Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Odalisque

A-List Customer
MitchBeckyWedding003-1.jpg

I went to my friends wedding and somehow, this is the best picture of the bunch. I know it's hard to see but I've got side rolls. I swear!

Tinseltown

A-List Customer
This is my first attempt at fingerwaves!
I used small hairclips and some elnett. I still need some practice to make it look like I want. ;)

2844137054_80c9356be0.jpg

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
:eek:fftopic: Oh my, you're so pretty! :eek: I love your face! It reminds me of one of my favorite modern beauties, Lily Cole.
Tinseltown said:
This is my first attempt at fingerwaves!
I used small hairclips and some elnett. I still need some practice to make it look like I want. ;)

2844137054_80c9356be0.jpg
LilyCole2.jpg

Tinseltown

A-List Customer
cherry lips said:
:eek:fftopic: Oh my, you're so pretty! :eek: I love your face! It reminds me of one of my favorite modern beauties, Lily Cole.

LilyCole2.jpg
Wow, thank you.
I love Lily Cole, so I really appreciate your comment. :eek:

Tinseltown

A-List Customer
cherry lips said:
I look forward to meeting you one day in real life, er, not just because you're pretty though :eek:
Haha. ;)
:eek:fftopic:
And likewise - The dates of the previous get-togethers fell on some bad dates for me...Which really sucks! :(
I really hope I will be able to go next time!
I will definately be on the look-out for vintage activities here in Copenhagen.
And btw, I looove your pin up photos.. especially the one with the umbrella where you're looking down..you look all ethreal (sp?).

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Ethereal?

I think you did really good on your waves, I can't do finger waves at all, my hair is very straight.

Maybe you could fingerwave the front the way you do it there, and then pincurl the ends? That's the way they do it in Matador, and it's a nice way to give the ends a finish.

Cricket

Practically Family
Tess,
The new cut is so cute. It looks really nice on you.
Those gossip shows that give you the updates on all the stars, (yes, it is my guilty pleasure) spent all day yesterday talking about the pixie cut being the new hot thing right now.
I believe they must have seen you on the street Miss Trendsetter ;)
Awesome cut though...I could not do it. my hair is super curly and it would look like a giant cotton ball.

Tinseltown

A-List Customer
Laura Chase said:
Ethereal?

I think you did really good on your waves, I can't do finger waves at all, my hair is very straight.

Maybe you could fingerwave the front the way you do it there, and then pincurl the ends? That's the way they do it in Matador, and it's a nice way to give the ends a finish.
That's a nice idea! I'll try that out next time. These waves were just spur of the moment. :D
Ethereal - æterisk... she looks like a pretty fairy in it, I think. :)
Aw, that's too bad, have you tried getting them done professionally or is it just a no go for your hair? Either way, you shouldn't be sad, 'cause you've got pincurls down to a T. :D

Has anyone been to Ninas salon in London? Is she more 40s/50s, or can she do fingerwaves as well?

Sunny

One Too Many
This hairstyle is my own creation, a composite of eras, that I like to do when (a) my hair's very oily or (b) I want it all UP off my neck or (c) I want to wear a hat.

I have two 1940s rolls in front - I don't know the "official" name for them, if there is one. They actually give a slight Gibson Girl effect. I like them because they add width to my long face.

In back, I braid my hair and loop up the braids. This idea I actually got from an 1850s hairstyle for girls! I like it, too, because it's very neat and smooth and also adds width. It also gives a slight 1930s chignon effect, I think. My hair's just to my bra strap in back, and it's just comfortably long enough to do this. It'd be better with a couple more inches.

And the bangs are just... mine. I've always had them, to minimize the length of my face.

That one roll got a little "peak" in it the morning I did this; it's supposed to be smoother than that.
DSC01067.jpg

DSC01069.jpg

Notice the lovely cowlick. I promise, that IS a straight part. lol
DSC01075.jpg

DSC01084.jpg

Incidentally, what color would you call my hair? It's got a very slight greenish tinge from the mirror, but other than that it's fairly close. It's got gold, brown, and red in it all at once, and I've never found a good name for it.

Antje

One Too Many
Ps I love your updo, just perfect

Sunny your hair looks very ingenius at the back how did you do that.
and for your hair collor i would say dark matte blonde
or I think that would appear on our collorchart at the sallon.

I hope to post some nice pics soon, because i just collored my hair so it looks pretty again.

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Tinseltown said:
That's a nice idea! I'll try that out next time. These waves were just spur of the moment. :D
Ethereal - æterisk... she looks like a pretty fairy in it, I think. :)
Aw, that's too bad, have you tried getting them done professionally or is it just a no go for your hair? Either way, you shouldn't be sad, 'cause you've got pincurls down to a T. :D

Has anyone been to Ninas salon in London? Is she more 40s/50s, or can she do fingerwaves as well?

I know ethereal, I was just spelling it out. ;)

I think Nina can do anything! ;) She's great, definitely go there if you're in London. She obviously does a lot of 40's rolls since that's what a lot of the girls want, but I've seen some photos of great 30's styles she's done, you can see some examples here. I've also seen some awesome bob cuts, she's versatile.

I'm pretty sure finger waves are a no go for my hair, since you need to have some sort of wave in it naturally for them to turn out good and, more importantly, stay there. Who knows, maybe Nina or Stig (Anna's new favorite hairdresser) could wave my hair, but if not, I would be able to create waves by other means, so it's okay.

And Sunny, wow, you did so good on your hair, it suits your face really well! How do you get the neck to be so neat? It's such a hassle for me whenever I do updos, maybe I need to install a mirror like this in the bathroom so I can see my back and still have both my hands free...

LelaViavonie

Practically Family
Sunny!
I love your hair.. I never would have thought to put something like that together!

Hope u dont mind If I try it sometime.. It looks like a great style for my bike rides.. always have the wind in my face :)

Laura Chase

One Too Many
PS said:
whoa nelly this was a lot of hair to pile on my head. not sure how i like it.
2guxqif.jpg
[/IMG]
2ryhymr.jpg
[/IMG]

This really made me think of 18th century poofs, I love the height, you should definitely decide to like it! ;) And put some more flowers in it. Maybe some feathers. Maybe even a little bird in a nest? Or some berries and leaves? It would be so lovely.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy