Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
I posted this pic in the "Ladies" thread, but wanted to post it here, because I was quite proud of my efforts here. I did my own hair, and used a rat to make a faux fringe, and this is first time I've worn it out in public. I cheated slightly by using old hair from my hairbrush to cover the ends of the rat, so I didn't have to do any tricky manoeuvers to disguise it! I finished off with a white chiffon scarf tied in a bow (hidden by the 'crown'!) It's a teeny bit lopsided but the best I've managed so far. :D

l_eead478c284412e59027e2dac9eb60b3.jpg

But I also did the hair of the other two gals! It was completely improvised as I hadn't planned to. I used a round bun rat thing to create a low chignon on the girl to the right and did a mini roll in the top (not that you can see too well), and a smaller rat for another faux fringe and a hot sticks set on the girl on the left. The fringe is a bit high on her forehead but we ran out of time! Her curls didn't last too well in the wind either as we only had rubbish hairspray! But for my first attempt at being a hair stylist I was quite proud nonetheless.

artful dodgette

One of the Regulars
The Shirt said:
So here's the new red 'do. I'm still not sure what I think about the red and my skin tone. I really wanted blond with black underneath but was unable to go that light from nearly black hair previous. What do you all think? People keep calling me "orange eyes" now.

Vegas2008008-2.jpg

Vegas2008011-1.jpg

oh my! this is just my dream hair colour!! its beautiful!

how did you get it? do you think i could lighten my black dyed hair to it?

you look stunning!

xx

alexandra

Practically Family
The Shirt said:
So here's the new red 'do. I'm still not sure what I think about the red and my skin tone. I really wanted blond with black underneath but was unable to go that light from nearly black hair previous. What do you all think? People keep calling me "orange eyes" now.

Vegas2008008-2.jpg

Vegas2008011-1.jpg

Ahh this is phenomenal. You look gorgeous and I am entirely jealous of the colour. I've wanted that colour hair for like a year now.

If you're worried about the colour bringing out the reddish tones in your complexion (red hair sometimes does that to people, but I don't see much of a problem on you. I think your skin looks nice with it.) you could always get a powder with a green tint which helps.

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
OMG Shirt I love the RED what a happy little accident you had!! Seriously I'm not just saying that ...I'm very jealous! lol

Laura Chase...So lovely!

The Shirt

Practically Family
Well I had black/brown dyed hair. If I hazard a guess, I have probably dyed it dark for about 3 years now. So I purchased the "Born Blonde - Maxi Lift" hair color remover. I left it on for the 90 mins and it lifted everything brown out of my hair. Had a GIANT panic attack about leaving it on longer and washed it out. Then I headed out and got a clairol nice and easy color and voila. I didn't like the inconsistancy I had at the bottom of my hair so I waited 3 weeks and stripped it again where it needed it(BAD JENNIFER) and recolored. Before re-applying the second color, I noticed mine was a very, let's just say 'vibrant' orange underneath. So I think that might be why it is sooo orange.

Thanks again - you all have made me feel much better about the end result. I will try the powder and suggestions.

Twilight

Familiar Face
I got my hair cut yesterday. :D
Before picture:
DSC_0321edit.jpg

After picture:
DSC_0357.jpg

[I cut off part of my head. Oops].

And today my mom dyed my hair.
Here's the end result:
DSC_0387.jpg

The Shirt, our hair color kind of matches. lol

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
The Shirt said:

Vegas2008008-2.jpg

Vegas2008011-1.jpg
WOW! I love it. Can't wait to see it in person, but you may be too cute to hang out wuth now. ;)

Adele

One of the Regulars
Helysoune, alexandra, missmelly - fantastic hairstyles!

The Shirt and Twilight - love the hair color. I only wish I could pull off such a shade.

Laura Chase - the curls are lovely, and moreover, in the first photograph, you remind me of Rosalind Russell in a way.

Here is my recent vintage inspired hairstyle:

I had to lighten the photograph since it was too dark to see the details.
_DSC0001.jpg

I was running late for an event so I wasn't able to take side or back photographs until the next day, which explains the not so neat of a hairstyle anymore in the following two photos.

Hair-1.jpg

_DSC0027.jpg

This hairstyle is somewhat similar to the one I've shown prior to except for the fact that I did less curls and bigger ones at that. Moreover, I did somewhat of a side wave on the left, though as soon as I can hook myself up with more vintage wave clips, I shall add waves to that side.

ShoreRoadLady

Practically Family
Everyone's hair looks fabulous. :eusa_clap
Adele, I particularly like the side front wave that you did. That always looks so difficult to pull off - was it?

Adele said:
Here is my recent vintage inspired hairstyle:

_DSC0001.jpg

I was running late for an event so I wasn't able to take side or back photographs until the next day, which explains the not so neat of a hairstyle anymore in the following two photos.

Hair-1.jpg

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Adele said:
_DSC0001.jpg
What a great style for shorter hair! Can you tell me how you did this? Pincurls or rollers? Set pattern? How long is your hair without the curl and is it layered or all one length?

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Today was the Perfect Storm for hair. The bonnet dryer I got on ebay didn't work, but today, I decided to see if I got rig up my handheld dryer to the bonnet part and it worked. I also bought some LottaBody and switched back from perm rods to the old magnetic rollers. I also think some of it is due to my hair finally growing up long enough. The curls are well-formed and very soft. I feel like a 50's housewife!

2702194470_47dbc26c7b.jpg

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
kamikat said:
Today was the Perfect Storm for hair. The bonnet dryer I got on ebay didn't work, but today, I decided to see if I got rig up my handheld dryer to the bonnet part and it worked. I also bought some LottaBody and switched back from perm rods to the old magnetic rollers. I also think some of it is due to my hair finally growing up long enough. The curls are well-formed and very soft. I feel like a 50's housewife!

2702194470_47dbc26c7b.jpg
Kamikat, you get prettier in every picture you post! Your hair looks awesome.

Tinseltown

A-List Customer
Laura and Adele - WOW!

Laura, how did you set/arrange the hot sticks? What kind of pattern?
I actually had hot sticks put in by a professional once, but the curls turned out in a way that made me look like a rabid poodle. lol
Did you use Lottabody for it too?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran