Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
maggiethespy said:
I'm posting this a couple of places, because I think it applies to multiple threads.

I felt silly today and decided to do my hair and makeup like Fashion Editor Barbie. Here are the results :D
meandbarbie-1.jpg

I tried to make it look like an old pin-up painting here:
mevargagirl-1.jpg

And like a comic book drawing here:
mecomicbookgirl-1.jpg

Good lord! I'm beginning to feel like the Tarzan of the forum world, because all I can think to say is "Wow" and "Love". ;)

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Ok, after playing around with picture it, (I don't have photoshop so these aren't as good as Maggies!) I came up with these~
Some of you might remember the pic as I used it for my business cards in a previous thread. Sorry to bommard you all but they're mostly the same pic! :p
3347482478_791a9e9f1c.jpg

3346643713_4d2c764e0e.jpg

3346645589_909e5479cc.jpg

3346641821_f6b12af83b.jpg

3346639693_be54cacc3f.jpg

CherryKrissy

Familiar Face
you ladies are all so wonderful with your hair! I've never been overly good at styling mine, but the past few weeks I've done some nice loose ringlets with my curling iron. Tonight I am attempting my first pin curl set. Wish me luck....I'm gonna need it! lol

CherryKrissy

Familiar Face
Caity Lynn said:
^ i'm doing my first pin curl set tonight as well, wish me luck!

Best of luck! I never got around to doing mine last night. I think I'll recruit my darling husband to help me this weekend. He's generally better at figuring this stuff out than me (how sad is that? *lol*)

MadelienneBlack

One of the Regulars
Here's a question: (I hope this makes sense...)

How do you girls get your victory rolls to stay so circular without hair rats? Everytime I try, no matter how perfect the roll looks on my finger, when I go to secure it I end up with flattend ovals smooshed again my head. Maybe I'm pinning it wrong? Is there a trick to keeping your roll perfect and circular, or is a hidden rat my only option?

SuperKawaiiMama

One of the Regulars
MadelienneBlack said:
Here's a question: (I hope this makes sense...)

How do you girls get your victory rolls to stay so circular without hair rats? Everytime I try, no matter how perfect the roll looks on my finger, when I go to secure it I end up with flattend ovals smooshed again my head. Maybe I'm pinning it wrong? Is there a trick to keeping your roll perfect and circular, or is a hidden rat my only option?

I use a barrell roll technique and only ever pin the underside of the curl. I use two pins one form the front and one from the back of the curl, then heaps of hairspray. It does help that I have very thick hair too. :)

Esme

One of the Regulars
I curl mine, either with foam curlers the night before or, most often, with a medium barrel curling iron, then two pins will hold each victory roll, crisscrossed on the bottom of the roll. Add a ton of Elnett and go, baby, go!:p

kyda

One of the Regulars
I do pin curls the night before, I have we hair when I start with heaps of moose. I find that when my hair has a bit of curl it seems to hold for a bit longer and I use two bobby pins. One at the front and one at the back, I hope that this helps.

exquisitebones

A-List Customer
I second usng a curling iron, or pin-curling before hand. The back comb the inside and roll up. pin in place. :) PRACTICE! :) You will get it!

I went and saw watchmen with my darling husband last night and this was my date night hair.
I had to re-pin curl it when it fell apart earlier, but this was the end result I think it turned out quite OK!
3363292267_5eda1d81cb_m.jpg

Hela

New in Town
exquisitebones said:
I second usng a curling iron, or pin-curling before hand. The back comb the inside and roll up. pin in place. :) PRACTICE! :) You will get it!

I went and saw watchmen with my darling husband last night and this was my date night hair.
I had to re-pin curl it when it fell apart earlier, but this was the end result I think it turned out quite OK!
3363292267_5eda1d81cb_m.jpg

Your hair looks so pretty! I gonna get the hang of it sooner or later, practice, practice.

Lillemor

One Too Many
I love hair combs too. I'm trying to get a hold of some. They might actually make the end result of my sets look good.

Elina

New in Town
Hey dearies!

Just wanted to share som pictures of what my hair look like today!

Last night, I rolled my hair both with pin curls and small (5/8") foam rollers.
I pin curled the sides and the bangs, and rolled up the back hair on small foam rollers...

This is how it came out!

Front:
2q87ol1.jpg

Left:
b9avxd.jpg

Right:
2cnupsk.jpg

Back:
1zavd5.jpg

Upside...
2qns4kk.jpg

My back hair was VERY VERY VERY frizzy in the beginning! I don't think I've ever brushed my hair for so long, after I'd taken the rolls out! Phew...!

I'd like though to try to roll my back hair with medium sized foam rollers. I think that my hair wouldn't get as frizzy, and not tend to draw up as much as it did with these small rollers. The trouble is I can't find anyone in Sweden. ... :(
When straight, my hair is about shoulder length... And I do not have a middy... planning to get one though...someday :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24