Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Emer said:
This is my version of a French twist (hence, Irish-American). I wore this on a very hot, windy day here in the desert and it held up quite nicely. I did have to make sure my hair was wet to start, but other than that I just twisted, tucked, and pinned! It was my first attempt, and I'm very pleased with how it turned out!

tax2.jpg

From the front.

tax1.jpg
You should be pleased. It look beautiful as do you.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
crazydaisy said:
This is my usual up do, that I wear in the first and sometimes second day of my set, when the curls are fairly tight. I don't brush them out at this stage, just arrange and secure them with hair pins.

qNi3HH874600-02.jpg

WT9lyH428294-02.jpg

aJRYqc565073-02.jpg

8sqcfH109157-02.jpg
You have gorgeous hair.

deco_darling

One of the Regulars
pincurl1.jpg

This is what my hair looks like now. This was done with pincurls overnight and worn to bed. I can essentially turn this into any kind of style by arranging the curls a certain way.

pincurl2.jpg

This is how the one above look in a 1930s hat.

rolls1.jpg

This is the same recent hair and its done up in rolls, a wave and a side curl. All done in pincurls overnight and combed out.

rolls2.jpg

wave2.jpg

Same length but this is done with a curling iron.

wave1.jpg

An older hair cut, done with a curling iron and a combination of pincurls.

pincurl_mid-1.jpg

Another older haircut, done in pin curls at the ends only.

deco_darling

One of the Regulars
Kadri said:
After setting my hair with foam rollers,And brushing the curls out I sort of managed to get some waves.[huh]
Beautiful, You resemble Marion Davies. Just darling.

If you want the wet set type wave you set pincurls in 3 or 4 rows, one row in one direction and the second row another and the third the same as the first and when you brush it out and mold it, it makes a perfect wave. I hope that helps and you can understand what I said. :)

Lillemor

One Too Many
I'm looking at photos of the last three ladies who posted and I'm in absolute awe of the skills some of you have. I'm still trying to master a smooth ponytail with one smooth curl at the end.lol

deco_darling, I'm envious that you can keep your hair looking so smooth!

I just can't get the smooth top I want with the more defined and smooth curls at the bottom.

Kadri

Familiar Face
deco_darling said:
Beautiful, You resemble Marion Davies. Just darling.

If you want the wet set type wave you set pincurls in 3 or 4 rows, one row in one direction and the second row another and the third the same as the first and when you brush it out and mold it, it makes a perfect wave. I hope that helps and you can understand what I said. :)

Thank you!Marion Davies is one of my favourite actresses!

Yes,I have actually tried it.But my hair is very thick and does not hold pin curls that well.It did make a small wave,though and is generally a good way to set.Just not for me,I guess.
I've also tried this:http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_hdc0MeTrNqk/Rp0CJQqTwZI/AAAAAAAAAHk/Gj3YF0Af9v4/s1600-h/hair-30s-brushcurl.jpg

Your hair looks so smooth and easy to handle...ENVY!!! ;)

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Tinseltown said:
Do any of you girls have some suggestions for VERY thin hair? I need a 'do that somewhat disguises the hairparting, which is where the hairloss is.
It doesn't help to part my hair in the other side either.
I suffer from hairloss in the parting of my hair, and I just went to the umpteenth doctor who just said "Go to a hairdresser and make them fix your hair in a smart way!". :mad:
(I have tried that!)
I lovelovelove pincurls, but it seems the hairparting has to be very visible in pincurl-'dos. :(

I have been thinking a little about what you could do. Suggestions:

1. Going short might be something you could consider, it's often the best thing you can do with thin hair. I have a friend who had very thin hair and she cut her hair in a short Mia Farrow style, and it actually looks thick now!

2. Style your hair in a way so it doesn't part. Pincurl it in backward-going curls, so it'll poof up in the front. Example:

039_4117~Grace-Kelly-Posters.jpg

grace10.jpg

This style is very versatile, it can look 50's as much as 30's.

clubwitsend

Practically Family
3322176319_3c1a231a2b.jpg
3323007552_f5df4237a5.jpg

Here I am showing off a new bang trim last weekend!

And I have to say- I am SO JEALOUS of all of you beautiful ladies with long hair that you can style in so many amazing ways...I'm a little bit of a one trick pony...haha. But beautiful job, all of you!!

Kadri...you're inspiring me to think about curls!

MissAmelina

A-List Customer
crazydaisy said:

it has been driving me bonkers trying to figure out just who you remind me of...and then it dawned on me that you look a heck of alot like Amy Acker who plays "Fred" in Angel.....a spin-off of the Buffy series that is near and dear to my heart (both are!). Forgive me for saying so. But she is a hot mama, so I figured it would be okay. :)

fred.jpg

RitaHayworth

One of the Regulars
crazydaisy said:
This is my usual up do, that I wear in the first and sometimes second day of my set, when the curls are fairly tight. I don't brush them out at this stage, just arrange and secure them with hair pins.

qNi3HH874600-02.jpg

WT9lyH428294-02.jpg

aJRYqc565073-02.jpg

8sqcfH109157-02.jpg

What a great 'do! I never really like my first day of a new pin curl set - maybe this is the way to fix it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav