a prequel) as the midday movie. It's set in the 50's and boy were there some GORGEOUS dresses in it! It's the main reason I kept it on (oh and the dancing, I LOVE to dance!).

Hmmm must try to remember to post photos of my new hairdo!

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
alexandra said:
Definitely one of my favourite scenes. I think there's a video of me singing that song kicking around on youtube somewhere (which is a horrifying thought). I spent an entire car ride talking/reminiscing about the Grease characters and doing my (fabulous) impressions of them all in the car with my dad recently. I'm sure he was bored to death.

Off to search youtube :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran