Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Smuterella

One Too Many
ooh, Helysoune, thats pretty!

Here is my rather feeble 'hive...you have no idea how much old hair I stuffed in there to try and get it big but this was the best I could do!

2008_07190029.jpg

Lillemor

One Too Many
Great volume on top there ladies!

I've been trying to do an authentic looking bouffant since the 90s when it had a revival among many teens. Well, at least it did in the San Joaquin Valley in CA or maybe it had never leftlol. I think my hair is too heavy though despite the layering at the bottom.

Naama

Practically Family
dollydaydream said:
Gosh, it's gone all 60s. Careful ladies, you'll be barred lol

Yeah, I just wonder, where does this new "trend" comes from? But I have to say, lately I'm also a bit in love with the 60's again :) And you all look lovely!

Naama

Lillemor

One Too Many
I think the bouffant was started in the late 50s but I could be wrong. I don't know about the beehive. I've never been into or much aware of the 60s. You ladies did well with those styles though.

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I can't help it, I hate the 60s. Maybe because I was there?

All you ladies are lovely no matter what you do to your hair, but everytime I see a beehive, it give me the willies...

Helysoune

One of the Regulars
Lillemor, Goldwyn Girl and Smuterella - I am so excited to have gotten positive feedback from such stylin' ladies. THANK YOU!!!!

By the way, Smuterella and Pink Dahlia - I love the beehives/bouffants! How long did they take to do?

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Helysoune said:
You all look so fantastic!!! Lyburnum, you make it all look so completely effortless, both in hair and dress, as do so many of you.

As for me, I just had hair down to almost the middle of my back. I decided to go for broke and whack it myself. This is the result...

newdo2.jpg

It looks great! Do you feel freed of all the hair?

And look at her skin... beautiful.

alexandra

Practically Family
Here is my new favourite way to wear my hair when I realise I need to have a shower and get the hell out of the house asapr:

2qvh6ok.jpg

I know it's not like...neat or skill involving, but it has made Saturday mornings (the day I have to get up early) so much easier.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Naama said:
Yeah, I just wonder, where does this new "trend" comes from? But I have to say, lately I'm also a bit in love with the 60's again :) And you all look lovely!
Naama

Could it be all the press for the new season of Mad Men? I was never into the mid-60's with the Jackie O look, but when I discovered that the early 60's fashions were similar to the late 50's fashions, I was hooked. As for the bouffant, my step-mother taught me how to do mine when I was in high school. She used to get suspended from high school because her was too big. I wish she was around now because I've forgotten how to get mine to look nice.

Naama

Practically Family
kamikat said:
Could it be all the press for the new season of Mad Men? I was never into the mid-60's with the Jackie O look, but when I discovered that the early 60's fashions were similar to the late 50's fashions, I was hooked. As for the bouffant, my step-mother taught me how to do mine when I was in high school. She used to get suspended from high school because her was too big. I wish she was around now because I've forgotten how to get mine to look nice.

Don't know, over here, we don't have Mad Men (yes :( ).

You could get suspended for a too bigh hairdo? :eek: And I laughed about it in Hairspray!

Naama

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner